PDA

View Full Version : How does the RT Pro work?

StealthPlayer
06-26-2002, 09:17 PM
How does it shoot 26 bps? Is it like the Tippmann R/T where you just hold the trigger in?

xmetal2001
06-26-2002, 09:26 PM
Your not going to be able to shoot 26 bps unless you can pull the trigger that fast(you cant, nobody can). Or unless you have an emag with a full-auto board(e-magnum).

I'm not sure, but if i remember i think it goes reactive by returning the trigger with unregulated air. Thats why increasing the input pressure increases reactivity.

The Tippmann R/T you dont just hold down the trigger, the trigger bounces off your finger to make it sure uncontrollably fast.

shartley
06-26-2002, 09:28 PM
I think you are confusing issues GREATLY.

The RT valve can shoot at a rate of 26 BPS with no shootdown. That does not mean you can simply take the RT Pro and shoot 26BPS. Simply put NO marker made has been proven to actually shoot at that rate when shooting actual paintballs (got some working on it here on AO though.. mad props guys!).. and mainly because no loading device has been made to FEED that fast at a sustained rate.

The fastest actual “shooting” markers with actual Paintballs are the E-Mag at a verified 20BPS (Which uses the same RT valve as the RT Pro.. pretty much) and the Angel at a verified 18BPS. Both are SUPER FAST! But only the RT valve can sustain those rates with NO shootdown (loss of velocity due to improper or full charging of pressure).

Oh.. and although I think Tippmans are wonderful markers and have their place in the paintball community, they should not be used in the same sentence as an RT Pro. ;) Stop reading magazine ads. ;)

( I am sure others will elaborate on my post…)

Paintballer86
06-26-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by shartley
[B] they should not be used in the same sentence as an RT Pro. B]

They can be used in the same sentence. Just with "is nothing compared to" between the two, where the tippmann comes first, and the rt comes second.

StealthPlayer
06-26-2002, 10:11 PM
Does it have a short trigger pull like the Black Dragon? Or can I adjust the trigger?

mykroft
06-26-2002, 11:04 PM
The trigger isn't adjustable, pull is very short though, and much crisper than a black dragun. It's got about as much bull as a Eclipse Hinged cocker with the new DYE 4-way.

RT_Luver
06-26-2002, 11:14 PM
basically, the gun uses so much PSI per shot. the gas that isn't used, is used to return the trigger back to the firing position, thus giveing the name "reactive". it just uses non-used gas to return the trigger. I dont know all the dnamics of it, but they ROCK:D

einhander619
06-27-2002, 12:11 AM
How do they work? Pretty damn well.

Patron God of Pirates
06-27-2002, 10:27 AM
(Note: I am not a tech. all of this info was learned from video or AO and is roughly accurate)

The Valve regulates the input pressure down to around 400psi (depending on your velocity adjustment) to be used for moving the bolt and firing the paintball. The actual input pressure can be anywhere from 700-1100psi. High pressure air recharges extremely quickly (every 20 ms. Which actually works out to more like 50 BPS). The air not used for the shot returns the on/off assembly to the "off " position. This pushes the sear back which pushess the trigger back. The higher the input pressure, the more force and speed the trigger is pushed back with.

The return force is twice (or more) than the pull force. This makes firing very quickly almost effortless.

No Semi-Automatic paintball marker, electronic or otherwise, will fire any faster than the RTP can. In skilled hands, the Pro devours electros with 2x the price tag.

AutomagBoy
03-16-2003, 11:03 PM
so can it seem like your firing uncontrollable full auto like the tippmann rt or is it more of a controlled very fast semi-auto?

rehme
03-16-2003, 11:19 PM
it is like a controlable reactive marker and can go really fast in semi

shockman
03-17-2003, 07:06 AM
To achieve these results what is the most ideal setting for the input pressure?

shartley
03-17-2003, 07:38 AM
Each marker is different. But if you keep everything stock, it takes very high input pressures… and 900 is NOT very high ;).

This however is a malfunction and is not good for your marker. And I don’t advise folks just do this themselves. Chances are you will be kicked off of most fields anyways. But if you want to shoot trees in your backyard, go for it…. but I happen to think paintball is more than spraying paint at trees. ;)

shartley
03-17-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Patron God of Pirates
No Semi-Automatic paintball marker, electronic or otherwise, will fire any faster than the RTP can. In skilled hands, the Pro devours electros with 2x the price tag.
Tell it like it is! :D

Dayspring
03-17-2003, 10:02 AM
This basic principle is used by the Tippmann RT. They designed a second valve on the outside of the gun to use the wasted gas to kick the trigger. It's user adjustable. They did nothing to enhance their crappy main valve.

The RT valve had the air pathway redsigned so that it would take the full incoming pressure from the tank to recharge. The "reactive kick" is an actual side-effect. It wasn't really designed for.

See the difference? AGD leads the way. Tippmann copies.

Originally posted by RT_Luver
basically, the gun uses so much PSI per shot. the gas that isn't used, is used to return the trigger back to the firing position, thus giveing the name "reactive". it just uses non-used gas to return the trigger. I dont know all the dnamics of it, but they ROCK:D

shockman
03-17-2003, 06:28 PM
Ok lets say I have a setup with warp, revy x-board, dye TI barrel, Flatline 68/4500, intelli, and lvl 10 RTP. Then what kind of pressure am I looking for?