PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone turning on their lvl 7 mags???

MagDog68
07-01-2002, 05:52 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why half of AOs members are suddenley lambasting the lvl 7s, retros and early E-Mags w/o lvl 10? For years you people have defended the Automag and its capabilities to shoot long strings at high ROF without chops, yet suddenly you all look down on these guns if they don't have lvl 10 - and nobody even has lvl 10 yet!

I am not saying everyone is turning on their trusted old Mags, but I have seen quite a few people suddenly complaining about them. I was just wondering if they were all BSing before?

~Fred

PS I have ordered my lvl 10 kit and I am not knocking it at all. It looks incredible, but I am only putting one in my E-Mag. My lvl 7 is staying just the way it is!

freek133
07-01-2002, 06:59 AM
There were about five mags at central last saturday, including me, and all of our guns shot extremely well, I was really impressed when i was playing mounds, i didnt let off the trigger, no chops, no breaks down the barrel. I am getting the lvl 10 for it though (just to be on the safe side). But I wouldnt put someones gun down just because they didnt have it though.

kutter
07-01-2002, 07:13 AM
I would not say that people are putting down the earlier generation mags, its just that with level 10 you do not have to be selective about the paint that you shoot.

My Micro and my SFL both shoot darts with most any paint I can get, but I have experienced some problems with very thin or brittle shell paints that my Micro just does not like, I have not had my SFL long enough to know yet.

Frankly I have never worried to much about it in the past, since I tend to be one of those people who 'overshoot'. If I do not hear you call out then I am still pulling the trigger :rolleyes: I see this whole 'overshooting' thing as ridiculous, with the exception of new people that is. We practically force the industry to produce higher rate of fire guns then tournaments deduct points if you hit someone too many times. Am I the only one that sees the absurdity of this?

wyn1370
07-01-2002, 08:50 AM
I for one have had problems with my mag chopping for years. I haven't used it for the last year. I'm hoping lvl 10 will fix mine.

personman
07-01-2002, 08:55 AM
My Mag+Warp combo is awesome!
I love the *EDIT* For a senior member to deliberately circumvent the cuss filter, is unacceptable. You have earned a temp ban. Army out of it.
I havent had a break or chop sence I got my warp.
Not even a BREAK!
Its nice.
I'm getting level 10 (hopefully it might come today) because you can never be sure enough. What if you were out on the fields defending mags and your level 7 started breaking paint? Not only that, but I dont own a squeegee :cool: and I want to keep it that way.

than205
07-01-2002, 10:17 AM
I'm sticking with Level 7 till the bugs are worked out of Level 10. I think one of the best advancements the Automag has made in a long while has been the new powerfeed plug.
I just want a marker that I don't have to mess with for now.

Kevmag
07-01-2002, 10:32 AM
I think sticking with the Lvl 7 is a good idea until Lvl 10 is proven. I don't want to get stuck with another Superbolt.

The only problem with chopping I've had was when I loaded a guppy that had dirt (stupid JT speed pods!) in it which jammed my warp feed. I've probably fired 4 cases w/o any chops or breaks.

It should be noted that I play at BYOP fields so I can control the paint I use. If I played at FPO or in tournaments I'd probably pick up the Lvl 10 sooner.

TheTramp
07-01-2002, 10:44 AM
For the most part I'm able to shoot my Retro with no chops but every once in a while I still do. Just about every gun chops at least once in a while (I think we have to all admit this). I'm going to get the level 10 not because I'm having a "problem" with chops but because I want there to simply be NO chance. If it works right, the level 10 Mags will be the only gun out there that simply cannot chop. That's worth $65 to me.

j.t.
07-01-2002, 11:02 AM
I dont have chopping problems with my automag either, but this is because I am selective with the paint I shoot, I NEVER fully open up with my mag because I know my crappy 12 volt cannot keep a steady flow of paint, and there is always the possibility that I short stroke it.

The reason I ordered my level 10 kit is so that I CAN shoot the brittle tourney paint, I CAN really open up when I need to, and I dont have to fear short stroking as much as I do now.

