PDA

View Full Version : Reducing the weight in my RT Pro.

OldSchoolMag
07-02-2002, 09:44 PM
Lately, I've had a small problem with my 'Mag - yes, that's right a problem. It's not a big problem, but it sure is annoying. I really dislike the weight in my RT. It's pretty heavy to be lugging around all day, and I know there's going to be one or two "A real man doesn't notice" posts, but that doesn't matter to me. I noticed that I run slower, get arm cramps, have trouble snap shooting and I've never had that problem on any other gun. And that, I notice.

So, I figure I should lighten the weight. I've heard from more than one source, including Modified Paintball, that the majority of weight is in the body rail. So, my first effort to get that weight reduced, either by milling, or what have you, at Modified Paintball, failed because they're not offering that service yet. And due to the amount of difficulty it seems is entailed with this procedure ("...attempts had caused fractures or cracking in the rail ... 5 months and 4 cracked body rails later...") made me cast my doubts on this ever happening.

But I come to you guys tonight with a question - can you help me find a place that will take a good amount of weight off of my RT body rail, yet keep it solid? I appreciate any help I can get, due to summer vacationing, I will not actually be having this done until late July/early August, so I'm not in any kind of rush here.

Thanks for any kind of help!

OSM

SiLeNt X
07-02-2002, 10:37 PM
I have a rt and noticed that it was heavyer then other guns but decided to live with it and get used to it. Now when I pick up other guns I just think they are light;)

paintbattler
07-03-2002, 12:56 AM
take the sight rail thats on top of the bodu off..that may take sum weight off..thats about all u can do..maybe u should try getting a smaller tank?

CpSuPeRkId
07-03-2002, 01:09 AM
not much to do except use an all aluminum barrel, smaller or lighter tank, take off the sight rail and all useless parts. and the #1 tip is pump some iron, and if u keep using it, it wont become such a problem u will get used to it

Kaiser Bob
07-03-2002, 02:16 AM
If you are creative you might be able to make use of the milled out Emag rails, last i knew AGD did sell them seperate from the colored emags. you might have to attack it with a dremel to make the RTP forgrip fit, or make use of the battery terminal hole to put a standard mag forgrip in.

liigod
07-03-2002, 03:13 AM
2 werds

dremel milling

BlackVCG
07-03-2002, 03:32 AM
http://www.automags.org/~BlackVCG/E_Mag/E-Mag_Rail.JPG

Here's the new E-Mag rail. All dead mass was eliminated without making it fragile. You can get a machine shop that knows what they're doing gut it for you, or you can mill at it yourself.

Or you can wait for the Xtreme body upgrade, which eliminates the rail and the SS mainbody.

Raptor3359
07-03-2002, 04:44 AM
is the Xtreme body upgrade just for the e-mag and rt pro or will it be outs for the automags and minimags?

crgowo
07-03-2002, 04:13 PM
id like to know to. :)

magmonkey
07-03-2002, 04:23 PM
are the new emag rails availble yet?

I just put my rail on the milling machine last week to get rid of a bit of weight

MrAirgunRT
07-03-2002, 04:32 PM
U can take the foregrip off, cuz it seems to weight alot, and take that piece off that holds it, and replace that with a smaller one, it takes a little work but I say it would do the job. My RT is heavy also, but I am getting a smaller tank.

magman007
07-03-2002, 07:31 PM
hmmmm, ok, i say take off the little wings on the back, or atleast mill into em, also take off all the unnecessary parts. ummmmm thats about all i got, there isnt mutch you xcan do