PDA

View Full Version : Knocking over bunkers

paint magnet
07-02-2002, 08:19 AM
It's a stupid question, but suppose I was to run full speed across the field and kick over some guy's bunker while he was still behind it. Is that legal or not? Where I play not all of the bunkers are anchored into the ground and it would be easy just to push some of them over (without hurting the bunker, of course, and you could stand it right back up) But would that be legal? It might not be a great move, but it would make some good stories!

meanelvis
07-02-2002, 08:25 AM
umm on any field i've ever played, intentional physical contact (the bunker hitting the player as a result of you kicking it down) would get you riding out of there not in your car, but off the steel toe of the field owners' boot. not to mention the personal injury lawsuits you'd face.

as far as air fields go, last time i read the nppl rules you werent allowed to move or modify the bunkers in any way. i'm sure someone knows them a little better than me.

FutureMagOwner
07-02-2002, 08:34 AM
my field has some rules about bunkers i dont know about your though

min are

no altering bunkers
no knoking over bunkers
no running with the bunkers
no pushing bunkers down hills and running behind them.

the same applies to the hyper ball field we got(unless if you unintetionaly knock them over or something) except the running down the hill one(there isnt a hill to run down them with)

V-Viper
07-02-2002, 08:42 AM
yea I remenber one time when a kid picked up a wooden squre bunker and was moving around the feild with it, bumping into trees , funny, but he got yelled at from the refs lol.

shartley
07-02-2002, 09:18 AM
I agree… Paintball is NOT a contact sport.. you want to play full contact, play Football, Rugby, Wrestling, etc.

I was shocked anyone would even ask that question. It would mean that if you were BIG, you could simply run over your opponents and win.. taking down any obstacle you came across (and using them as weapons themselves).

I was going to make a long post about this….. but will not. (you are welcome) Let me only say what a silly and irresponsible idea that was….

Bob Mundon
07-02-2002, 09:25 AM
one of my friends slid into a bunker, but a little to hard, knocked over the bunker, and everyone started shooting at him, and to compound his situation, he also ran out of CO2 at that exact time.

it was hilarious as hell

TheTramp
07-02-2002, 09:32 AM
I think it would be considered a foul (or whatever) unless you did it unintentauly. I saw footage from a pro game where a player tripped over sup air pipe and the bunker he was trying to get behind completely deflated. He got lit up but wasn't penalized for "messing" with the bunker. Of course I don't think you could run up and deflate someone elses bunker so they would have no cover.

MikeCouves
07-02-2002, 10:01 AM
Keep paintball as a non-contact sport only! I am a little midget and that would just make it harder. That's why when I play hockey and rugby it's a tid bit harder.

FeuerFri
07-02-2002, 10:57 AM
knocking a bunker over on top of ppl, on purpose, i think that would be innapropriate. what would u do it there was a loose nail in the bunker and it poped out and went into the guys face or some other place on there body, that'd make a great stoy....how i put someone in the hospital with this awsome idea to knock over there bunker on them

ShooterJM
07-02-2002, 11:08 AM
Actually in regards to inflatable bunkers wasn't there a rule specifically against it in tournies? Think it's called slamming. Running full speed into one side of an inflatable when a guy is tight on the other side. Basically it bounces the other guy out from behind the bunker and usually on his butt. Pretty easy just to lean around and pop him. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

oldsoldier
07-02-2002, 11:11 AM
Shooter, youre right. I dont exactly remember where I read this, but intentionally slamming into a bunker for the purpose of knocking it over onto a player, or, in the case of inflatables, dislodging the player is illegal in tourneys. Not to mention, it is kind of unsportsmanlike.

paint magnet
07-02-2002, 11:11 AM
Sorry, it was a stupid idea. I was just thinking how it would look with some guy standing behind a bunker and it just falls over to the side or something, I didn't mean to say on top of them. I've slid into some bunkers and almost knocked them over before, but that would have been bad if they had fallen all the way over.

