PDA

View Full Version : Sheridan VM-68?

Vex
06-27-2002, 06:47 PM
Is Sheridan's version the same as the PMI version? Are they both considered VM-68s, or for you old timers, PMI 3s?

I recently acquired one, that's in good shape and shoots great (although I cannibalized the macroline off of it for my Minimag.)

Anyone have any idea what these things go for?

Thanks

HoppysMag
06-27-2002, 07:00 PM
they are dirt cheap.... your lucky if you can find some one who wants one.... but if its in good condition you can obviously get more for it.... PMI 3's and VM68's are the same just diffrent name

Goldie D Pimp
06-27-2002, 07:08 PM
I'll give ya $25 for it! :)

Cristobal
06-27-2002, 07:17 PM
I was considering buying one a few months ago to resell for profit but my potential source was asking too much. Last time I looked they were going for around $60-100 on ebay, depending on condition. A bottom-line is a pretty important mod and should increase the value of your marker (which I'm guessing has one if it had macroline on it). My guess is that a PMI-3 will also sell for a bit more, just because they seem to be rarer.

kosmo
06-27-2002, 08:26 PM
Personally I love those vm-68s. The things are built like a rock, and twice as heavy. You could use one like a chain gang prisoner crushing rock for a gravel road and it would still work. And theyre just plain fun to tinker with.

Vex
06-27-2002, 08:33 PM
Thanks guys. I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it just yet. It belonged to my best friend who passed away last year, so I don't know if I want to tink with it and keep it for sentimentality, or try to sell it and put some more into my Minimag. It wasn't his main gun, just a side project.

rjvemt1
06-27-2002, 08:42 PM
sorry to hear about your friend, my dad still has a pmi III.i think i would clean it up and play with it now and then for old times sake.

Vex
06-27-2002, 08:42 PM
Thanks guys. I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it just yet. It belonged to my best friend who passed away last year, so I don't know if I want to tink with it and keep it for sentimentality, or try to sell it and put some more into my Minimag. It wasn't his main gun, just a side project.

Creative Mayhem
06-28-2002, 02:59 PM
Hey man, sorry 'bout your friend. I had one and sold it to get my mag, I regret not keeping it and buying a mag as well. I loved that anchor <sob> :( sure it was heavy but I would have to say it was probably one of my favorite markers. I miss it. I would keep it and use it regularly in memory of your friend.