PDA

View Full Version : Dye Frames...Warranty?

puckmaster
06-26-2002, 10:14 PM
I got a great deal on a dye grip frame for my mag and just noticed that it invalidates the warrenty. Why?

magman007
06-26-2002, 10:31 PM
im not gonna get into my reasonings be cause well, id get flamed for putting tom down, but apparently they have to be tuned or something, but i personally think there is an underlying reason there

MagDog68
06-26-2002, 10:38 PM
Just like any other product, aftermarket parts are NOT covered by the warranty. If you bought a PC from Dell and put Kingston Memory into it, Dell will not work on it until the original memory is replaced.

Remember that the warranty only covers what the manufacturer sold you, not anything you have added since then. AGD has no business fixing Dye merchandise.

~Fred

marley618
06-26-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by magman007
im not gonna get into my reasonings be cause well, id get flamed for putting tom down, but apparently they have to be tuned or something, but i personally think there is an underlying reason there

What he is trying to say is.. It's so you buy the intelliframe.

puckmaster
06-26-2002, 10:53 PM
But couldn't you put back on the stock frame if you need to send it back to the factory to be worked on? Also, why is benchys covered?

RT_Luver
06-26-2002, 11:00 PM
not sure abotu the benchy's, but, sure...puttin your stock one on B4 you sent it in would prob be fine

mykroft
06-26-2002, 11:00 PM
Benchy's are covered because they worked with Tom to make sure the frame wouldn't cause problems.

Diamond Labs & DYE Frames have, in the past caused problems, especally with trigger rod length, that are solved by simply going back to a stock frame, hence the specificexclusion of them from the warantee. I hear DYE frames are a lot better than they used to be though.