PDA

View Full Version : Where I work!

Army
06-30-2002, 02:24 PM
Here's where I work. This is from at least a year ago, since we have new security lighting that is not in the pic. It's summer, as the normal sun-burnt dirt and plants are in evidence, plus there aren't as many vehicles as normal, there should be at least twice as many M2A2's down there. They are likely out on the range.

The weapons vault is over 24" of steel reinforced, stressed concrete. It alone took as much time to build as that entire U-shaped building. The alarm system is incredible, a mouse walking on the floor will set it off!

clanger
06-30-2002, 02:31 PM
practice blowing stuff up occasionally? ;)

RT_Luver
06-30-2002, 07:26 PM
I wonder if I could find my hosue if I had a pic like that of my city

wingman898
06-30-2002, 07:54 PM
how about...why post this in the first place?

dropkick1
06-30-2002, 08:02 PM
why not? i think thats cool

ken

-Jôker-
06-30-2002, 09:10 PM
i think its cool wingman.... hey Army is there any way you could get some empty 50cal shells? or is that a no no ;) cause i want some for my bullet collection

wingman898
06-30-2002, 09:37 PM
My point is this.....no disrespect to you army.

Every military installation has an aerial picture like that. I know mine certainly does. My comment may have been a little off color so i do appologise for that. It's cool and all.....but.......

HungSolo
06-30-2002, 10:01 PM
Army, where is that? Don't you live in SoCal somewhere? I was guessing ft Irwin, but I thought that was Marines...

Army
06-30-2002, 10:19 PM
Ft Irwin is also known as the National Training Center (NTC). NTC is most definately Army owned and operated. All other branches go out there to train though, it's 1400 square miles so there is plenty of room for all.

You are thinking of the USMC Depot at Yermo. That is just east of Barstow, and is also the railhead for Ft. Irwin.

I'm at Camp Roberts, central Calli, close to the coast. We're right next to Lake Nacimiento, if you've ever heard of that lake.

BTW: I posted this as many members ask me what I do and where I work...so I thought I would show them:cool:

HungSolo
06-30-2002, 10:21 PM
you are right. I was thinking of Yermo... I do know the lake that you are talking about.

muirtach
07-01-2002, 09:09 PM
You're at Camp Bob?!

I go there every now and then for the WWII reenactments. British Airborne Recce.

Army
07-01-2002, 10:19 PM
Cool muirtach! I like watching you guys show up with all your gear and vehicles! It really transports the 'ol post back in time.

We were once coming out of the field when we passed a bunch of "Germans" in a Kubelwaggen going the other way...talk about doing a double take! This was the first year you guys started doing the reenactments, but it wasn't announced much at all. So it was quite a shock to us, like going through a time warp:)

The last gathering, had a contingent of the Queens Own Highlanders, replete with 'Pipes, wafting their soulful music o'er the hills!

Oh SO way cool:D

muirtach
07-01-2002, 10:52 PM
glad to hear you guys enjoy it too.
I've got a great pic of a kubel if you're interested. taken with a period camera even.

paintbattler
07-02-2002, 08:27 PM
lol thats awesome..i wish i had that camera

obsolete898
07-02-2002, 08:33 PM
The weapons vault is over 24" of steel reinforced, stressed concrete. It alone took as much time to build as that entire U-shaped building. The alarm system is incredible, a mouse walking on the floor will set it off!

Childs play:o. One of the most secure "known" location here. Think NORAD only 40 feet closer to hell;).

:cool: Actually it's not that cool.

AllAmericanMag
07-02-2002, 09:14 PM
Ooooooh Army! I wanna come play! :D

paintbattler
07-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by AllAmericanMag
Ooooooh Army! I wanna come play! :D
yea me too..lets race tanks.