PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag weight

Kevmag
06-30-2002, 06:27 PM
After lugging my marker all over the field, I'm interested in ways to decrease the weight of my E-Mag. My current set up is E-Mag w/ stock barrel, Warp Feed, and 68/3000 Flatline (w/ NW Quick Disconnect).

Where is the weight on this thing coming from anyways? Is it the main body (doesn't feel too heavy when it's removed), the sight rail, the battery, the warp, or the tank (the tank feels pretty light)... Or is it just a combination of all these factors?

liigod
06-30-2002, 06:33 PM
combo

use a light tank, get yourself an all aluminum barrel, if u need to get a zero gravity, take off yoru site rail. If you have to buy an intimidator :-)

Blennidae
06-30-2002, 06:35 PM
It is a combination of things, but the body rail is a big hunk o' metal.

manike
06-30-2002, 06:42 PM
The C&C Body kit with the ULE grip frame and C&C milling would get the weight down considerably... the body alone is 4.25 oz lighter than the standard extreme body but it wouldn't be a cheap way to do it. The stock e-mag grip frame and rail are very solid parts and could be machined lighter if you know someone with the skills.

I think it's just that you have a lot of stuff on your gun (a warp is pretty heavy bit of kit also).

manike

RT_Luver
06-30-2002, 06:54 PM
I just guessed at the weight of an e-mag, with everything on it: site rail, tank, warp, drop, and hopper and I came to a conclusion that it weighs approx. 12.5 pounds. no to bad. I lift alot more when I work out, and a real man wont hurt to carry that around all day

dropkick1
06-30-2002, 07:52 PM
its better than carrying around a 16 pound M-16 A2 all day which is what my brother is doing in basic right now, haha sux to be him. i bet he misses his z-gripped RT. oh well.

ken

oldsoldier
06-30-2002, 08:13 PM
M 16 wighs approx 7.6 lbs...i carry the M203...just over 11 lbs. Different weight distribution though...

jeffremiller
06-30-2002, 08:28 PM
The ULE rail and grip cut a huge amount of weight off the emag. I bought a blue rail and grip last fall at the super tour. I still think my setup is heavy but it's got nice balance so I'll live with it.

If it bothered me too bad... I'd ditch the Angel AIR and get a flatline.

J_

Kevmag
06-30-2002, 08:41 PM
I'm not going to do any milling, that just doesn't seem worth the cost. I seen pix of the C & C Extreme, but what is this "ULE grip frame"?

What I'll most likely do is ditch the site rail and just use the marker as is. I'll wait and see how expensive the Extreme upgrade will cost (and if it will be much lighter) or wait to see if the low rise body is ever release (and ditch the warp and pick up a Halo).

cphilip
06-30-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by RT_Luver
I just guessed at the weight of an e-mag, with everything on it: site rail, tank, warp, drop, and hopper and I came to a conclusion that it weighs approx. 12.5 pounds. no to bad.

Ummm WRONG! heres the facts and I got pictures to prove it...

Emag stock outa the box with site rail and battery as in ready to go with stock barrel on it, Warp installed and ready, 12 volt Revy with 2 9V batteries in it, 68/3000 flatline almost full of air = 9.5 pounds TOTAL

Kevmag
06-30-2002, 08:59 PM
Definately feels more than 9.5lbs... 200rds of paint weigh 1-2lbs tops... Guess I should be hitting the gym.

BTW - What's all this talk about the colored (non-black) E-Mags weighing less then the black ones? Is it a significant amount?

alf
06-30-2002, 10:26 PM
i put mine on the scale, and it comes in at 12.5 lbs...with a 45/88 maxflow and a halo/warp, with a freak...

-alf

RT_Luver
06-30-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by alf
i put mine on the scale, and it comes in at 12.5 lbs...with a 45/88 maxflow and a halo/warp, with a freak...

