PDA

View Full Version : Emagnum and AGD warranty??

RT_Luver
06-27-2002, 04:16 PM
OK, I know the emagnum board voids the warranty from AGD, thats not the question. My question is, once the Emagnum board is installed on the gun, will AGD STILL work on it. I know since their is no warranty on it now, that it'll ocst, but is AGD still willing to fix the problems or whatever is goin on with it?

than205
06-27-2002, 04:48 PM
It would seem to me that they would if you removed the board before you sent it in. It would likely be pricey though.

The ultimate question is why would buy the board if it voids your warranty and there are really very few places you would be able to play with it? And there are rumors of full auto being regulated/banned by ASTM(?).

RT_Luver
06-27-2002, 04:59 PM
well, my team and I have plans of playin in tournies but right now, we dont play them alot. most of the time we just play for the fun of it and play for practices ad etc.. the reason i want the board is because I go to this thing that my church youth group has every year called "spiritual bootcamp" adn we play ALOT of paintball. and I think that playin w/ FA their would be AWESOME. I'm not gunna lie. money isn't truly a big problem with me(but I don have to work for it) and spending about 2000 dollars total on a gun just to have fun with is fine with me. I mean, isnt paintball OFR FUN? why get so hyped up on "well you dont need this gun if your just playin walk-ons and etc.." my team plays alot and we LOVE to play inmy backyard and out on an island near my dads house. and havin FA their would be awesome. and also, ASTM is only banning FA itslef the way I understand it. as long as you can lock it and not be able to change the mode you fire at with out havin to take the gun apart, your fine. I just want a KICK A** gun that I can have fun with. and a mag never breaks donw most the time unles you do something TO make it break down. the reason I made this thread was to find out is that if I get this board and AGD comes out with the Extreme upgrade package, will I be abe to send my e-mag in witht eh emagnum board in it and have them C&C my e-mag out.

Butterfingers
06-27-2002, 05:12 PM
The offical word is that the offical 90 day warranty is voided with the e-magnum.

We do however offer our own 90 day warnantee.

RT_Luver
06-27-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
The offical word is that the offical 90 day warranty is voided with the e-magnum.

We do however offer our own 90 day warnantee.

with that being said....is the star warranty voided, or both? Will they still service it witht hat board in?

Butterfingers
06-27-2002, 05:44 PM
They will not accept your gun with the e-magnum installed.

http://www.airgun.com/WarrantyPolicy.shtml

According to Tom, It follows the same policy as if you have a hyperframe or boo yah frame on your mag.

RT_Luver
06-27-2002, 05:48 PM
alright...well knowin that, who should I send it to, to get it fixed?

Butterfingers
06-27-2002, 05:50 PM
We will fix it.

RT_Luver
06-27-2002, 06:17 PM
just as good. I trust tou all as much as I trust AGD(and thats sayin alot)

RT_Luver
06-28-2002, 12:19 PM
I'm glad to know that you all will fix it if something goes wrong, but I just thought about something. What about when the C&C Extreme upgrade is released? will AGD turn turn my gun into a C&C or will they not except it again(I'm gunna go with the second one:( ) will ya'll have something like this or what? I'm not really wanting ACE that bad, more of the carved alluminum body. I prob wont even use ACE that much if I had it. just wondering

Army
06-28-2002, 12:44 PM
If something mechanical is wrong with your gun, put the stock board back in, make sure it works, then send the gun in to AGD. One star will be milled off to indicate warranty work performed

AGD will not work on your gun if the problem is the Emagnum board. If the board is inside when you send it to AGD, the warranty is void and you will be charged for the repairs.

If you have an Emagnum board and want to avoid AGD policy, then contact Modified Paintball Products in order to send it to them for repairs. You will still be charged for any repairs of course.

RT_Luver
06-28-2002, 02:14 PM
ok, so what I'm gettin is, if something like the valve is leaking or it wont cock or something like that, if I put the stock board back in, they fix it under warranty. if the Emagnum board is in, it'll cost me. is that right? and if the Emagnum board has caused the problem, they wont fix it at all. for something like that, I would need to send it into MPP and get them to fix it, correct? is so, that answers all my questions but this inparticular. if I wanted to get my e-mag upgraded to a C&C extreme, would AGD do it if the Emagnum board was installed? Thanks to anyone that answered any of my questions. it helped me alot;) THANKS