PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Cocker pics' and review!

MAGS own YOU
06-28-2002, 02:11 PM
I received my sonic cocker a few weekends ago and I absolutely love it. This is the steel gray color. First off, I would like the say that their customer service is number one. If you email them, you will talk directly to Bourke, a really nice guy that can help solve a lot of problems. Alright, now to dish out the info. When I got the gun, the first thing that caught my eye was the milling, especially the top curve. The gun had an extremely smooth and great body (he he). I admired the gun for a few minutes looking at it to make sure it looked ok before I gassed it up. When I pulled the trigger...ooohhh that was it. The trigger is the smoothest cocker trigger I have ever pulled with the shortest and lightest pull as well. When I ordered the gun I almost got an eclipse blade, but I’m glad I didn't. After installing the fittings and drop, I proceeded to gas it up. Worked perfectly. I tried the suction test- put some tissue above the feed tube, and fired. Tissue disappeared and went about halfway down the barrel. Wow, hadn't seen a cocker ever perform that well in the suction test before. I put some 1 year old nelson anarchy in my x-board rev and took some shots at a target approximately 50 feet away. Dead accurate with my .689 boomstick. I shot as fast as I could and didn't chop once. I stuck my finger in the chamber and let the trigger go; I barely even felt the bolt. The next day I took it out on the field to test it. I step up to the chrono, and fire 3 shots; 280, 281,280. I didn't have to change anything. First couple of games are good- no chops. Halfway through my back block starts sticking. I oiled my 3 way and cycled some oil through it with no cocking rod and fixed that problem. The gun was getting about 1500 shots for every 68/4500 psi fill. It is almost virtually impossible to get this gun out of time, since it has all the anti-vibration o-rings. My initial cocker was a dye but my order screwed up and I got the sonic. And boy am I glad I did. I couldn’t be happier with this gun- kudos to Mac Developments. If you need any more pictures and have any questions, feel free to ask.

MAGS own YOU
06-28-2002, 02:11 PM

MAGS own YOU
06-28-2002, 02:12 PM

MAGS own YOU
06-28-2002, 02:12 PM

MAGS own YOU
06-28-2002, 02:13 PM

RT_Luver
06-28-2002, 02:15 PM
really shiny...kinda pretty

lopxtc
06-28-2002, 02:21 PM
I like the way they have the hoses positioned on the bottom side instead of the top. I may have to try that setup.

Aaron

einhander619
06-28-2002, 11:46 PM
Wow. If I was gonna get a cocker, it would be that one. But my RT would still bend that thing over and have it's way with it, though...

Bartleby
06-29-2002, 12:19 AM
i like the way the black leather accents the metal on that cocker :D he he, just kidding... nice gun.

InfinatyBPS
06-29-2002, 12:21 AM
Slickness...

just so im not PWing, I seen this on PBN :)

Blennidae
06-29-2002, 01:08 AM
"Peuter SoNiC Cocker.The ownage Machine"

What is "peuter"?
;)

damageinc54
06-29-2002, 02:26 AM
280, 281, 280 over the chrono. That is the beauty of the Gladiator reg. That is a great reg. I had one on my Bushmaster and I loved it!! Very consistent.

OldSchoolMag
06-29-2002, 03:09 AM
Pueter = pewter, I believe. It's a nice color for cockers. Silverish.

OSM

luke
06-29-2002, 07:10 AM
If you email them, you will talk directly to Bourke, a really nice guy that can help solve a lot of problems.

:D

MAGS own YOU
06-29-2002, 11:24 AM
Its actually alot more shiny than that; my camera was just screwing up because my room has different light amounts. if you turn the gun in the light, its a light blue. In the darkness its a silver. In bright light its chrome. Takes about 7 days to get it anno'd like that.

Damage- I have one on my Defiant and I also have a backup. The only thing I dislike about them is they are very sensistive (dirt, shrapnal)