PDA

View Full Version : i need some help.....its the same problem as before

soldur
06-27-2002, 06:51 PM
hey my brothers spyder xtra is still having some trouble. we went and tested it just a minute ago and it wouldnt recock all the way about 6 times through 200 rounds of paint. we aimed it up and shot about 25 rounds and nothing happened and then we shot about 25 rounds aimed down and nothing happened. but then we jerked the gun from a downward pointed direction up to a level shooting plain and fired and it wouldnt recock. after the first time it happened it happened 5 more times even when the gun was pointed up. does it sound to you like its a liquid CO2 problem? we are going to get a palmer stabilizer. what do you think? will that solve everything? and have you guys ever heard of this problem before with any spyders?

Havoc_online
06-27-2002, 10:14 PM
I'm no expert on spyders but I know they usually run into spring problems, do you have a spring kit? if not, you should probably try and get one, also, instead of buying a stabilizer, just spend a little more and get nitro which would do more good.

athomas
06-28-2002, 09:38 AM
Liquid CO2 usually doesn't affect blowback style markers that way. Liquid would cause high velocity spikes and increased cocking power.

I agree with Havoc_online. Its probably a spring problem. The marker may be operating right on the fringes of enough blowback to cock it.

FrAuStY
06-28-2002, 09:42 AM
Also... replace the striker o-ring. My brothers Spyrder SE is regulated down to around 400 psi and he had similar problems. We could get it to dry fire, but once we put paint in it.. it'd shoot 3 times..then full auto like tank was empty then not re-cock. Come to find out. It was a combination of striker o-ring, mainspring, and a bolt o-ring. If you relpace the o-ring on the striker, and the main spring and still have re-cocking problems.. don't know what to tell ya. Good luck :)