PDA

View Full Version : AO meet on the 29th at FOTR was great!

ttoad4000t
06-29-2002, 05:29 PM
I just wanted to say i think it was a success, other than i think we expected 27 people? but only 8 showed up. I think one wooden spoon and Cap. got some pics, It was a great day, especially when it was 1 vs 8 during a spedball game, and cap was the only one left, she kicked *** on that field, got 5 or more people out (i sorta lost count) we should defiantly do this again, i know i would go to pevs or something, other than the spectators telling the players where everyone was (that rule was screwed up), it was a great day.

-Toad

TXStorm
06-29-2002, 07:23 PM
agreed, it was a great day of paintball. but the refs and owner really started to piss me off, they let all the dead people talk to the players on the sidelines, and tell them when to shoot and whatnot... and yes capo was amazing. it was down to 1vs8 and clare took out 5 before she was hit. they all came up the sides and she would take someone out on one side then switch to another. she took out 2 while they we're shooting at her. then they got the guts to start moving up and "rush" and she gogged two that rushed her and lit up another. then two came at the same time on opposite ends and the bastard shot her 5 times IN THE BACK*wishes there was a Super Angry smiley face* all in all it was fun, but i will never go back to that field. capo got some nice pics and so did One Wooden Spoon(he also got an 8-minute video of our last speedball game that he should be posting on the net sometime soon) so we will give all you people some nice pics. we should try to set up a Texas AO Meet and Greet again at petty's sometime at the end of next month or early august, that would be awesome. i am also proud to say i had only 1 break(it was weird, half-break half-chop) today in my mag. it broke and got stuck on the end of my bolt so i had to call myself out, but luckily it didnt get all in the powerfeed.

Sir Chopsalot
06-29-2002, 07:25 PM
Storm what all was goin on with your mag and the whole not working thing?

TXStorm
06-29-2002, 08:50 PM
ahhhhhh. the on/off pin is old and it messed up once. i was playing my 2nd woods game and the on/off pin got stuck, so the gun wouldnt shoot. i just took the valve apart and sanded the pin down a bit and it worked fine. the other time it "messed up" was when i broke a ball and the shell got stuck on the face of the bolt, and the bolt got stuck and it let all my air out. other than that everything was great, i just consider those minor problems. everyone elses mag work good today?

Sir Chopsalot
06-29-2002, 09:19 PM
well i myself did something amazing today. I DIDNT CHOP ONCE! NOT ONCE. oh im happy i usually chop many o times each day but this is the first time ever i havent

Havoc_online
06-29-2002, 09:24 PM
it was fun playing with some fellow AOer's however that field needs new management and even fields. I had a little "talk" with the refs and owner about the dumb rules and bad calls, there was a lot of wiping and wasted time but the field time was still a lot of fun. In the beginning of the day my warp was giving me trouble so I took it off so I wouldnt have to sit out anything and played without it, after that I averaged about 3-6 kills a game which was alright by me:) Capo made me proud and really shined, I bet she will be the talk of that field for a few weekends...:cool:. All in all when the AO guys were all on the same team we mopped the floor with the angel users(hehe, I don't know, I saw a lot of ir3's) which made my day.

Clare
06-29-2002, 09:50 PM
the bastard shot her 5 times IN THE BACK*wishes there was a Super Angry smiley face*

don't worry, I had a super angry smiley face when it happened, hehe :) jk.
I am happy that I got to meet some AO'ers, they are all very cool guys! It should be a lot of fun the next time as well. :)

I especially like the part where TXStorm shot me in the back as I was walking off the field after I called myself out! hehe

As for the refs and the field rules, they suck!