ShooterJM
07-02-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
Shooter, youre right. I dont exactly remember where I read this, but intentionally slamming into a bunker for the purpose of knocking it over onto a player, or, in the case of inflatables, dislodging the player is illegal in tourneys. Not to mention, it is kind of unsportsmanlike.

I don't know though, if you had a field full of cool people who all agreed to play that way with pump or stock class it could be sweet! Imagine a giant fully enclosed inflateable field, like those stupid bouncing things at state fairs that kids go in and jump up and down in. That would rule! Hey, no stealing my idea now! The amazing, portable inflate-o-field! heck you could just use the same compressor for the field and fills.... :D

oldsoldier
07-02-2002, 11:25 AM
Man private rules can be anything, as long as they are safe. It would be cool; 2 man teams, and front and back player each, the fronts tryting to dislodge each other for the back man to hit. Hey, I think we just came up with a new game!

ShooterJM
07-02-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by oldsoldier
Man private rules can be anything, as long as they are safe. It would be cool; 2 man teams, and front and back player each, the fronts tryting to dislodge each other for the back man to hit. Hey, I think we just came up with a new game!

I think so! That would be awesome! Fronts get like a sydarm or PT enforcer or something, 12 gram, 10 rounds. Backs get a couple pods. That would be sweet!

**EDIT** : WOOOHOOO and a catchy name! Gentlemen, welcome to the new game.....BUNKERBALL! Chrony at 200 gents.

MagDog68
07-02-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by shartley

I was going to make a long post about this….. but will not. (you are welcome)

LoL!!!

~Fred

Kevmaster
07-02-2002, 11:35 AM
on a similar note, in my tournie series, any attempt to modify a bunker(jumping over it and pushing it, pushing it down, slamming), is illegal and results in a loss of player

krafty
07-02-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by kevmaster
on a similar note, in my tournie series, any attempt to modify a bunker(jumping over it and pushing it, pushing it down, slamming), is illegal and results in a loss of player

I've had similar experiences with tourney rules. If you even tried to push or deform the bunker (airball field) to get a shot you'd be called out.

On a personal note, I'd really like to see someone try to knock over a bunker at the field I play at. The bunkers that are tubes are staked into the ground with big contractor-grade steel stakes, and the other barriers are huge hundreds-of-pounds-each tractor tires. :D You're gonna end up with a hernia!

ShooterJM
07-02-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by krafty

I've had similar experiences with tourney rules. If you even tried to push or deform the bunker (airball field) to get a shot you'd be called out.

On a personal note, I'd really like to see someone try to knock over a bunker at the field I play at. The bunkers that are tubes are staked into the ground with big contractor-grade steel stakes, and the other barriers are huge hundreds-of-pounds-each tractor tires. :D You're gonna end up with a hernia!

Yeah I've slid into bunkers wrong and gotten a facefull of tire/oil drum/whatever. doesn't feel good at all.

Evil Bob
07-02-2002, 04:52 PM
Heh, diving face first into a hardened bunker is not the brightest thing to do, try sliding in feet first next time :)

-Evil Bob

ShooterJM
07-02-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob
Heh, diving face first into a hardened bunker is not the brightest thing to do, try sliding in feet first next time :)

-Evil Bob

Yeah, I drop to me knees lean back and slide in still blazing. I ususally try to angle the slide so I can just lean forward and snap shoot around the corner. Totally read the angle wrong, slid past the first bunker entirely (it was raining and on grass) and kept sliding straight into the other. Wish it was on video bet my back guy was laughin so hard he was cryin.;)

paint magnet
07-02-2002, 05:10 PM
I like the inflatable field idea. Especially since it's so hard to run on those things. Imagine if everyone was tied to a bungie cord, which would reach almost halfway, and everyone wore velcro suits and there were patches of velcro to get stuck on. That would be awesome! Or you could do it with a wet floor. Or strips of netting hanging from the ceiling, then you could see where everyone was!