RT_Luver
07-01-2002, 11:46 AM
I didn't have lvl 10 on my RT PRO when I sold it, and I believe it was one of ther GREATEST guns on Earth. If I had it right now, I dont believe it would need lvl 10 but i would get it for that extra protection. once I get my E-mag, I'm not gunna get Lvl 10 until it officially released(anyone know when that is?) adn I'm just gunna do that sanding thte bolt thing TOm came out with a long time ago when he was still working on Lvl 10. that seem ti help ALOT of ppl out

liigod
07-01-2002, 12:34 PM
dude, why not?! these make the likelyhood of choping much much much lower. I know i want one for my mag. Then maybe it will come out of my gearbag for a game or two. But its damn fun on 15 bps full auto with a halo :-)

slushee
07-01-2002, 01:57 PM
i have an automag with a RTPro valve ... playing 2 day a week, i only chop one ball about once a month .. due only to the ammount of adreline pumping though my body eheh.

with the lvl 10, even these will dissappear!!!! I wish my order came out last week, ah well, there's alway's next batch :)

Maus
07-01-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by freek133
There were about five mags at central last saturday, including me, and all of our guns shot extremely well

I disagree :)

The one I brought to central(the mini on co2 with the boomy) was a BUTCHER on paint. Even the slightest misfeed and I saw paint fly out the powerfeed.

It was also *very* inconsistent(260-285-270).

Hey, but when it shot well, it was awesome! But, I'll stick to my F4 for now :)

Will Wood
07-01-2002, 03:45 PM
I'm not getting all for the anti chop---I don't chop much..Maybe 1 per case.

Why did I get it?
The very few chops are are a pain in the butt..right in the PF and I have to take off my hopper and elbow and clean it.

I can say "I have level 10, my mag CAN'T chop...how about your gun?"

FrAuStY
07-01-2002, 04:56 PM
I bought mine for three reasons, none of which had anything to do with the anti-chop feature.
1. Lightened bolt
2. So I could shoot myfinger and it wouldn't hurt like last time!! (jk about last time lol)
3. So I could show people that AGD is truely genius on their design.

With that said.. no chopping would be a bonus..but I don't really have a problem with that. 'Cept when I don't turn my loader on which isn't the bolt design's fault.

FooTemps
07-01-2002, 05:02 PM
I just want lvl 10 so I can show it off at the field! I wanna do that tongue test!

shartley
07-01-2002, 05:14 PM
My RT Pro does not chop either. I stand behind the Level 7. I also stand behind the Level 10 though as well. I may even upgrade to the Level 10 after it is thoroughly tested… but NOT because of the chopping issue, but simply to have the latest upgrade.

MagDog68
07-01-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by shartley
My RT Pro does not chop either. I stand behind the Level 7. I also stand behind the Level 10 though as well. I may even upgrade to the Level 10 after it is thoroughly tested… but NOT because of the chopping issue, but simply to have the latest upgrade.

AHA! Someone admitted to wanting it cause its the latest and greatest! Finally some honesty!

~Fred

rx2
07-01-2002, 08:16 PM
I have only chopped a couple of times, when I forgot to replenish my hopper. But, I still ordered the mod so as to be on the safe side. An ounce of prevention, as they say, is worth a pound of cure (whatever that goes for these days), and with my temper, I don't need to chop in the middle of a game only to get eliminated myself. 60 bucks isn't that much to spend to alleviate aggrivation and anguish.

BTAutoMag
07-01-2002, 08:19 PM
i just recently got a new/old valve... CF01779 made in 1991. i ordered the lvl 10 because i had absolutly no trust in this valve. i also had absolutly no choice but to play with it... 2500 balls later... 1 break!!!!!! i had a lot of confidence and trust with AGD beforew this game now that the valve broke one ball... i am simply amazed and will stay loval for life.

love ya guys
loyal AOer for life

paintbattler
07-01-2002, 09:29 PM
i dont think they are..that havent been bsing either...lvl10 juz makes sure lvl 7-9 mags dont chop

mykroft
07-01-2002, 09:35 PM
I want to go from good, to great. My Mag is a good solid marker, with Level 10, I'm expecting to remove the one weakness it has, it hates crappy paint.