I wanted to get more pics of everyone but either they left early or when I'd see them I didn't have my camera

here's a pic of some of the AO'ers (I only have a few pics, One Wooden Spoon took the majority of the actual pictures on the field)
TXStorm, One Wooden Spoon, CRiZO, Havoc_online, and me in front

Clare
06-29-2002, 09:52 PM
an "action" shot of One Wooden Spoon, right before he rolled over the other side

Clare
06-29-2002, 09:57 PM
:D

ttoad4000t
06-29-2002, 10:02 PM
yes...i left and they started takeing pictures....i wonder if thats a sign :D :rolleyes:

Clare
06-29-2002, 10:07 PM
yes...i left and they started takeing pictures....i wonder if thats a sign
I didn't start taking pictures until the end..when I realized that I didn't have any :p I still didn't get too many..Spoon is the one who got a lot plus video.

magking1971
06-29-2002, 10:11 PM
LOOK OUT TRACTOR BEHIND YOU!! RUN!!:)
Looks fun guys wish I was there:(

Clare
06-29-2002, 10:15 PM
:)

TXStorm
06-29-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by magking1971
LOOK OUT TRACTOR BEHIND YOU!! RUN!!:)
Looks fun guys wish I was there:(

ahahahahah, good one! i dont like those pictures :( all of them make me look like an idiot. :o

Sir Chopsalot
06-29-2002, 10:22 PM
id just like to clarify. not many people saw me today, i was feeling sick and heat didnt make it any better so i sat there dying....so yea and i just had a dr pepper red fusion, could someone explain to me what the difference is between this and regular dr pepper?

Clare
06-29-2002, 10:39 PM
I have many other pictures, but they're all practically the same thing and a whole bunch where NO ONE is ever looking at the camera after I specifically say to do so! yes you know who you are :p

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-29-2002, 10:47 PM
I wwwwwiiiiiisssshhhhh i coulda been there with you guys!!!

Now I'm angry at myself....even though it wasn't my fault I couldn't go :(. Maybe next time...:( I hope

RT_Luver
06-30-2002, 08:59 AM
I wanna go to summa these but I live to frgin far AWAY...aint none of these things near the tip of TN

Clare
06-30-2002, 11:30 AM
We're going to have another one but in Austin at petty's..in the next month or so...:D

www.pettypb.com

Sir Chopsalot
06-30-2002, 11:40 AM
If I can get down to austin I'll go.......but the whole ride thing

ttoad4000t
06-30-2002, 11:50 AM
i already got it on mapquest, give us a date, i might be able to take a few people...

CRiZO
06-30-2002, 12:46 PM
Yeah it was pretty awesome, it got better as the day went along. As for that whole coaching allowed thing, I think FOTR got a taste of their own medicine when we started doing it. Some guy with a big ego attempted to bunker One Wooden Spoon, but due to the screaming of capo and I, that guy just got shot a lot and was totally bitter about it, after he was hit about 1209158019 times, he kept on shooting at spoons, but his aim was horrible and shot the ground 50 times walking his trigger and landed about 2 on spoons leg, which didn't even break. I was yelling at the guy to stop shooting and he looks over at the netting and is all "who's talking sh*t? Come on!" so I just raised my hand and waved at the guy. Havoc is right, when the AO'ers got together on a team, we tore those guys up, we made a really good team. In one game it was pretty much a snap shooting stalemate between Havoc and I, which I thought was never gonna end (and it didn't). Capo was totally tearing it up, like previously mentioned. Overall the whole AO group impressed spoons and I, everyone was a fair player and a really cool person, and we can't wait to do it again. BTW, havoc or capo, do ya have AIM or something? your offer to come down their is too good to pass up :cool:

P.S. I just now woke up... so spoons and I should have the pics up sometime soon, I'll make a new topic outta it.

Havoc_online
06-30-2002, 02:21 PM
The funny thing about that coaching from the sideline rule is that the first game they were doing it, Myself and one other guy were up against 3-4 ppl and They were getting coached, someone tried telling me where everyone was at and I told them to be quiet(I did'nt think it was fair) we still won that game and after finding out about the whole coaching rule, we gave it to them pretty bad...:)

Clare
06-30-2002, 03:50 PM
couple more pics

Clare
06-30-2002, 03:51 PM
:D

oldsoldier
06-30-2002, 04:55 PM
Well, sounds like you guys had a great time. I cant wait for our AO meet in NJ...thats gonna be a great day! Cool pics...looks like you guys had fun.

CRiZO
06-30-2002, 07:26 PM
heh, that one of curtis is really cool

*smacks thread to the top*

Spoons is still at work and his house was locked, so pics will still have to wait longer :(

Havoc_online
06-30-2002, 07:53 PM
I wanna see pics!:) post em on this thread when you get em!:)

TXStorm
06-30-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
I wanna see pics!:) post em on this thread when you get em!:)

same for me.

if david cant find web space to host that video lmk and Duck Hunt will probably be able to, he was going to bring his digi cam and host a video but he forgot. what time does david get off work?

