PDA

View Full Version : Mag Newb....need some gas through foregrips suggestions plz!!!

Greg98
06-28-2002, 12:30 PM
hi everyone! i just traded away my cocker for a minimag (stock) and a bunch of money.... i am TOTALLY new to mags,(this is my first post here at AO in the general forums!) so i'd really like some suggestions on foregrips for my minimag (i'm also one of the seemingly few mag owners here in vancouver:confused: ). The minimag is setup with vertical air, so i'll need a gas through foregrip, ANY suggestions will be a great help to me, and price is basically not a factor on this grip. Thank you very much everyone, this seems like a great forum after reading through alot of posts, and hopefully when my minimag arrives it will live up to my high expectations (i've just heard so darn much from all you mag owners!) thanks again everyone! :)

MagmanLee
06-28-2002, 12:35 PM
You can get any kinda foregrip/gas through u want their really all the same imo. i have a kapp gas through and have no problems w/ it at all.

lillfroboy
06-30-2002, 12:29 AM
are you shooting co2 or nitro, but in general their all the same if your shooting co2 get an expansionchamber and if your shooting nitro get the benchmark fore grips or Mokal

Greg98
06-30-2002, 12:32 AM
i'm shooting HPA, a 68 3k fibre wrapped nitroduck.... i'm thinking about picking up a PMI gas through, they're available at my local store for pretty cheap (40 cdn bucks) so if i wanted anything else i'd have to order it online, and i'd rather have it quicker, anyone have any experience with the PMI?

MrShutter
06-30-2002, 12:42 PM
My friend has a PMI Gas-thru on his F4 Illustrator (I know, they suck) at it's pretty nice.

Blennidae
06-30-2002, 02:21 PM
Some of the gas-thru grips don't fit too well with intelliframes, so if you have any future plans on upgrading your frame, you might want to keep that in mind.

Greg98
06-30-2002, 02:51 PM
well i plan on getting an intelliframe in the future....so how can i know which foregrips are compatible? get a skinnier one? thanks

Blennidae
06-30-2002, 03:05 PM
I know the KAPP ones fit. I'm sure there are others. I don't know what manufacturers don't. I have one that I can't screw in while the frame is attached. It has a ridge at the top that is the issue on this particular grip.

Mav D MagMan
06-30-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by MrShutter
My friend has a PMI Gas-thru on his F4 Illustrator (I know, they suck) at it's pretty nice.

Oops got me started.

Just a note though I go through enough of this "that gun this gun sucks crud"... F4's are one of the finest blow-back semi-automatic guns on the market today. I've been using one for three years now and the only gun I found worthy of replacing it is a Minimag.

If you want to talk to me about why F4s suck gimme a pm or a mail, here: AOL IM: pballr86

:) Mav
Mag users aren't the only ones to defend their guns fierceley

EDIT: PS. This isn't one of those trashy online forums (I won't mention names) where members sit and bash guns, well at least I hope not because that's why I came here, the people were more mature than that.

liigod
06-30-2002, 06:00 PM
just get a nice reg. people say on here that regs starve the gun. suuuure they do. Actually they are really nice on the guns, but u need a high flow one.

Greg98
06-30-2002, 06:06 PM
i've heard nothing but bad about triple regging a marker. when i had my phantom i saw pictures of a guy with 2 palmer stabs ( a female and a male) plus the reg on the HPA tank, i think thats a tad overkill, and although in slow shooting it apparently proved viable, in rapid firing he said there is dropoff. so who knows, i think triple regging any marker is a bit overkill. i wonder if anyone has ever done any tests on triple regging a gun.....

Blazingace
06-30-2002, 09:26 PM
Fighter X sports 4.5 foregrip. It completely replaces the vert ASA and gas thru. It is a gas thru fore grip that is shorter and tighter than anything out there. I have one with an Intelliframe and it is sweet. They sell a shorter one (3.5) if you like that. They are about 12 bucks US and they are nice. The only fault that they have is they are painted with a baking proccess instead of anodized. The paint kind of comes off eventually. I called them and they said that they were going to start anodizing soon. The price might be higher once they get it set up.