PDA

View Full Version : Ao.....help!

soldur
06-27-2002, 06:59 PM
hey my brothers spyder xtra is still having some trouble. we went and tested it just a minute ago and it wouldnt recock all the way about 6 times through 200 rounds of paint. we aimed it up and shot about 25 rounds and nothing happened and then we shot about 25 rounds aimed down and nothing happened. but then we jerked the gun from a downward pointed direction up to a level shooting plain and fired and it wouldnt recock. after the first time it happened it happened 5 more times even when the gun was pointed up. does it sound to you like its a liquid CO2 problem? we are going to get a palmer stabilizer. what do you think? will that solve everything? and have you guys ever heard of this problem before with any spyders?

dropkick1
06-27-2002, 07:26 PM
why get a stabilizer? the regulator is pretty much worth more than the gun your gonna put it on. save up and get a new marker.

ken

Ultimator
06-27-2002, 07:29 PM
my bro has an extra .. never had a problem with it. Only thing is he's a front player and this spyder is waaaaaaaaaayy to slow for him even then.

soldur
06-27-2002, 07:37 PM
hey you know what? i asked you guys a question and as far as im concerned if you dont have an answer or a positive comment then keep your traps shut. paintball is paintball and we need to stick together. you play your way and we'll play ours. i asked for some help and you didnt give any. so no thanks to either of you.

Kaiser Bob
06-27-2002, 07:41 PM
check that the bolt or hammer arent sticking. Make sure everything is oiled.

rhetor22
06-27-2002, 07:42 PM
soldur, make sure all the orings on the bolt and hammer are still in good shape

rjvemt1
06-27-2002, 08:07 PM
hey you know what? i asked you guys a question and as far as im concerned if you dont have an answer or a positive comment then keep your traps shut. paintball is paintball and we need to stick together. you play your way and we'll play ours. i asked for some help and you didnt give any. so no thanks to either of you hey soldur, dont hold your feelings back! tell us how yur really feelin!;)how old was the gun when the problem started check the travel path of the bolt and hammer maybe you have developed a bur or something that is inhibiting the path. can you get a preset n2 tank to hook up and try? i would hold off on that reg it just doesnt sound like the solution.have you taken a good look at the sear, maybe youve worn something in the trigger assy and the upward movement is jiggling the trigger assy out of position.thats all got for now,good luck :)

TRIAD
06-27-2002, 10:38 PM
I'd check the sear, i had the same problem with my piranha, and then check hammer o-ring, had that prob too, and if you've taken valve out RIGHT before this (or this would've happened immediately after), then check and make sure it went in the right end first, that's about it, besides making sure o-rings okay and oiled.

darklord
06-27-2002, 11:13 PM
Might be liquid Co2.... could be insufficient PSI though. Was your tank filled? If so, properly? The tank could be close to empty. Try using someone's n2 tank to see if that works.... if that does, then it's probably the co2 tank. Check your valve screw, too, that might be loose... just be sure every fitting is nice and tight, and all the o-rings aren't chipped, missing, or scratched. A stablizer might help to change the input psi, but it won't stop liquid co2 from entering the gun if you fire fast. I have a spyder, I'd be glad to help ya if you're still having problems.