One Wooden Spoon
06-30-2002, 10:59 PM
I got off about an hour ago (10pm)... I'll post up the video some time tomorrow, but for not I'll just smack down some pictures to please the masses.

*Note - these pictures will get some photo editing done (bring out the colors and what not) when we post them up on CRiZO's site, but for now I'm just going to let them flow as is.

Spoons

This is CRiZO, stylishly (spelling?) walking the field... Yes, us AOer's added some pizzaz to the monotany.

One Wooden Spoon
06-30-2002, 11:08 PM
Check out CRiZO's tight form.
*Disclaimer - Supair bunkers are not to be used as air matresses.

Spoons

One Wooden Spoon
06-30-2002, 11:11 PM
Leanage...

One Wooden Spoon
06-30-2002, 11:17 PM
Sorry about me being lazy and not compressing the images.. so for all of you 56ker's out there, I apologize.

Spoons

One Wooden Spoon
06-30-2002, 11:21 PM
While I may of taken the most pictures... I wasn't very proud of any of them. However, next time I'll be sure to get in some quality shots.

Spoons

One Wooden Spoon
06-30-2002, 11:23 PM
CRiZO sittin' pretty.

One Wooden Spoon
06-30-2002, 11:27 PM
I just like picking on the refs, no offense to anyone.

Spoons

One Wooden Spoon
06-30-2002, 11:32 PM
For everyones information.. I was having some trouble with my Maxflow (I usually shot a custom Impulse), so I had to resort to using some sort of wacky contraption... I ended up playing the enitre day with an old Scorpion, I used my hyperflo as a foregrip (ran it straight down out of the marker), and then slapped my revy on top. Needless to say I looked like a dork, and didn't have my game on.. but paintball makes everything gravy :D .

Spoons

One Wooden Spoon
06-30-2002, 11:41 PM
It's just such an akward piece of euipment... (the Scorpion)

One Wooden Spoon
06-30-2002, 11:44 PM
That's all for now, I'll probably post some more later, as well as get the video uploaded somewhere.

Spoons

Havoc_online
07-01-2002, 03:08 AM
cool pics, wish we could have gotten more games in...

One Wooden Spoon
07-01-2002, 04:48 AM
No kidding, I felt like we hardly played (I didn't use more then 600 rounds!). But next time (down in Austin :)) I plan on taking a lot more pictures, and hopefully get the video camera setup as well. (I forgot about my camera until the end of the day on Saturday)

Spoons

CRiZO
07-01-2002, 10:41 AM
someone wanna send me everything now?

Clare
07-01-2002, 12:29 PM
someone wanna send me everything now?

spoon have should everything now, I sent him all the pics I had taken

ShooterJM
07-01-2002, 02:38 PM
Seeing as all you texas people are right here....

Couple friends want me to move down to texas. Specifically Austin or San Antonio. Are there really any bad areas (that are in the burbs)? Good communities (gated or not)? Thanks.

Havoc_online
07-01-2002, 03:59 PM
pm me with your budget and what you would be coming for(i.e. school, work, etc.) I'll tell you where the good places to live are:) (if you want;) )

land hurricane
07-01-2002, 05:14 PM
Man, wish i lived in texas. looks like yall had a blast.

DuBri
07-01-2002, 09:39 PM
I was there but i didnt stay long enough to get in the pictures. I had the huge *** pistol, palmer squall, which proved uterly useless in the intense heat. I also used a red works cocker with a bunch of stuff on it and freakin havoc online was always giving me a hard time on the field. I left early but, since i wasnt following spoon and crizo on the way back as on the way there, i got lost for 3 hours. I needed their mad navigating skillz it seems. Oh well I'm up for austin sometime, this time im riding with them if possible. Oh yea I didnt congregate much as I was on the verge of colapsing. Warped tour all day friday and no sleep between that and paintball. Oh well it was great.

