PDA

View Full Version : Everybody see the new Colored CenterFlag Mags?

DiRTyBuNNy
06-28-2002, 03:19 AM
just wanted to let everyone take a look at the new purple CenterFlag mag..(It's for you CaPo)..thanks to Warpig for the pix..gotta give the credit where credit is due...oh..and they say it's a urethane finish...

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/chicago/tech/MVC483S.jpg

Cliffio
06-28-2002, 03:22 AM
pretty sweet

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
06-28-2002, 03:36 AM
I think i just found my backup :D

DiRTyBuNNy
06-28-2002, 03:48 AM
I wonder why Dennis Ashley has never shown his face around here...hey Tom, you got something against DA and Centerflag? (other than the issue with the HyperFrames not working on all mags..but oh well..)

Clare
06-28-2002, 03:51 AM
that's purrrrdy..now if it only came with a "no rise" body :)

liigod
06-28-2002, 03:52 AM
i know from experience.... that mag WILL be a blender.

DiRTyBuNNy
06-28-2002, 04:01 AM
A powerfeed wouldn't be too bad, CaPo...

Clare
06-28-2002, 04:04 AM
A powerfeed wouldn't be too bad, CaPo

true, I'm just not a fan of the tall centerfeed :D

shartley
06-28-2002, 05:24 AM
Personally I think it is ugly, and lacks style. It is a pretty color, but I am not impressed with the grip and frame. It does not have appealing lines to me, nor looks remotely comfortable.

But that is just my opinion…

steveg
06-28-2002, 06:01 AM
now now shartly don't knock it until you try it. I find
my hyperframe fits my hand very well, better than an e-mag
for sure.
Ugly and style are personal opinions of course.

shartley
06-28-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by steveg
now now shartly don't knock it until you try it. I find
my hyperframe fits my hand very well, better than an e-mag
for sure.
Ugly and style are personal opinions of course.
You are correct, looks are all personal preference. I was not knocking it… I was just saying I think it is ugly.

I don’t doubt it fits your hand better than an E-Mag… almost anything would (no offense AGD, but the grip is like holding a block). I verified this yesterday afternoon when I grabbed an E-Mag to see what I could do for the grips… yup, I can fix that problem. I wish the grip frame was just a tad bit narrower though, would make that easier… oh well. ;)

As for trying it…. LOL I will take your word that you like it very much. But I would not even drive an ugly CAR no matter how well it handled… take the Aztek (sp?) for example. ;)

Prezents
06-28-2002, 06:55 AM
If you order one, will it take 4 months to get, because they dont have any in stock, and when they do will it only be black????? Sorry still venting about Center Flag.

steveg
06-28-2002, 07:09 AM
Prezents, I'm sure that AGD has occasionally taken more
time to fix a marker than the owner wanted or expected as well.
remember you are not only dealing with Centerflags
"tolerances" but AGD's as well.
There are several different on/off pin lengths and several
powertube spacers from AGD It all has to work together.

Centerflag has a very good reputation on this board.
They have offered to make your mag and hyperframe work
They have given you a VALID reason for why it will take
longer than normal.

Send it to them and get a working marker back OR sell the
HF and move on.

Creative Mayhem
06-28-2002, 02:51 PM
Standard mags have no character compared to a mini. That one has too much purple, I prefer to accent one color with another. Thats why I like the chrome/purple combo. I have to agree with steveg, when dealing with a mesh of two company's products there is always tolerance issues. You have to choose which issues you want to deal with, hyper frames tend to chew bolts up when the ROF is too high. but if its not this frame can work. I just prefer not to deal with this issue... don't need this problem with a marker.

zads27
06-28-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by shartley
But I would not even drive an ugly CAR no matter how well it handled… take the Aztek (sp?) for example. ;)

LOL shartley dogged the Aztek. good for you shartley, you do have taste.

I have to agree with Shartley on the lines.. none of the parts should go together.(each piece might be okay individually, but in that combination.. no.)

Color looks interesting, not for me, but I can see it looking good (color-wise).. the urethane finish makes it kinda questionable, though.. you know exactly what it is?

thecavemankevin
06-28-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by liigod
i know from experience.... that mag WILL be a blender.

why do you say that?

I have a hyperframe on mine and never have chop issues.

