PDA

View Full Version : External battery for 12v Revy

codeJockey
06-29-2002, 07:43 AM
If I were to run an external 12 battery pack to my 12v Revy, instead of using the normal 2 9v batteries, will the Revy still work? I am wondering if the internal voltage regulator of the Revy needs the input voltage to be greater than 12v...? Maybe I'd have to bypass the voltage reg on the Revy board?

FrAuStY
06-29-2002, 09:19 AM
I'd leave the internal reg. If it doesn't work right...then bypass it. I believe you will still get some "noise" from the 12v rechargeable so the reg/filter will be there to clean up the input voltage. You thinking about running a halo/warp aren't ya? Just asking cuz your other past asked about the halo a and halo b. Good luck :)

codeJockey
06-30-2002, 06:07 AM
Well, I went for it. I picked up a 8 AA battery case and attached 2 lengths of wire with 1/8" mono plugs at the ends. I then wired up 1/8" mono sockets to the power inputs of both the warp and the revy (drilled & installed into appropriate places). Plug the warp $ revy into the external power supply and Wow... Feel the power of 12v. ;)

Only 2 issues:
I've got to find a better way of attaching the battery pack to my mag. Right now I've got it inside a barrel condom, resting over the warp arm w/the elastic going around the revy. It works, but it's not very pretty...

Also, w/only 12v coming into the voltage reg instead of 18v, the 'battery' light on the revy stays on permanently. I can live with that one...