PDA

View Full Version : Harness

AcemanPB
07-02-2002, 10:16 PM
alright right now i have a JT slammer harness, and i'm looking at getting a new one because this one just will not stay put when i run

alright i'm not that big of a guy, 140lbs at 5'7
also i'm a front player and want a pack that will stay put when i'm runing/slidding

here is what i'm looking at

redz 3.2
mantis
if dye makes a 3 pod harness then that one
any other suggestions?

i kinda like the horizontal the JT has but a vertical would be OK i guess

any info is welcome and apreciated

ps. i rarely use 3 pods a game so i don't want like a huge 8+2 harness

SlipknotX556
07-02-2002, 10:17 PM
I hated my JT slammer pack. I HATED IT! I went with a redz 3.2 and I LOVE IT BABY! Go with the redz.

AcemanPB
07-02-2002, 10:21 PM
does it move around any when you run and stuff?

Wc Keep
07-02-2002, 10:22 PM
i have the redz pack that is the rip-off of the jt pack and i dont like it all that much. im looking into a redz 3.2 dimension or a dye one.

Bob Mundon
07-03-2002, 01:06 AM
i love my ronin 5 pack, but i wish i would have gotten a 3/2 stealth harness (also by ronin), cause its rare when i use more than 3 pods

DiRTyBuNNy
07-03-2002, 01:26 AM
I've got the M-Pack from Topstitch (www.topstitch.net)...most comfortable pack i've ever used..and i've had quite a few (Dye/Ronin/Xcel/Redz)..I've got the horizontal pack (6 pods) so it's set up like the JT Slammer..just a heck of a lot more compact and comfy....pods stay nice and tight..with my 6 pod they make it so that the 2 extra pods are underneath the 4 main ones...so when the 2 aren't occupied it collapses slightly....and for you tourney types..it's even got a clear pocket on one of the straps for your tourney ID...i'd check them out..prices are a little more than most..but unlike a lot of the major companies (whose packs are made in China..check them out..it's true) these are handmade in California..the company used to make packs for smoke jumpers so they know how to make stuff last..

Pand0ra
07-03-2002, 05:01 AM
Redz 3.2.
Doesn't move at all (and I already did a lot of things to test it, like jumping over bunkers, big slides, ...).
The pods are also easy to remove during the game.

@++

MikeCouves
07-03-2002, 06:31 AM
Redz 3.2 all the way! It is the best pack because if you are playing rec/practice and your not carrying that much paint you can have 3 pods. But if you are in a tourney, it's good to have 5 pods! It's perfect! And the comfort belt is priceless.

DarkRipper
07-03-2002, 09:33 AM
One of my front guys doesn't even wear a harness, he carries a 2 pod "football" with him. It makes his profile smaller and it's one less thing to worry about.

Just a thought. Give it a try and see what you think; he was skeptical at first too. Now he loves the setup.

DR

automag223
07-03-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by DarkRipper
One of my front guys doesn't even wear a harness, he carries a 2 pod "football" with him. It makes his profile smaller and it's one less thing to worry about.

Just a thought. Give it a try and see what you think; he was skeptical at first too. Now he loves the setup.

DR

one less thing to worry about???you have to remamber to bring that with u because last time i left a pod they threw me out of the game.....so u have the same things to worry about no matter what u get:D

Wc Keep
07-03-2002, 09:57 AM
pods are considered disposable items so you can drop them and run and not be called out. i think you got screwed over on a call.

wyn1370
07-03-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Wc Keep
i have the redz pack that is the rip-off of the jt pack and i dont like it all that much. im looking into a redz 3.2 dimension or a dye one.
I too went from the JT pack to the redz version of the slam pack. I personally love it. I used to use the whole speed collar system but got a halo B. The redz slam pack works great with regular pods too.

Chupas2
07-03-2002, 10:10 AM
M-pack by topstitch. These are the best packs out there.

mykroft
07-03-2002, 10:15 AM
Blackstar 4 down, or their football.

Best gear on the market, even Redz doesn't compare in quality.

Wc Keep
07-03-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by wyn1370

I too went from the JT pack to the redz version of the slam pack. I personally love it. I used to use the whole speed collar system but got a halo B. The redz slam pack works great with regular pods too.

im not saying that i hate it im just saying that im looking for something new. i actually have the complete imatation speed system. the redz pack with the app pods those pods are awesome and they work great with that pack.

Yudanja
07-03-2002, 11:00 AM
I just tried on the new raven ones, they are comfy =)

DarkRipper
07-03-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by automag223

one less thing to worry about???you have to remamber to bring that with u because last time i left a pod they threw me out of the game.....so u have the same things to worry about no matter what u get:D

:)

If you say so.

It's just a suggestion.

DR

wyn1370
07-03-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Wc Keep

im not saying that i hate it im just saying that im looking for something new. i actually have the complete imatation speed system. the redz pack with the app pods those pods are awesome and they work great with that pack.
good to know, cause I just ordered some of the app pods today. Now I'm not so worried.

land hurricane
07-03-2002, 12:36 PM
hey aceman you selling your JT pack. I'll buy it if you are.

magman007
07-03-2002, 01:11 PM
hey, look into the system x 3.2 pack, there hella nice, i just got one form don at modified paintball. It is nice! it stays put too. and it came with free pods! yippie!

Wc Keep
07-03-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370

good to know, cause I just ordered some of the app pods today. Now I'm not so worried.
they take some time getting used to but when you do there really good. one handed refills while looking out into the field to see whats going on its a good advantage they give.

RT_Luver
07-03-2002, 01:34 PM
I can vouch for the redz 3.2 for my self. I'm like you, I'm a front player and need something that stays put when I run and the 3.2 DOES IT. THEY ROCK. I uv them. and their COMFY. its hard to even give it justice with words. GO WITH REDZ. you just GOTTA.

krafty
07-03-2002, 01:55 PM
I'll 2nd (or 3rd, or 12th or whatever it's up to) the sentiment about the Redz 3.2. I absolutely love mine!. The belt is comfortable, and the pack stays right where it's supposed to stay.