Laxpunk2006
06-28-2002, 04:47 PM
I think that is perty. How much do those cost? And what is exactly is a urethane coating? Is it like powder coating?

meat
06-28-2002, 07:19 PM
ooooooo .... where would i get my
hands on a center feed body like that except
not purple (not minimag)?

InfinatyBPS
06-28-2002, 08:49 PM
isnt urethane, what they make Skate wheels of? So its a rubber coating?

DiRTyBuNNy
06-29-2002, 12:09 AM
well..i'm sure we've got some chemists on here or something..but i think it sort of is like a plastic coating...i'd love a royal blue mag body...but i don't see why it's any better than powdercoating...i'd actually think i'd be as fragile as anno...

Bartleby
06-29-2002, 12:17 AM
That one looks right up my alley :D. But I am going to have to agree with Creative Mayhem, for obvious reasons.

Cliffio
06-29-2002, 12:20 AM
i dunno, i like the purple

Cliff

rx2
06-29-2002, 12:27 AM
Urethane is a polymer that is sort of like a more plastic version of laquer. It is used often on flooring, in skate wheels, and on musical instruments (where I have had most experience with it). It can be a pretty hard and durable finish, but it can scuff, and a hard drop could cause some flaking. It may also spiderweb after a while. The upside is that a good finishing compound such as that used on autos can bring the finish back, and it should be able to be applied without too much problem should it fail.
I don't know if I would really want it on a marker, though.

Cavemankevin, liigod thinks that anything with Mag in the name is an overpriced blender.

DiRTyBuNNy
06-29-2002, 01:03 AM
I wonder if anyone close to Centerflag could give us the heads up on these markers...

OldSchoolMag
06-29-2002, 03:22 AM
Ugh! I think that 'gun is... well, I can't think of anything witty right now (it's early!... or late, whichever) so I'll just put it bluntly: that thing is fugly. I like Centerflag, but... sheesh.

Mayhem - do you ever pass up a chance to pimp that purple mini of yours?:)

OSM

st6212
06-29-2002, 09:50 AM
Noticed they've made a blade trigger from the standard HF trigger.

I wouldn't mind that.

Ultimator
06-29-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by rx2
Cavemankevin, liigod thinks that anything with Mag in the name is an overpriced blender. Why do people like that join an automag forum? They are biased against a product but they have no life so they join a forum and constantly disrespect it. Wtg liigod :rolleyes:

Either way, after lvl 10 I'd like to see him say mag's are overpriced blenders.

Creative Mayhem
06-29-2002, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with "blender" concerning this mag, any hyperframe/mag combo isn't a good thing. I know two guys that have this combo and they ARE blenders hands down. It's no wonder mags get the "blender" title, these two personify it. I know about LVL 10, and yes it could help with the chopping issue. I would like to know if it will correct the bolt damage issue.

And just for oldschoolmag.....:D;)

Panzerr
06-29-2002, 01:15 PM
I'm not a fan of the purple. If it were glossy black or perhaps steel or some other color that would compliment the color of the valve, I think it would look pretty smart.

thecavemankevin
06-29-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by rx2
Urethane is a polymer that is sort of like a more plastic version of laquer. It is used often on flooring, in skate wheels, and on musical instruments (where I have had most experience with it).

....and this one time, at band camp....:D

sorry, couldn't resist

personman
06-29-2002, 03:00 PM
I'm sorry guys, but your tastes suck.
THAT MAG LOOKS SOOOO FRICKING SLICK!! :)
I like how the ASA matches the valve, and the only critisism I have is that It looks like the frame isnt urathane coated as well, therefore it looks horrible.
Maby its just the lighting, but the frame appears to be a diffrent shade of purple.
Otherwise, IT OWNS!

rx2
06-29-2002, 04:34 PM
I never said that they aren't blenders, just that ANYTHING Mag is a blender to that particular poster. Perhaps it is truthful, in his experience, but even then, this person seems to hate Mags, as indicated by his past posts.

Just for the record, I have never been to any sort of camp, so don't get any ideas!

minimag187
06-29-2002, 05:02 PM
I want that blade trigger for my hyperframe!

Snakebite78
06-29-2002, 06:01 PM
CreativeMayhem, why dont you just make that your sig?

Doobie
06-29-2002, 06:16 PM
Have a Hyper for 2 years now. No blending issues here. I will agree that the marker has to be mached right to the frame. A little bit of a headache, but worth it in the long run. My Hypermag rocks!

(Same bolt for 2 years...not chewed up!)
:)