PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with my revvy?

the jackal
06-28-2002, 03:23 PM
For some reason my revvy seems to drain batteries all the sudden. Last time I played I put two brand new duracells in my revvy and they were nearly dead when I stopped playing (about 4 hours). I thought it was just a bad pack of batteries or my new warp was working the revvy harder but just last night I put two brand new energizer e2 in the revvy and laid it on my desk; two hours later the low battery light is blinking and the revvy had been turned off the whole time. I can't afford this many batteries! what's going on?

drx975
06-28-2002, 04:19 PM
I dunno, but I say throw it against a sharp rock then blow torch it. Then go get a ricochet and save yourself some time and money (5000 shots per 9v, yes that is one 9v).

the jackal
06-28-2002, 04:22 PM
sounds like a plan.

FrAuStY
06-29-2002, 12:44 PM
I'd check the continuity between the battery posts (with no batteries in it of course) With the switch turned off this should be infinite resistance meaning the circuit is open, which it should be. If you get anything less than 10 ohms with the switch turned off.. theres a short somewhere in the circuitry. Meaning.. buy an x-board for $20! If you check that on both sets of battery posts. And both come back infinite resistance, turn the switch to the on position and check it again. With the switch on there should be 0 resistance maybe a few ohms for the ciruitry (maybe 10ohms or less) Personally I'd just buy an x-board and get rid of that stock board.

AFTERMARKET PARTS.....cuz STOCK sucks! (`cept for AGD ;))