-alf

thats awesome, I was just guessing and it came out right!!! I maybe a psychic. thats not the only time an odd thing like that has happened. just ask summa my friends. one time me and a couple of my friend s were out "doin stuf" around like 3 in the mornin and outta NO WHERE, I'm like dude, I think we should hide for a minute or two and my friends were like WTF, thats the dumbest thing I ever heard. but as I have said, I have predicted odd thigns B4 and they finally agreed. no later had he just gotten outta site that a cop car came driving VERY slowly down the road. if I had not said that, we woulda been in some big trouble...just kinda makes you wonder:rolleyes: . ANYWAYS I'm with the dude up top...what IS a ULE grip?

davidb
06-30-2002, 11:00 PM
Once, when playing a game a lot like charades in my drama class, this kid walked up to take his turn and I just immediately thought "A Wrinkle in Time". It's a book I read a LONG time ago. Anyway, he gets up there, and makes a symbol for "book". Huh. Then he makes the symbol for "four words". So I figured, what the hey, and said "A Wrinkle in Time". He couldn't believe it, and frankly neither could I. ...And a couple of times I weny to pick up my cell phone and realized that it wasn't ringing, and then it started ringing. Freaks people out when you answer at the first possible second.

Brian68mag
07-01-2002, 12:24 AM
my emag with tank and hopper weighs 8 pounds :/

Schnitzel
07-01-2002, 12:42 AM
Once, when playing a game a lot like charades in my drama class, this kid walked up to take his turn and I just immediately thought "A Wrinkle in Time". It's a book I read a LONG time ago. Anyway, he gets up there, and makes a symbol for "book". Huh. Then he makes the symbol for "four words". So I figured, what the hey, and said "A Wrinkle in Time". He couldn't believe it, and frankly neither could I. ...And a couple of times I weny to pick up my cell phone and realized that it wasn't ringing, and then it started ringing. Freaks people out when you answer at the first possible second.

huh?

davidb
07-01-2002, 01:21 AM
I guess you would have to have read RT_Luver's post. :rolleyes:

Granted, I was way off topic, I just wanted to answer RT's post.

kutter
07-01-2002, 06:45 AM
While flatlines are certainly nice tanks, why tie up the money and extra weight in an adjustable tank if you only use your e-mag in e-mode?

I realize that the weight savings are not much but every little bit helps.

Just a thought.

manike
07-01-2002, 07:06 AM
I would say that the flatline is one of the lightest regs and tank set ups available. It's worth having it over a screw in because of the on/off and adjustability.

manike

cphilip
07-01-2002, 07:23 AM
OK you guys asked for it...your about to see a pict of a fully rigged emag, warp, hopper and flatline 68/3K combo on a digital scale running in at exatly 9.0 pounds. Note that the tank is at 2K and not many balls in the system on this picture. Later filled to 3K and full hopper it was right on 9.5 but I do not have a picture of that. (hope this is not too small for you to make out the 9.0)

manike
07-01-2002, 07:25 AM
Phil, just admit it, you put helium in the tank...

and err the picture is photoshopped, I can clearly see where you removed the mice which were standing on the desk and supporting the gun...

err.. Can you convert it to KG for me, no idea what these pound thingies are ;)

manike

cphilip
07-01-2002, 07:29 AM
hehe... Pounds is money to you I guess...

Hmmm is it not 2.2 pounds per Kilo?

Thing that worries me is the above report of a Hallo and a 88ci tank gaining it up to 3+ more pounds. Man! I am not considering that set up!

Kevmag
07-01-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by kutter
While flatlines are certainly nice tanks, why tie up the money and extra weight in an adjustable tank if you only use your e-mag in e-mode?

I realize that the weight savings are not much but every little bit helps.

Just a thought.

I'm not sure if my Flatline weighs more than the Crossfire screw in I have for my other marker. I bought the flatline with the EMag thinking that 1 company 1 place to service.

Cost-wise, the Flatline is a pretty good deal. For $265, I got an excellent performing, adjustable tank, with drop forward. Comparable, but still a little more expensive than a screw-in 68/4500 plus $30 drop forward.

liigod
07-01-2002, 02:09 PM
THe gound zero intimidator 43.72 ounces. The 2K2 weighs 44.02 ounces. Theres something to aspire to. Im guna weigh my setup l8r.

