PDA

View Full Version : Late Breaking News!

cphilip
06-28-2002, 02:15 PM
thought this was funny...enjoy...

REMAINING U.S. CEOs MAKE A BREAK FOR IT-- Band of Roving Chief Executives Spotted Miles from Mexican Border
San Antonio, Texas (Rooters) Unwilling to wait for their eventual indictments, the 10,000 remaining CEOs of public U.S. companies made a break for it yesterday, heading for the Mexican border, plundering towns and villages along the way, and writing the entire rampage off as a marketing expense.
"They came into my home, made me pay for my own TV, then double booked the revenues," said Rachel Sanchez of Las Cruces, just north of El Paso. "Right in front of my daughters."
Calling themselves the CEOnistas, the chief executives were first spotted last night along the Rio Grande River near Quemado, where they bought each of the town's 320 residents by borrowing against pension fund gains. By late this morning, the CEOnistas had arbitrarily inflated Quemado's population to 960, and declared a 200 percent profit for the fiscal second quarter.
This morning, the outlaws bought the city of Waco, transferred its underperforming areas to a private partnership, and sent a bill to California for $4.5 billion. Law enforcement officials and disgruntled shareholders riding posse were noticeably frustrated. "First of all, they're very hard to find because they always stand behind their numbers, and the numbers keep shifting," said posse spokesman Dean Levitt. "And every time we yell 'Stop in the name of the shareholders!', they refer us to investor relations. I've been on the phone all damn morning."
"YOU'LL NEVER AUDIT ME ALIVE!" The pursuers said they have had some success, however, by preying on a common executive weakness.
"Last night we caught about 24 of them by disguising one of our female officers as a CNBC anchor," said U.S. Border Patrol spokesperson Janet Lewis. "It was like moths to a flame."
Also, teams of agents have been using high-powered listening devices to scan the plains for telltale sounds of the CEOnistas. "Most of the time we just hear leaves rustling or cattle flicking their tails," said Lewis, "but occasionally we'll pick up someone saying, 'I was totally out of the loop on that.'"
Among former and current CEOs apprehended with this method were Computer Associates' Sanjay Kumar, Adelphia's John Rigas, Enron's Ken Lay, Joseph Nacchio of Qwest, Joseph Berardino of Arthur Andersen, and every Global Crossing CEO since 1997. ImClone Systems' Sam Waksal and Dennis Kozlowski of Tyco were not allowed to join the CEOnistas as they have already been indicted.
So far, about 50 chief executives have been captured, including Martha Stewart, who was detained south of El Paso where she had cut through a barbed wire fence at the Zaragosa border crossing off Highway 375. "She would have gotten away, but she was stopping motorists to ask for marzipan and food coloring so she could make edible snowman place settings, using the cut pieces of wire for the arms," said Border Patrol officer Jennette Cushing. "We put her in cell No. 7, because the morning sun really adds texture to the stucco walls."
While some stragglers are believed to have successfully crossed into Mexico, Cushing said the bulk of the CEOnistas have holed themselves up at the Alamo. "No, not the fort, the car rental place at the airport," she said. "They're rotating all the tires on the minivans and accounting for each change as a sale.

-Jôker-
06-28-2002, 02:17 PM
i didnt bother to rrad past the 2nd paragraph :rolleyes: what the heck is that

cphilip
06-28-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by -Jôker-
i didnt bother to rrad past the 2nd paragraph :rolleyes: what the heck is that

Well now... thats the very reason you even had to ask is you didn't read it....:rolleyes:

Sometimes Parody excapes people.

ShooterJM
06-28-2002, 02:24 PM
:D

Man I laughed so hard at that my stomach hurts! :D

-Jôker-
06-28-2002, 02:26 PM
i lost interest :p

wyn1370
06-28-2002, 02:26 PM
good stuff. gotta wonder who's gonna get hit next. on a side note the women of enron came in on thursday. leave it to playboy to make money off of everyone else loosing it.

cphilip
06-28-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by -Jôker-
i lost interest :p

Ok tell ya what... my next one will be taken from a comic book! Deal? ;)

-Jôker-
06-28-2002, 02:35 PM
not funny! :rolleyes: i dont read comics i eread this forum (i dont know which would be worse though) i hate business lol soooorrry

RT_Luver
06-28-2002, 02:50 PM
that thing was TOO long. I got half way through it and was like "forget this":D

Will Wood
06-28-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by RT_Luver
that thing was TOO long. I got half way through it and was like "forget this":D \

I stoped when I saw "CEOS"..

Army
06-28-2002, 03:08 PM
Ahh, high quality intellectual, sans pictures, humor is wasted on the youth.

SqueegeeKid
06-28-2002, 03:37 PM
You were right cphilip, that was funny.

Mav D MagMan
06-28-2002, 03:55 PM
Hey I enjoyed it much, and I'm a youth, so some of it wasn't wasted I found it highly entertaining.

Although it may have been more intertaining if it wasn't sans pictures ;) The image of Martha Stewart cutting through barbed wire with a pile of half completed snowmen behind her would have made that peice memorable.

Mav

J
06-28-2002, 07:30 PM
i lost interest

yeah, me too...

oldsoldier
06-28-2002, 07:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!! I work for Tyco too! That makes it even funnier! Well, hopefully I still have a job when I get back....
By the way, where did you pick this up? Man, I really need to email this to ppl...

TooDamnSweet
06-29-2002, 01:28 AM
That was funny!!!

FutureMagOwner
06-29-2002, 03:56 PM
AHAHAHAAHA!

thats great i accualy read the whole thing

CEOnistas LOL!

irbodden
06-29-2002, 08:57 PM
Mean a group of CFOs were caught escaping?

xmetal2001
06-29-2002, 09:29 PM
the CEOnistas had arbitrarily inflated Quemado's population to 960, and declared a 200 percent profit for the fiscal second quarter.
^
I got that far, im proud.