PDA

View Full Version : cp barrel??

Mag Master 04
06-28-2002, 12:13 PM
would any of you guys reccomend a Custom Products barrel if so where can i buy a barrel for cheap

mykroft
06-28-2002, 12:15 PM
Go Lapco or SP Teardrop for the same $$ instead.

darklord
06-28-2002, 12:49 PM
I LOVE CP barrels! they're good, all-around barrels.... with SP barrels that have heavy porting you tend to waste a lot of air, whereas the CP barrels still have noise reduction but don't have excessive porting. They're great with marbs or PMIs too. The J&J ceramic is another great barrel, too, but you'd probably want to buy one from a local store and ask if you could do a blow test... my friend got one online and regular sized paint like marbs or pmis would not fit through...

Mag Master 04
06-28-2002, 01:30 PM
thanx, i never thought of lapco, they r kinda ugly, but looks arent evrything, right? lol. i was thinking about makin my gun blue, like the trigger frame and some other things and i figured cp makes colored barrels and i herd the 32 deg whisper sux balls. so i figured i would ask u guys before i bought anything. oh yea and what about the BOA, (Barrels Of America)? i herd they make good products also.

mykroft
06-28-2002, 02:29 PM
CP's aren't bad, but there are much better barrels for the money. If you want a Blue Barrel, go SP AA, and get a blue tip (Compatible with freak tips) or go Freak. Teardrops are also available in colours, and they perform well.

Creative Mayhem
06-28-2002, 02:32 PM
CP RULEZ! I've had one for a while now, and I must say that it far better than my SP Teardrop and Dye SS They're cheap accurate and quality products, I strongly reccomend buying one.

J
06-28-2002, 02:35 PM
I just got my CP barrel kit, haven't tried it out yet, but it looks sweet

Mav D MagMan
06-28-2002, 03:41 PM
CP barrels are great barrels all around.

They have a nice internal finish, good looks on the outside, threaded for many different types of markers, the porting leaves plenty of room to make it an efficient barrel, and they shoot very well with many types of paint.

The only problem I have had is cleaning the porting, it's somewhat small but can be accomplished. But hey it shoots pretty clean if you break a ball and aren't in a position to squeegee.

Mav