PDA

View Full Version : revvie conversion

odin99
06-30-2002, 09:13 AM
I was wondering if there was any way it is possible to convert a 9 volt revvie to a 12 volt. Or would it be better to just get an X-board? If the conversion is possible, what would I need to do? My retro valve is on its way to my greedy little hands, and I don't want to buy a new hopper. Most of the time, I can already outshoot the 9 volt. Any input would be helpful.

Load SM5
06-30-2002, 10:41 AM
I've never looked into it but a guy at my field said you can switch a 9 volt over with a new 12 volt board. You could also check with Wicked Air Sports to see if their 9 volt Turborev conversion kit is still around. They're much faster than an x-board. You'll also want to get a new impellar to replace the 2 prong 9 volt one. Again WAS makes the evil impellar and it works great.

personman
06-30-2002, 10:45 AM
I'm sure if you bought a 12v board from
http://www.dropzonepaintball.com
and took out the block it might work
I dunno if the board comes with battery contacts or not though, however you could buy another 9v snap and wire it that way with 2 snaps instead of contacts.

odin99
06-30-2002, 06:26 PM
thanks for the quick response, guys!!

RT_Luver
06-30-2002, 07:34 PM
funny thing yu borught this up. wheh I bought my X-board, my frined only had a 9v, so I sold him my 12v board(he still has a 9v propeller). I now have a WAS turbo board and JMJ impeller and I'm gunna sell him my X-board and 12v propeller. see, its possible to make money outta paintball:D . so they answer is yes. possible, just change out the board in it

jeffaah
07-01-2002, 09:29 PM
you can convert a 9v revvy to a 12v. All you need is a new board and you should change over to the 4 prong paddle