PDA

View Full Version : anybody else ever notice every team has a cocker tech

hubadlatimmy
06-27-2002, 12:40 AM
I mean am I the only one that notices this every team has somebody that knows about cockers it's like an unwritten rule that you have to have at least one knowledgeable person.

InfinatyBPS
06-27-2002, 01:01 AM
Yes, I am my team's cocker tech, which is scary because I always seem to do something stupid to my cocker. There used to be 2 cocker techs on our team but the other one, I let barrow my cocker and well... heres the story from what he said. The trigger was sticking, it was leaking from everywhere and my pneus hoses blew off... Suposedly he could have fixed any problem on a cocker, yet he didn't know crap about what was wrong, I get my cocker and immediatly i see that my pressure is at 600psi!!! I run my cocker at 250-300 psi. So I turn it down and the leaking is still there, I figure its leaking from the main hose, and I degas it and take off the hose, and I see he took off ALL my teflon tape on there(why? I dont know) so I put some blue loc tite, let it dry and put a little more and rescrew it, it stopped leaking. It takes me a while to figure that he blew an o ring, in the 3 way, luckily I had an extra shaft, so I stick it in there and sticking is gone, leaking is gone. all is good. And also he took off my safty and when I asked for it back he said, "... umm why do you want it back..." I say because I need it, he says, " no you don't, just use it like that, it will just make your trigger smoother..." and he still won't give it back to me... Also he worked on someone elses Cocker and he caused $150 worth of damage to their cocker... So he is officialy not a Cocker tech for the team... everyone thinks I don't know crap about cockers but, I'm always the one that times and trouble shoots my cocker and fixes it... so I guess I know everything about it...
And nobody on my team is ever gonna be allowd to use any of my stuff anymore because of that tard...

AcemanPB
06-28-2002, 12:40 AM
no one on my team shoots a cocker (mags impys and bushies), but i do know a good bit about them although i wouldn't consider myself a cocker "tech"

mykroft
06-28-2002, 10:51 AM
Free beer: Best reason to know cockers.

"Sure, I'll fix your wheezing cocker, go get me a beer."