PDA

View Full Version : BOA barrels

Evil Emperor
07-02-2002, 11:44 AM
Hey I was wondering what you guys thought of the BOA barrels. Ravi over at paintballravi.com didnt really like them. But they got good scores over at pbreview. Whats been your experiences with them?

StuDawggie
07-02-2002, 12:11 PM
I've never used a BOA on my mag, but I have however used a Boa on my Tippmann, and I have to say that it was one of the nicer barrels that I put on that gun. (Then again anything is better than a Tippmann Stock Barrel). But I also had a CP Barrel for the Tippy, and the Boa was by far a better barrel on that gun in the way of accuracy, and consistency.

magman007
07-02-2002, 01:05 PM
BOA's are really nice barrels, ask webby bout him, hees had alot of experience with them, there really nice

nuclear zombie
07-03-2002, 01:40 AM
They are a very good barrel , If you are going to get one i'll warn you that they are not easy to get a hold of , best way is to e-mail them.

masterninja
07-03-2002, 05:09 AM
I LOVE my BOA barrel! It's the fourth barrel I've used on my Emag and my favorite. So far I've used A 14" Boomstick, A 14" J&J Ceramic, The Stock barrel, and of course my 10" BOA. I never felt my Emag was shooting as well as it should be until I got the BOA. Here's something a litlle interesting about BOA...Their barrel lengths are not very accurate. I looked at 3 10" barrels that actually measured between a 1/4" - 3/4" longer than 10". My barrel's actual length is 10 3/4".

Webmaster
07-03-2002, 09:51 AM
Im going to let you in on a deep dark secret... Ravi doesnt always really know what hes talking about. Sure - we are all entitled to opinions - but basically because this guy was on of the first people to post a good walk through on how to time a cocker - he suddenly gets a bit more respect than I think hes worth...

Anyway - BOAs in general are great smooth barrels. I own about 5 or 6 of them right now - and use two 10" ones on my emag almost exclusively. They are a bit heavy compared to aluminum barrels - but if you like steel or dong mind the wieght - then they are well worth looking into.

xmetal2001
07-03-2002, 11:22 AM
I have a BOA on my Mag, its great. Little Heavy Though.

Polishpickles451
07-03-2002, 11:33 AM
i use my BOA snakebite for larger paint (bore size on mine is 689) It shoots better then any other barrel in that size, and is very gas efficient due to not too much porting. I recommend one to all my friends, and at tourneis people always ask what kinda barrel that is, and i say it's a BOA and they always ask where they can get one. Kinda hard to find, but very worth it.

MagDog68
07-03-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Webmaster
Im going to let you in on a deep dark secret... Ravi doesnt always really know what hes talking about. Sure - we are all entitled to opinions - but basically because this guy was on of the first people to post a good walk through on how to time a cocker - he suddenly gets a bit more respect than I think hes worth...

Thank God someone had the cajones to tell it like it is! Ravi still bemoans the Mag all the time and I really think he give the Autococker WAY too much credit as the premiere paintball gun.

I wish he would call it "Ravi's Autococker Place" rather than "Ravi's Paintball Place." That title would at least tell you what you’re getting into when you start reading.

~Fred

Spaceman613
07-03-2002, 12:07 PM
Ravi is great for info, but like EVERYTHING on the web, geta second opinion. And some of his thoughts are a little out of date.

But for the cocker timing, he has a very good info-sheet.

As for BOA, very good barrels, but one of mine will not work on my friends fishbone cocker. Every other barrel works fine, but for some reason the BOA just breaks paint... Its odd, but that barrel works great on other cockers. its a fluke.

bornl33t
07-03-2002, 03:45 PM
Out of experiance and science.. when it come to mags .. do the opposite that ravi recomends...I think he's got 2 close calls there with getting something right in his whole article on Mags.

Dunno how he is with cockers... but mags isn't his forte'
I owned a BoA and still have it... even though I have no mag... It's one of my fav barrels

Creative Mayhem
07-04-2002, 11:25 AM
I had a BOA back in the day, but I got sucked in by the hype surrounding DYE SS barrels. Unfortunately, I sold the BOA for the DYE. DAMMIT ALL! I miss my BOA it was one of the better barrels I have owned. The DYE breaks paint like crazy, the BOA is great I never had a problem with it. Like I said, I had mine a long time ago, so I don't know how hard it is to find one. Sorry, can't help you there. I do however, know that the CP barrel is cheap, and IMO shoots just as well as the BOA. I would save yourself the hassel of trying to find a BOA and get a CP. Of course this is just my .02

mykroft
07-04-2002, 11:31 AM
Ravi knows cocker very well, STAY AWAY from his mag info, his tuning tips are a checklist on how to kill your mag.

I love his reviews in PGI though, he isn't afraid to say something sucks (When was the last time you saw a bad review in APG??)

Oh Yeah, BOA's are good barrels.

FreshmanBob
07-04-2002, 11:46 AM
i keep hearing great things about BOA too, they shoot through breaks really well too

you can find some boa barrels here for a great price
compulsive paintball (http://www.compulsivepaintball.com)

I'll be picking one up for my micromag one of these days