PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Help

Cow Patrol
07-02-2002, 05:39 PM
Well i have been thinking about upgrading barrels on my gun. Last weekend i got to use my friends j&j ceramic but he took it back. I also have used a lapco bigshot on my old tippmann, but not on my mag. I liked both of them very much under both circumstances. I was just wondering if anybody had any feedback on these barrels, or if they could reccomend any others...my price range is around $50-$80. Thanks!

TransMan
07-02-2002, 05:52 PM
the barrel im gettin when i get some money will be a BOA

frokin
07-02-2002, 05:53 PM
I have a J&J ceramic, I hate it. I bought a Smart Parts All-American 12" long. I love the way it shoots. My friend has a Dye Stainless Steel and it shoots great. The only bad thing on the Dye is the weight.

Bob Mundon
07-02-2002, 06:08 PM
lapco is a great barrel, and the one to get if you like effeciency

Miscue
07-02-2002, 06:11 PM
Get whatever barrel makes you happy and fits your paint. Doesn't matter much really.

SlipknotX556
07-02-2002, 07:28 PM
I loved my smart parts 12in progressive.

Nitroduck
07-02-2002, 09:17 PM
Here's the barrels i've used in your price range.

JnJ ceramic
JnJ 2 piece
JnJ full tilt
DYE aluminum
DYE SS
Smart parts AA
smart parts SS AA
smart parts progressive
smart parts venturi
Custom products
Lapco Bigshot

Out of all of em ,the top 2 i'd say are the jnj 2 piece , ceramic and DYE SS. I absoutely loved my dye ss , and compared to the all american , the AA was crap ( having said that, i have owned over 4 all americans in the past )

MikeCouves
07-02-2002, 09:32 PM
CP's are great. I use one alot and it shoots very well with Big Ball.

AcemanPB
07-02-2002, 09:50 PM
i bought a lapco bigshot and couldn't be happier, great quality barrel for only 50 bucks

Wc Keep
07-02-2002, 10:43 PM
on my mag ive used the bigshot and with my spyder i used the jj ceramic loved it with team colors cp barrel great with nitro duck and dye excel hated it. the bigshot works very well with nitro duck and i hear it also works well with big ball.

Bwaites
07-02-2002, 11:16 PM
I've used most of the above at one time or another, my favorites now are my 10" CP Pros. You can get three backs and a tip (whatever length) for around 100, or regular CP's for about 30-40, which shoot essentially the same.

They shoot great, are light, clean up easy. That said, they did have a slight machining problem last year that made the barrels hard to remove, (the notch for the retention pin was a little deep and not ramped so the pin wouldn't depress to release the barrel). I fixed mine with my dremel without problem and was told by CP that a slight production change resolved the problem.

I also own an Armson Stealth 14" old school (very quiet, but harder to clean) and a Carbon Fiber (very light) custom made for me in Illinois, from a dealer near AGD.

For the money, it is VERY hard to beat CP and Lapco.

Bill

Ityl
07-03-2002, 01:13 PM
I like the bigshots.

PRPB
07-03-2002, 03:24 PM
I have the J&J ceramic and SS Bigshot and I love them both. There both great barrels. I would recommend them to anyone. :D