PDA

View Full Version : C&C Dreams...

shartley
07-02-2002, 10:23 AM
I would like to say first that if this is in the wrong forum, could the Moderators move it? I think it could either go in Friendly OR Paintball talk.. tough call….

Okay…. This thread is a takeoff from part of a discussion Manike and I were having in another thread. It was about taking the C&C Body and putting it on a Manual Marker. This is what was posted:

(shartley)

HeeHee! I love that one, Manike! I would still love to see the C&C body on an RT Pro though. I think you would have the best of BOTH worlds. And talk about taking the RTP out on the field and be accused of both being an Electric AND on Full Auto… LOL I can see it now……

I think if you put a body like that on the RTP you would see it’s sales go through the roof. I know I think they would be DEAD SEXY! Here is a quick concept graphic I whipped up over my morning cup of coffee. Of course some things would need to be altered, but it gives a good feel for what it could be… and of course I would add a drop forward, but they don’t come standard with one, so I did not add it….
(picture after text.. keep reading…)

(Manike)

I'm actually working on a body one of which will fit to a manual gun... I was thinking of doing it thusly...

Manual gun with C&C body set and C&C grip frame (but with no electronics) and with an adaptor that goes in place of the battery pack allowing you to add a front grip, (would look very much like your picture...) or you could just have an empty battery pack.

Thus you would have a beautiful manual gun... and then could very easily just upgrade to an e-mag by adding in all necessary gubbins and electrickery...

Wouldn't be cheap but would be a stunning manual gun which would work just like an e-mag in manual... but be lighter and upgradeable...

manike

p.s. You can fit an extreme and z-grip or intelliframe together if you would rather...
(shartley)

I knew that…. Just wanted you to post it.

With that said, yes, a manual version of the C&C would be nice.. using the existing C&C trigger Frame… BUT, I personally don’t like the way the grip feels compaired to the RT Pro frame with DYE Stickies. There is NO comparison to me. But that is a personal thing.

Also, I love the way the RT Pro trigger feels. I would not want to ruin that by going magnetic. I know some like it, and that is fine, but why should someone have to make the choice? How difficult would it be to design a body like that that would simply use the current IntelliFrame and foregrip? (I know this is almost like what you said you were going to do… I just wanted clarification that you would think about doing it BOTH ways.) I think it looks sharper with the Intelliframe and Foregrip, VS the other way.

Just tossing out ideas… should we take this to another thread and not hijack this one?
(manike)

The intelliframe should fit directly onto the C&C body. I'm not sure what you meant about the RT pro body being used...?

The foregrip as it currently will not but the bottom section would and would require an adaptor or modification being made. It would not be hard to mill a hole and recess though to allow a normal type screw to come through the body at the front and hold a foregrip.
(shartley)

HeeHee... I meant the IntelliFrame.. I went and corrected that directly after posting it. (Thought to myself.... "Gee, that is not what I meant to say at all. LOL")
Well…. that was the idea behind this thread….. And here is the picture I posted for the above conversation.
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=368502
Now add to that some pictures from a Thread about a fully adjustable Z-Grip (allows the user to choose what angle the “Z” is…. (picture of Manual Fully Adjustable Z-Grip… NOTE: These are CONCEPT graphics only.) from a LONG time ago…

Ref: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17750

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=149278

OR put that with an Electronic Version of the same Grip….

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=150700

hmmmmm I think that would be one sweet Marker! I am not a huge fan of the Z-Grip, but think it would offer quite the choice for people. IntelliFrame / Z-Grip / Electric Z.

Again, this is all about “what if” and if development costs were not an issue (which they ARE). Disclaimer: This is NOT an official AGD Thread, nor are the potential products shown PLANNED in any way.

Comments/Thoughts?

MikeCouves
07-02-2002, 10:28 AM
Wow I like them all! Where's the trigger on the electro-z? Is it that little piece of metal with holes in it?

shartley
07-02-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by MikeCouves
Wow I like them all! Where's the trigger on the electro-z? Is it that little piece of metal with holes in it?
Yes. I just used that for a different look, but any trigger would work.. it was only a concept. You could even use that same style with the holes but make the front (where the fingers go) curved into a shape like the standard grove trigger.

fearc7
07-02-2002, 10:33 AM
man that C&C RTP is raw. I wonder how much lighter than an C&C Extreem it would be...

Tenks
07-02-2002, 10:42 AM
Wow! I really like the looks of both the Z-Extreme and the CC RTP! If that was ever released I'd cry if I had to throw my old school RT body away, though.

Cristobal
07-02-2002, 10:52 AM
I like the concept of the manual CnC body! As for the foregrip adaptor in the pic, I'm not sure if I am much a fan of that particular design, though this could be partly do to the fact that the whole gun looks kinda ungainly do to the different angles the various parts are at.

The z-grips designs are sweet:eek:

MrShutter
07-02-2002, 11:47 AM
That electric-z looks awesome!

RT_Luver
07-02-2002, 12:09 PM
thats are sweet lookin

FooTemps
07-02-2002, 01:37 PM
Dude... bad idea! We can't have every gun c&c look the same! they have to be different c&c designs so each line of guns looks individual!

shartley
07-02-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Dude... bad idea! We can't have every gun c&c look the same! they have to be different c&c designs so each line of guns looks individual!
Yeah, I understand....

Just like all the other Marker Manufacturers putting in one more mill mark and changing the color and you have a NEW Marker. Of course AGD offers SO many Markers to choose from it could get repetitive... ;) :rolleyes:

But no problem... Like I said, this was just an idea and discussion thread. If you don't like it, you would never be forced to buy it. ;)

magman007
07-03-2002, 11:55 PM
shartly i kno this is a bit of an old thread, but i think your rendition of the cnc rtp is tight. i relly like it and i admire your artistic ability

BTAutoMag
07-04-2002, 12:35 AM
i wanna see the z grip on the C&C... shartly?:D

shartley
07-04-2002, 07:06 AM
magman007
Thank you… it has many flaws, but works for a concept image. Again, thank you.

(note: funny how on AO if a post is more than 24 hours old and drops from the first page of threads, it suddenly becomes “a bit of an old thread”. ;) HeeHee)

BTAutoMag
On the real C&C , or the RTPro C&C? Also, the REAL Z-Grip, or one of the new ones? Let me know, and I will see if I have a couple minutes to whip it up some time.

(Note: Any of the other folks are free to use what was posted to make the images as well.. have fun! Just remember where the prototype concept images came from. ;))

than205
07-04-2002, 08:15 AM
C&C Pro.....
Now I will never be able to sleep at night.
My wife will womder why I have a silly grin all the time.
That's just great, now I'll need therapy.

Now I'm off to kidnap the Tooth Fairy, and hold her ransom till the darn thing gets made.
Bumble-bee tuna!!!!!!

Temo Vryce
07-04-2002, 08:52 AM
Dang Shartely, what do you put in that coffee? Those are some sweet concepts.

[FE]Memnock
07-04-2002, 11:21 AM
BTAutoMag, I just threw this together from shartley's stuff and it looks pretty crappy, but it gives you a general idea. :)

http://www.hickorytech.net/~memnock/XTZ.jpg

BTAutoMag
07-04-2002, 07:15 PM
yea what FE did only less crappy. lets see it montana man:D

speedballbanks
07-24-2002, 07:02 PM
so how about it shartley :D

shartley
07-24-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by speedballbanks
so how about it shartley :D
How about what? ;)