PDA

View Full Version : Help with mag to RT conversion

dantrug
06-28-2002, 11:09 PM
Hi, I'm trying to convert my classic mag to an RT but I need some help. I'm doing this because I got a really cool RT smear annodized rt kit from AGD(some of you may have seen it under the Attic on the AGD store) and want to put that on my gun. Some one told me that I would have to replace alot of stuff. Could anyone help me and tell what to replace? I know it will be expensive but the kit looks soooooo cool. Thanks a lot.

FreshmanBob
06-29-2002, 11:57 AM
i hate to tell you bud but those smear mag bodys are only for the RT's. You'd have to buy an RT to use them (im not sure if they're for RT pros or the older RTs)

silent bob
06-29-2002, 06:42 PM
they are for older rt's only.

SqueegeeKid
06-30-2002, 12:08 AM
Duct tape, sand paper and a dremel can fix any problem in life.

I bet with a little tinkering you could get it working.

codeJockey
06-30-2002, 05:52 PM
Don't take this for gospel, but I have read that old-school RT frames only differ from normal Mag frames in that the RT body's frame nut (the one welded onto the body) is smaller than that on a Mag body (and it's round). I'm thinking that you may me OK, but the body may wiggle a bit on the rail & need a little extra attention...

mykroft
07-01-2002, 10:38 PM
Well, your're frame only needs the quick-strip screw drilled out, but just about everything else must be replaced. Your best bet is to buy a used RT and convert it, otherwise you need:

A new Valve, Hardline fittings, banjo bolt, pretty much everything on the gun apart from frame, grip & trigger, that doesn't come with the smear kit. The Valves are not compatible.