PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a used cocker, front reg. advice

Load SM5
06-30-2002, 03:10 PM
I just got a good deal on a used KAPP cocker with a pile of upgrades. It does'nt have a front reg however so I need some advice on one. I found someone selling a slightly used chrome black magic reg for $65 but I want something that will work fairly well with what I'm getting, not something just slapped on. I also want to keep the price reasonable since this is just going to be a back-up gun to my SFL.

Current upgrades, if it helps, are...

Chrome Dye double swing trigger
Chrome Shocktech Front reg
Chrome Shocktech bomb 3-way
Chrome Shocktech ram
Shocktech RAT 3:16 valve
Chrome Kapp back block
Black Shocktech Beavertail
Black Shocktech drop foward
Black Shocktech asa
14 inch boomstick
Dye sticky Grips

Link to a pic:
http://forums.paintballcity.com/attachment2.php?attachmentid=53956&large=1

Thanks guys

Maghappy
06-30-2002, 03:36 PM
u mean inline reg, not front reg that u need advice with ;) well, no questions asked get a MacDev Gladiator. i have nhear nothing but good. although i have heard that after a few rebuils they start to go bad but thats not for a while. also, ans genx reg is good i hear as well. also black magic inline are good as well. but they are new 80 i believe so 65 used sucks heeh. honestly gladiator is your best bet IMO. but black magic regs are good. stay away from angel minireg ;)

hope this helps. LMK

FaSSt
06-30-2002, 03:38 PM
You could not go wrong with an AKA Sidewinder; it's an exceptional low to mid-pressure reg, for around $80-85 in black. Comes in 3 lengths - get the longest one if you plan on using it as a foregrip. Also comes in nickle-plated for $10 more. www.countypaintball.com (http://www.countypaintball.com) is one good place to get it, G3PB is another.

This and the Maxflow are the two best regs out there for traditional applications, IMHO.

The ANS reg is WAY overhyped, and delivers less performance and worse ergonomics for more money.

Gladiators are nice, but watch for dirt intrusion with them.

Rynoboy06
06-30-2002, 03:42 PM
The Air America Messiah, Macdev Gladiator, Aka Sidewinder, Palmer Stabilizer are all sweet regs, and are in no particular order. I'd say go by what you can find at what price and by how you think they look. GenX is popular but adjusting it is a pain and I don't think it lives up to the others here. I don't know about the vertical maxflo regs, the Smartparts tank-regs are excellent. Nice cocker, BTW.

TRIAD
06-30-2002, 04:26 PM
The reg on the STO or a mini angel reg. I've got a mini angel reg and love it.

liigod
06-30-2002, 05:52 PM
boo angel miniregs, wdp regs arent so hot. Get a palmer stabalizer, or a bob long torpedo.

Maghappy
06-30-2002, 06:52 PM
ok miniregs suck. i know that cuz i have one. STAY AWAY!

liigod
06-30-2002, 06:59 PM
hahaha, yes they do.

TRIAD
06-30-2002, 08:58 PM
First of all, if mini angel regs stink why are they on the Freeflow, arguably the best mechanical 'cocker. And why are they made by the company with arguably the best electro (i know emags are good too, so don't flame, i said ARGUABLY)

Rynoboy06
06-30-2002, 09:42 PM
The WDP regs do not recharge anywhere close to how fast some of the others do. AGD has verified this. It's a solid reg, but it's just not on the level with the best.

Ov3rmind
06-30-2002, 10:42 PM
the AKA Sidewinder has been my favorite for a while. Sure it looks a little bland, but it's tough, and it gets the job done WELL (in other words, excellent consistancy). Plus the length options are nice.

Snakebite78
06-30-2002, 10:43 PM
I'll give you that, but i guess don't shoot fast enough to worry about shootdown. This is TRIAD on my bro's name.

Load SM5
06-30-2002, 10:49 PM
Well thanks for all the advice guys. I found a good deal on a chrome Gladiator. I'll post pics of my cool new setup when all the bits make it.