PDA

View Full Version : "Sniper Stingray" $80

PyRo
07-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Just found this ammusing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1841226990

StuDawggie
07-02-2002, 09:25 PM
A guy who can do that to a stingray has waaaaaaay too much time on his hands. And besides that, who would pay that much for a BE?
It is funny how he'll only take bids from certain buyers if you look at the description.

mag59459
07-02-2002, 09:30 PM
although usless, that is the coolest stingray i've ever seen.

AcemanPB
07-02-2002, 09:41 PM
lol haha they glued some wood on a stingray, man i remember the good old days when all my friends got some stingrays and talons and we played in the woods behind my house...... ah those were the days

RT_Luver
07-02-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
man i remember the good old days when all my friends got some stingrays and talons and we played in the woods behind my house...... ah those were the days

SAY WHAT?? those the days:confused:? the days are NOW.... E-Mag Baby

but dude...that is one...uhh...odd lookin gun

rhetor22
07-03-2002, 08:53 PM
you guys... if you think that ray is heavily modified, you haven't seen anything yet.

Take a look down at STING (sting ray owners group) they have some of the most pimped out rays around. Since its made of plastic its a great gun to modify and tinker with.

Here's a pic of my stingray:
(its got a 1/4" trigger pull and shoots very well. Quite accurate after polishing the stock barrel too. I've done some other slight mods but its a great little gun.)

http://www.cstrikesucks.homestead.com/files/stingray.jpg

Lone Gunman
07-03-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by rhetor22
... I've done some other slight mods but its a great little gun.

You mean like the 45° foregrip? Gotta love it.

AcemanPB
07-03-2002, 09:38 PM
have you seen some of the crazy stuff they do to rainmakers??? i was thinking about starting a project on one since they are like 160 or somewhere around that.

paintbattler
07-03-2002, 10:35 PM
lol that is a cool stingray...

pbguy888
07-03-2002, 10:52 PM
Whats "STING's" web site? lol wanna see some of those pimped out rays.

PRPB
07-03-2002, 10:54 PM
:eek: Take a look at these.

http://www.stinggroup.addr.com/horiz/dualhoritn.jpg

http://www.stinggroup.addr.com/mods/xchamb/xraylhtn.jpg

http://www.stinggroup.addr.com/horiz/blrays.jpg

rhetor22
07-04-2002, 11:07 AM
I have seen a picture of a stingray with a warp feed, insane trigger job, and nice barrel amongst other things. Unfortunately the warp ray was stolen by a ****ing jackass.

Rainmakers are great guns, the only problem is that they are really loud, and a tad heavy. The RM really doesn't get enough credit simply because it is made by BE.

I'm not defending BE here guys, i've had many complaints with them. The stingray isn't too hot untill it meets the dremel. I had a Raptor that was a pretty decent gun, but it chopped like a mofo untill i fixed that with a bit of modification.

Polishpickles451
07-04-2002, 11:30 AM
no matter what you do to a stingray, or other low end guns, it still can't cycle any faster, it's still a blowback that eats air, and I think it's a waste of money. For all that stuff on some of those guns, you could get a mag. BE is just the lowest quality possible.

Jonno06
07-04-2002, 12:08 PM
lol.....

BE is probably paintballs biggest company....and probably got you into paintball....almost everyone i know started out with a BE gun....

its cheap equipment,easy to find.....but u get what u pay for...

if we had mags and angels in wal-mart then paintball would be Boomin'.....

rhetor22
07-04-2002, 12:52 PM
if we had mags and cockers in wal-mart no one would buy a paintball gun.

Trust me, no one puts a lot of money into a stingray. We use parts sittinga round the house. The ray will fire about 8bps with a good trigger job and can as you all know be just as accurate as any other gun out there. I think its a great looking gun too.

You are correct to a certain degree when you say "you get what you pay for" I think that the stingray is a good value. I got mine for $60 and i use it just as often as i use my automag.

After moding the stingray i feel sort of stupid about blowing $300+ on the automag. I'm no tourney player and there is no reason why i need anything more than the ray. As i have said before though, i bought the mag because its made of stainless steel and that says something to me.

Brass Eagle does have some low quality markers. Their new gun line up is getting pretty nice though. The JT excellerators get great reviews. I'm sure if the Rainmaker had an AGD sticker on it you guys would think it was the best.

You really should stop and think WHY BE sucks and not just hop on the wagon and say it sucks because everyone says so.

The ray is a great gun for price, and its an excelent gun for beginners.

[edit] There is a way to make the ray and other blowbacks cycle faster, polish the internals well to get rid of a lot of friction.[edit]

07-04-2002, 01:01 PM
i know a guy that took a talon, put cocker pnumatics on it, somehow fitted a vertical max flo in the 12g thing, made a bottomline adapter, cut off the trigger guard and put a 2 finger blade trigger on it, made a foregrip, bought a barrel adapter and put an armson barrel on it. it's just about the best shooting gun on the feild. he told me he did it just to show up all the cocker owners who dis BE.

blackmag3
07-04-2002, 06:50 PM
jonno i didnt start with anything BE. i started with a very old used prolite. and if anyone wants to have some minor fun get a talons and play with your friends only using talons. we've done that at our local hyperball field. the best part is no one can complain that someone is only winning cause of a better gun. i hate when people do that. and BE doesnt make complete junk. they are getting better and no im not defending them just stating my opinion. heck the hyperball field i play at only sells pursuit park paint and so far its preformed lots better than i expected.

rhetor22
07-04-2002, 06:59 PM
brass eagle paint is some decent paint, its just that when you buy it at walmart its at least half a year old.