ShooterJM
07-02-2002, 05:14 PM
heheh you could just do a one on one. Beyond the thunderdome paintball game!

cris8762
07-02-2002, 09:10 PM
uh at the last local 3 man event we were on ultimate air fields and at the captains meeting the said they were allowing "marshmallowing" which is the act of pushing one side of a bunker to force a player on the other side out! it was crazy! i saw it happen once on the 50 flag bunker it was hilarious! but i'd never heard of that before until then, i dunno if it is allowed newhere else because i've never seen it before

paintbattler
07-03-2002, 01:00 AM
lol thats funny..one time rt_luver ran straight into a bunker..i saw him pass me and i heard a great big thud and i knew what had happened..it was hilarious

ShooterJM
07-03-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by cris8762
uh at the last local 3 man event we were on ultimate air fields and at the captains meeting the said they were allowing "marshmallowing" which is the act of pushing one side of a bunker to force a player on the other side out! it was crazy! i saw it happen once on the 50 flag bunker it was hilarious! but i'd never heard of that before until then, i dunno if it is allowed newhere else because i've never seen it before

Yep marshmellowing/slamming same thing.

AngelBoy
07-03-2002, 10:41 AM
The first day we played on a field that we made at our cabin, one of my friends was behind this screen/barrel bunker. I was playin back and I was posted on somebody and all of a sudden his bunker just fell apart. It was pretty funny.

ShooterJM
07-03-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by AngelBoy
The first day we played on a field that we made at our cabin, one of my friends was behind this screen/barrel bunker. I was playin back and I was posted on somebody and all of a sudden his bunker just fell apart. It was pretty funny.

Yeah I was behind an old, rotting piece of plywood once. Had two guys on me just raining paint on my bunker. One of em started hammering the edge and started chiping away at the wood! Sucked. Just sat there trying to snap shoot but angles kept changing because the bunker was getting smaller and holes were popping up all over. Finally just dove out into the open when the closer guy was reloading and popped him. Then proceeded to get lit up by the other guy. At least I made it 1 for 1 though.

TheJester
01-03-2003, 10:05 PM
the feild i play at they are in a residental area, so they have different resrtictions, so you can't bunker some 1 in teh traditional manner, bunkering is done by running up and slapping hte bunker they're behind, some people do kinda jump kick them, but they yell at you if they do so much as toppel a little, it's actually kinda good, you don't have to expose yourself to them, just take cover behind it and yell you're out. seem to remember a time when i saw some 1 running towards me to bunker me, i just ran to the next bunker over, he didn't see me, and when he looked and saw i was gone, but not walking off the feild, he got a mask full of paint :p

on a side note, you know how hard it is to try to catch a bunker that's falling over holding a gun in your hand?

SirOssis
01-03-2003, 10:18 PM
well this happened at a field(during a tourney) that had the older sup air(all connected with black hoses). Well a teammate was in one of those stand up rockets when suddenly it started to lean over and deflate. Look over and the REF is STADNING on the inflate hose. Chalk it up to inexperience? Well thats what the refs claimed. Now this wasn't just some novice team reffing. I've gone to PB stores as far away as TX and when talking with the peeps there they always ask if we practice with this particular team, and my response is always a hell no. Not going to mention the teams name though if I did, a lot of people would say well ya that makes sense.

FalconGuy016
01-03-2003, 10:20 PM
In a woods game I rushed behind a bunker (a large piece of plywood) from the other teams fire, and the thing just fell over, and I just sat there unbelieving :). Amazingly I didnt get out and took cover in a ditch

warpfeedmod
01-04-2003, 10:59 AM
I was at countryclub paintball and slid into one of the sup-air bunkers they got there, thing fell over and caused my teammate to get shot :p

wasn't intentional tho :p

but they do have a rule where if there's people hiding behind a bunker you can run up and pound on the bunker and whoever is behin it is out.

Now if you knock it over I don't think they'd let you get away with that one heh

dropkick1
01-04-2003, 11:03 AM
one day when i went to the field by myself b/c everyone else was working or didn't wanna go, i ran right up the middle of the field in the wood/town area and i was rushing to this piece of plywood b/t 2 trees and i started to slide/slow down coming up to the bunker and slid right into it and knocked it over, as the other team was also shooting at me. so miraculously i didn't get hit and ran back top a bunker that was like 10 feet back, and got out later in the game.

ken