PDA

View Full Version : E-mag trigger question

RT_Luver
06-29-2002, 02:53 PM
I'm wondering about what the setup for an e-mag trigger would be for it to be VERY short, but crisp also. I dont really want it to be mushy like most electro triggers are. can ya'll help me. I want it to be as short as possible but feel strong or something like that. ya'll know what I mean? thanks

Load SM5
06-29-2002, 03:23 PM
Well, you can adjust the trigger travel to be very short but add magnets to make the trigger snappier. 3 magnets should be plenty.

RT_Luver
06-29-2002, 04:11 PM
are you sayin use 3 magnets all together or use three in the grip itself? is so, how many should I put in the trigger to make it as short as possible too?

Load SM5
06-29-2002, 06:08 PM
Lessee if I can make this make sense...

The trigger has the one magnet. This is adjusted to effect when the Hall Effect Sensor in the grip senses the trigger and fires the gun. Too far out and the Sensor never picks it up, too far in and the sensor always picks it up and the board does'nt operate right (the LED will look scrambled).

There is a screw in the selector switch (you see it with the grip off or the rail and the gun switched to manual) This controls how far the trigger travels You can crank it down so the the trigger can't move at all.

These 2 areas of adjustment are the key and take a little bit of playing to get the trigger you want. You want to adjust the trigger to get the length of travel you want and then adjust the trigger magnet to make sure the Sensor picks the trigger up. You can can tell if you have it right by plugging the battery up and pulling the trigger. If the shot counter picks it up then your good. If not, the sensor is'nt picking up the trigger magnet, and you need to adjust it out farther. If the LED looks scrambled or is'nt even showing a display the magnet is too close and needs to be unscrewed a bit. Fine tune everything until the trigger counter picks up your shots reliably (fire 20 times rapidly and make sure the counter picks up 20 shots).

Whew...

Now, the stack of magnets in the frame above the trigger control the stiffness of the trigger and the quickness of the trigger return. The more magnets the crisper the trigger. Mine came with 2 magnets and makes for a fairly snappy trigger but you may want more. Try ordering some more magnets and seeing if that makes the trigger as snappy as you like. Hope this explains it for you.

RT_Luver
06-29-2002, 06:35 PM
If I understand it right, that helps A LOT. the wayi got it is,that their is a screw in the switch that changes the gun from electro to manual, and the tighter it is, the less the shorter the trigger pull is, and it canbe so tight, that the trigger wont move. the trigger has a magnet in it, that you adjust the strength of. the way this is, is that the further out basically, the stronger the signal is. the further in it is in the trigger the weaker the signal is. you need to adjust this just right so that the the board isn't gettin a signal to fire all the time or B4 the trigger completes its pull, but you also have to get it to where it gives teh sensor the signal to shoot. am i right so far? and FINALLY(this is a lot to have to understand, but atleast I have a reason to need to understand it:D ) to adjust how stiff the trigger pull is and how fast it comes back is, there is a stack of magnets right above the top of the trigger that the more their are, the stiffer it is and the faster it comes back. is this right? I sure hope so...ALSO, is there a magnet in the top of the trigger that the magnets in the frame attract or do they just attract the trigger itself? Thanks Load, you've been a BIG help

Load SM5
06-29-2002, 06:42 PM
Sounds about right. The magnets in the stack are attracted to a magnet glued into the top of the trigger. You don't see it unless you pull the trigger out.

Good to have an excuss to know, eh?;)

RTMAGBOY13
06-29-2002, 08:07 PM
WOW :eek: