PDA

View Full Version : a common setup..am i the only one with problems?

felony
06-27-2002, 11:05 AM
hey guys

i have seen alot of your mags and minimags. some have the fore-grip extender, but my marker does not have that. i also have the intelliframe. this poses a problem and actually forced me to buy a new drop and ASA adapter to properly fit.

if you are confused at what i am saying, the VERT ASA on the mag, is long. Then you add the gas-thru and that adds like 4-5 inches! this makes for a total fore-grip that is like 3 inches longer then the bottom of the intelliframe grip. i tried numerous drops at the local store and got no where. didnt try the DZII but may in the future.

well, here is my problem, i will be selling my crossfire and drop/asa and getting a flatline 3k. do you guys thing this will fit my setup? i really really dont wanna spend 60 bucks on a DZII for a drop when the standard one is fine but wont fit! are there any shorter gasthrus? it has to also be narrow because otherwise i will have to dremel it down like me current one cause it would run into the intelliframe trigger guard

thanks for your help

dan

hitech
06-27-2002, 01:21 PM
It should fit. Here is a picture of my marker with the flatline. I don't have an intelliframe or fore grip, but you can see where it would fit. It don't think the intelliframe will place the drop more than an inch farther forward then mine.

felony
06-27-2002, 01:30 PM
sweet setup..

what is that block between your drop and your frame?

after reviewing the picture i realized that that is the standard trigger frame. the .45 intelli pushes the bottomline holes forward some causeing the flatline to be pushed up some. so if i drop the intelli, the flatline will be fine...

hmm..any more users with pics of intelliframe w/ flatline and its standard drop?

thanks
dan

Schnitzel
06-27-2002, 02:00 PM
that block is a dovetail mount. you loosen the wingnut towards the front, and pull the pin out of the side. it allows the bottle+mount to slide either forward or backwards all the way off.

rikkter
06-27-2002, 02:44 PM
here..i have the flatline and intelli on my mag

hitech
06-27-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Schnitzel
that block is a dovetail mount. you loosen the wingnut towards the front, and pull the pin out of the side. it allows the bottle+mount to slide either forward or backwards all the way off.

Yup, that's what it is. A must for a flatline if you ask me. :D

It's made by NW Paintball Products. You can get them at

http://www.modifiedpaintball.com

or from the manafacture at

http://www.nwpaintballproducts.com/MM007.ASP?pageno=140

covadsucks
06-27-2002, 04:24 PM
Go to www.fighterxsports.com you can get a single piece vertical ASA and gasthrough grip. Dirt cheap and solid as a rock.

felony
06-27-2002, 04:28 PM
sweet!!!

thanks for the PIC

just what i needed

thanks for the other info too!

thanks

and oh, thanks

dan

abaez
06-13-2003, 08:44 PM
covadsucks i love you

rikkter
06-13-2003, 10:20 PM
o.O

wow, i've been on AO for over a year now, that time went by quick..

and why did you dig a year old thread for?