PDA

View Full Version : lvl 10 efficency question.

Nitroduck
07-02-2002, 08:51 PM
I was looking at the lvl10 animation and was wondering about this (I tried to search for stuff about it, but couldnt find anything)...

When the lvl10 fires, a small ammount of gas goes out a vent to slow the bolt down, and regardless of if it stops a ball or not, that air is vented. My question is : how does that small vent effect efficency in a Mag? I would assume that it would be less efficent due to that vent...So could someone tell me if it does lower efficency, and if so, how much?

Thanks

RT_Luver
07-02-2002, 09:00 PM
I remember someone that has it saying that the effenciency might be decreased a little but not too much

Bwaites
07-02-2002, 09:02 PM
This is still an issue, most of us have noted a slight decrease, but only slight.

Everyone is supposed to be addressing it in their reports from the field.

Bill

BlackVCG
07-03-2002, 12:03 AM
The current LVL 7 config vents air too. Once the raised edge breaks the o-ring, it doesn't seal until it gets back to the PT tip. I think the LVL 10 config will vent a bit more air, but not much. The efficiency is appearing to be from the reports nearly the same.

manike
07-03-2002, 08:49 AM
I think we need some proper efficiency tests with same barrel/paint/velocitypressure fill and not just rely on perception.

It definitely doesn't run as easily down to a low tank pressure (i.e. no shoot down warning just a few half shots then nothing at just below your input pressure) but I 'think' that when in use with a full tank I was getting a good number of shots.

I just always fill up before each game and so would like ot see a proper test rather than perception.

manike