MagDog68
07-01-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by RT_Luver

thats awesome, I was just guessing and it came out right!!! I maybe a psychic. thats not the only time an odd thing like that has happened. just ask summa my friends. one time me and a couple of my friend s were out "doin stuf" around like 3 in the mornin and outta NO WHERE, I'm like dude, I think we should hide for a minute or two and my friends were like WTF, thats the dumbest thing I ever heard. but as I have said, I have predicted odd thigns B4 and they finally agreed. no later had he just gotten outta site that a cop car came driving VERY slowly down the road. if I had not said that, we woulda been in some big trouble...just kinda makes you wonder:rolleyes: . ANYWAYS I'm with the dude up top...what IS a ULE grip?

I am dummer just for reading this

~Fred

hitech
07-01-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Kevmag
...wait to see if the low rise body is ever release (and ditch the warp and pick up a Halo).

You might want to get on the weight of the Halo first. It's very heavy.

Kevmag
07-01-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by hitech

You might want to get on the weight of the Halo first. It's very heavy.

More than a warp w/ Revy? No way...

Irregardless, I don't want to spend anymore money on PB for a while. I'll make due with what I have. I'll play with my Retro AM when I don't want to carry "the beast". Or maybe experiment with a remote...

marc
07-01-2002, 10:43 PM
If you want to make you gun FEEL lighter, then i would move the battery pack twards the tank. I say feel lighter because all you are doing is moving weight and adding some to attach it, but it does feel quite a bit heavier. If you dont understand that too well when i say feel lighter use this as an example; take a weight and hold it out with your arm extended and then hold it by your chest. Which one FEELS lighter? i know a guy who is trying to make the piece if you are interested.

mykroft
07-01-2002, 11:00 PM
C&C Body, lose the warp, Dynaflow tank (Conquest doesn't have a high enough output).

magman007
07-01-2002, 11:09 PM
my problem with the e-mag is all the weight is in the back, none in the front, sure the pack is heavy, but if you tilt it back, your gonna have a little trouble tiltin it foreward again, why? because the triggerframe (dang hump) and the body rail and the valve are all very heavy! also, all of the colored e-mags, have the ULE or Ultra Light E-mag parts on them, the body rail is milled down more, and so is the triggerframe, the reiggerframe dosnt have that dang darn hump in it, me i love the hump, i just hate the weight it adds.

Kevmag
07-01-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by marc
If you want to make you gun FEEL lighter, then i would move the battery pack twards the tank. I say feel lighter because all you are doing is moving weight and adding some to attach it, but it does feel quite a bit heavier. If you dont understand that too well when i say feel lighter use this as an example; take a weight and hold it out with your arm extended and then hold it by your chest. Which one FEELS lighter? i know a guy who is trying to make the piece if you are interested.

Sounds interesting, post pics when he's done. I'm sure alot of folks on AO would be interested...

Kevin

alf
07-03-2002, 11:21 PM
cphilip...

doesnt seem like the halo would come in at 3 lbs...maybe the scale was off...im gonna re-weigh...

differences: 88/45 maxflo, SS hose (with QDs at both ends), and a slide check, full hopper...and of course the halo...i only have a 9v in the warp...

ill let you guys know the REAL weight this weekend, if my wife will let me out!! :)

-alf

cphilip
07-03-2002, 11:28 PM
No.... your right....not alone I think maybe the bigger tank, Halo and the SS line combined. But that still is a lot. BTW I was using macro line.

magman007
07-03-2002, 11:32 PM
hey phil, you gotta realize, im guessing this guy has a black e-mag, and a black e-mag weighs more than a colored e-mag, there fore be weighing your mag we can saftely add atleast a bound to the weight of the black e-mag. there is so much more on the black e-mag than there is on the colored one. its pretty shocking. also phil are you using a drop? id so what kind?