PDA

View Full Version : Micro EMag

homer3dfx
06-28-2002, 10:31 AM
Since the day that i bought this damn paintball gun i'v had nothing but problems with it. I took it back to the store where i bought it from too get the leak and battery problem fix so they sent it too AGD to fix it. 3months later i got my micro emag back and it worked great thats till the battary ran out of power now all i have is RT mode. I'v tried charching the battery in my car for hours and hours and all i get out of it is one shoot then the led blinks Lo Batt. It charges too about 16v then drops down too 13v after i try too fire it.

I'v been looking at the tech forum for anything that can be usefull for fixing it and i'v read from a reply from BlackVCG from someone else post that the charger should be outputing 18v, i'v checked this on my charger and its only outputting 16.6v. So that must be the reason its only charging the battery too 16v i guess. But even 16v charge should be fine for playing a few games and all i get out of it is one shot and a bunch of clicks till battery drops down too 13v which all takes place in a few seconds.

Is there any ofter chargers i could use to work with the Emag battery or is there way around it by making my own battery pack out?

I'v tried to call AGD but after waitting 10mins on hold it starts too cost too much money waiting and this gun turn into nothing more then a money hole.

homer3dfx
06-28-2002, 10:45 AM
I'v also tried too charge the battery from my dad's truck and from that the charger outputs 11.5v and only charges the battery too 11v so i guess its a charger problem or i'm doing something wrong. Each time i'v tried to charge the battery i'v left it overnight charging. I'v given up i'll try too call AGD again later on today.

BlackVCG
06-28-2002, 02:56 PM
Call PTP and make them fix it. There's another AO member (Russ) who had a Micro E-Mag that had nothing but problems and after dealing with PTP a few times too many, they finally replaced it with an AGD E-Mag that he's been very happy with.

kutter
07-01-2002, 07:02 AM
Well this is not exactly the right thread but I had some questions about the e-mag battery.

Now I realize that Ni-Mh batteries do not develop memories perse, but they still should be charged and dis-charged in certain ways to optimize performance.

So here is my question, is the battery better off being charged using the output from the car or from a wall plugged dc converter of the type you might get from Radio Shack?

My first inclination is to say the wall charger since the amperage is less it will charge more slowly, heating the battery less and allowing it to charge more fully, but my theories are based upon deep cycle lead-acid batteries and I am not sure if the properties of the two are enough alike to warrant similar treatment.

As far as memories in the batteries go, my cellphone has a ni-mh battery and while it may not develop a 'memory' I have noticed that I get much better performance from it if I disharge it completely and charge it completely. The advantage being if I cannot do this for a time and am forced to put small charges on it for a time I can cycle it once all the way down and back up completely and the original battery properties are returned.

Just my opinions, I could be wrong.

homer3dfx
07-07-2002, 01:33 AM
i'v learnd my leason any pro team gun isn't worth the money its just trash 1k$ but i know never to buy from them again and RT mode works super. shame Emode does't work at all. 60$ for shiping F that 80$ us for a chargers hmmmmmm i don't think i'll wast any more money on it. lvl10 time to cancel the order mondy. AGD no more nothing but problems with them. i got the intelfram from them what a wast my stock did the same thing and it didn't cost 60$ shipping. Plus side is it looks alright but too much money good thing i sold the classic mag. now i just need some fool to fall for the hype and buy my mircro Emag. Most money i ever wasted was on a Emag and i'll never trust or buy from them again. Pissed off mircro emag owner. i would try and deal with them again if it didn't cost long distinst and 60$ US for shiping and handling but AGD is that kind of compay no 1800 number. Money power is all that matters.

BlackVCG
07-07-2002, 02:04 AM
I have a few things to recommend:

A) Learn how to type.

B) Learn how to spell.

C) Grow up.

D) Get lost.