PDA

View Full Version : Micro Body Worth It?

'Mag
07-01-2002, 08:15 PM
I wanna know if you think it would be worth it to sell everything in my signature pic (minus the valve and the air hookup), and get a blue vertical feed micromag body? I'd be selling my barrels and foregrip, too and buy a new cocker threaded barrel and micromag foregrip.

I really like how the micro body looks and I like the balanced feel of the vertical feed. Now that I have a Halo B, blowback isn't an issue and a vertical feed should feed a little faster which I could need with my Hyperframe. I think I'd probably have to add in a hundred or more to change my set-up. What do you guys think, and would it be worth it?

deweasel697
07-01-2002, 08:59 PM
You'll also need a new trigger frame without the ridge if you want it to be compatable with the new micro bodies.

RT_Luver
07-01-2002, 09:07 PM
if you like it better, then go with it

paintbattler
07-01-2002, 09:10 PM
do what u think is best..i like those bodies..i say go for it

mykroft
07-01-2002, 09:39 PM
Nope, wait for Extreme bodies to come out. All teh advantages of the Micro, without the uglification.

'Mag
07-01-2002, 10:12 PM
What ridge isn't on the new micro bodies? Is there any way I could modify my trigger frame to fit? Because I want to use my Hyperframe with the Micromag body. I hope the new body works out.

deweasel697
07-02-2002, 03:23 PM
The ridge I am talking about is on the trigger frame itself. I don't know if it is on the hyper frame but it is on automag benchmark frames. The surface of the trigger frame that contacts the body has to be flat to be compatable, if it isn't you'll have problems.

kutter
07-02-2002, 03:48 PM
The Hyperframe will fit on the Micro. If it fits on a mag, provided its not an RT Pro, then it will fit, but, and this is a big but, I believe the 2000 and later Micro's require the same gripframe as an RT pro, so that may be what deweasel is talking about.

My suggestion would be to try to find a pre-2000 Micro body used, I know its not a vertfeed, but mine feeds plenty fast enough, I doubt it is enough of a difference that you would notice.

Just some thoughts I had.