PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME!!!! fast help needed

Cliffio
06-30-2002, 12:49 AM
ok stupid me wasnt thinking when i got home from work, i threw my pants into the wash machine since i gotta wear em tomorrow as well. anyways, when i took em out i noticed that there was a bulge in one of the pockets, i lift it up and my stomache dropped, i left my $300 cell phone in my pocket, now there is a way that i can get another one for free BUT there is fogging in the caller-id box that has to come out first, its sitting on a fan right now, any ideas on how i can get it out of there? will it go away?
i can take a pic if you dont know what im talking about

thanks alot guys

Cliff

xmetal2001
06-30-2002, 01:17 AM
Its should go away eventually.

Its good that your getting rid of the moisture, i dont think they would replace it knowing you washed it.

TransMan
06-30-2002, 01:25 AM
depends on what kind of warantee you got one of my friends cell phones got thrown in a fire and they replaced it

TigerMan
06-30-2002, 02:08 AM
Just let it air out, will clear out sooner or later.

oldsoldier
06-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Hehehe...thats why us men shouldnt do laundry...we forget to check pockets!

dave_p
06-30-2002, 06:50 PM
my handspring visor took a bath the other day. i disassembled it and let it dry out completely and put it back together. it works fine now. of course the washing machine adds physical shock into the equation, but you may get lucky.

RT_Luver
06-30-2002, 07:08 PM
we were at the beach one timeand we went parasailing(dont worry, this is on subject) and on our way back, out jet ski tipped and my sisters boyfriends phone got SOAKED adn it didn't work anymore and the company wouldn't even replace it...scundrels.....anyways, he has a really cool one now

bornl33t
07-01-2002, 01:31 AM
I have a nokia 8260... it's not a cheap phone.. but I have inshurance on it.. for 35$ I can a new one... reguardless if I lost it... drove my car over it... whatever

as for your phone.. washing it won't neccisarily kill it... as long as you didn't try and power it up while it was wet..
open the chassis on the phone and leave it sitting somewhere for a few hours .. over night.. put it back together and it might actually work... I washed a phone once too... :D

boggerman
07-01-2002, 02:50 AM
You know those little desicant(sp?) packs that are shipped in packages to absorb moisture? The little ones that say "DO NOT EAT". If you can find one of those laying around, try placing it near a point where the moisture can escape, like the mic or speaker holes. Good luck with your phone.

ShooterJM
07-01-2002, 11:17 AM
Throw it in a room with a DEhumidifier. Should work.