TXStorm
07-01-2002, 10:38 PM
LOL! that was you DuBri, the one wearing that button-up shirt? you remember on the first game we played on the wooded field that was on the hillside. near the end of the game you and your teammate were crouching shooting into the woods when a guy came up the tape in that passage-way and lit ya up? that was me:cool: :rolleyes:

DuBri
07-01-2002, 10:48 PM
Yea squall doesnt like 100 degrees with high humidity, actually its the paint that doesnt like it. But then the paint has a little disagreement with the springfeed and...... Yea after that first game i realized that if i didnt bust out the big gun I'd be getting plastered like that all day.

Clare
07-01-2002, 11:40 PM
I can't say that I remember Dubri :(
You should have come up to our table and said Hi!!

Duck Hunt -xi-
07-02-2002, 12:02 AM
err i left to early, no pictures of me :( sigh , well i was the one hangin round with my friend and my excited dad, i was wearing dye blue jersey, dy epants, dye blue gloves, and dye yellow invision

One Wooden Spoon
07-02-2002, 12:07 AM
Yeah.. way for me to forget about the cameras until the end of the day. Aw well, when we all go to Petty's I'll be sure to take some shots at various points in the day.

Spoons

Havoc_online
07-02-2002, 05:21 AM
freakin havoc online was always giving me a hard time on the field I just want to make sure, you don't mean I was rude right? I don't want to leave on bad terms, just want to make sure you meant playing?(I had to many run-ins with players and refs that got to me that day...);)

DuBri
07-02-2002, 12:41 PM
Hey havoc online, i meen that in a good way. As in on the field, when you were on the other team at least, you really gave me a hard time. Yea so you played real good. As for the refs at that field, damn. They sucked pretty bad. I think the first speedball game of the day, I was the last person left. A guy moved to bunker me and I swear I shot him first, but of course he went ahead and unloaded so rather than make a call, the ref just called us both out. I guess by the time he quit looking at the ground and all the pretty grass we both had paint on ourselves.

DuBri
07-02-2002, 12:45 PM
Oh yea txstorm, its funny. People always remember me as the guy wearing the button up shirt or the guy wearing shorts. What I wonder is why more people dont dress casual like me? It really throws off the opposition. I think I'll go back out to FOTR and get some pictures of myself, button up shirt and all, and then wooden can post them and we'll just pretend those where the ones from when i was there.

Havoc_online
07-02-2002, 12:49 PM
ah it's all good, the first two speedball games of the day, I couldnt even fire cause of my warp, all I did was draw fire. :)

Clare
07-02-2002, 03:48 PM
I also had problems the first couple games which I thought was related to the warp but it ended up not being that.. I played the least out of everyone there!

ttoad4000t
07-02-2002, 10:22 PM
for the curious mind...yes...that water tower does say "Ransom Park" :confused:

hostage
07-02-2002, 10:28 PM
where did this take place?
-Hostage

TXStorm
07-02-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by ttoad4000t
for the curious mind...yes...that water tower does say "Ransom Park" :confused:

no it doesnt... it says Sansom Park. lol if i lived near Ransom Park i would NEVER go anywhere near it...

hostage- that field is in Fort Worth, just west of downtown.

hostage
07-02-2002, 11:10 PM
cool i am in Tyler, a friend told me some mag peeps were going to dallas. (wasn't sure if this was the group) Well if anyone wants to come play at CrossFire SPorts in Tyler let me know. Some really cool peeps work there. mb i could arrange for the free air and free field.
-Hostage

BTW another AO user is from Tyler, just met him, he is cool dude.

TXStorm
07-02-2002, 11:12 PM
hostage- we should have another AO meet coming up in Austin in another month or two, you should come.

Clare
07-03-2002, 11:08 AM
hostage...in case you didn't see it...the field we'll be at next time is at this site (http://www.pettypb.com)

ttoad4000t
07-03-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by TXStorm

no it doesnt... it says Sansom Park. lol if i lived near Ransom Park i would NEVER go anywhere near it...

yes, we know, the thread was at the bottom of the second page, and i couldnt think of anything to say...

when will we be able to get that speedball vid?

TXStorm
07-03-2002, 02:22 PM
lol, most everyone that came last saturday has it. spoons should be putting it up on the net sometime soon... i think he also sent it to duck hunt for him to host it so i will try to get a URL...