PDA

View Full Version : Umm yeah, mods please explain TX |Help|

®4VËñ_þå¹ñtßå||
07-02-2002, 11:04 PM
Well, i leave off for a trip down the shore on friday.

Come back today and what happens.

#1 my RaV3n_Pa1ntba|| account is banned
#2 my RaV3n_Pa1ntba|| account is broken....

well i would like it fixed cause, i like my sig. And my name .... so please explain whats going on.

And if its with alot of people. Just put it this way, get my account working again :D

k...

BTW, this is my 2ndary name for when stupid stuff happens, like this.

®4VËñ_þå¹ñtßå||
07-02-2002, 11:24 PM
Cmon mods, act fast and give me info.

PM it to me or just post the reply here.

IM curious, and want my old name back ... :( :( :(

BlackVCG
07-03-2002, 12:24 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=367550#post367550

paintbattler
07-03-2002, 12:51 AM
geez man, ur messed up there..that gave the mods no choice...

hawpunch
07-03-2002, 02:11 AM
raven,

i think the mods properly banned you. i read the thread and found that your comments were:

1. malicious and designed to provoke the other member, one who in no way attacked you,
2. childish,
3. non-informative,
4. in no way contributed to the spirit and welfare of the forum community.

you are entitled to your opinions as are other members. but you twisted your opinions to attack the other member. calling someone a dumb*** and just stating what you think about a particular gun are two different things. you could have just stated your opinion and left it at that. as was stated before, this forum is a private forum and it is up to tom kaye of agd and the mods to run the forum as they see fit. i agree with the mods actions on this because they banned you not only because of this current thread, but also because of your past behavior. you have no right to demand the mods reinstate you. if you want to get back onto this forum, i suggest you do some growing up. good job mods.

aloha,

jae park

BlackVCG
07-03-2002, 02:27 AM
Raven-

Being opinionated doesn't get you banned. Acting like you did in that thread does. You have been troublesome in your stay here at AO. You've been banned before for other reasons and quite frankly you've had enough chances. We're not like the other forums out there. Want to call us strict? Fine. We go by the rules that this forum was founded on and don't bend them for anyone. If that makes us strict, then so be it.

TheBigRaguPB4L
07-03-2002, 03:08 AM
Strict nothing, that was childish "My toys are better than yours so you're a jerk" nonsense. If anyone seriously couldn't figure out why they would be banned after that, then wow. What is this world coming to now these days?

shartley
07-03-2002, 06:56 AM
I have heard it before, that saying something opposite to popular belief will get you banned… HOG WASH. I am about the most outspoken person on AO, and I am also the second highest poster here. It is not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it. You can express almost any belief, thought, disagreement, etc. on AO as long as you do so following the rules.

wyn1370
07-03-2002, 07:42 AM
praise the bones.
good job taking out the trash mods.
I've been watching that kid, since he showed up, for a reason to ban him.

covadsucks
07-03-2002, 09:48 AM
For once I would venture to say the MODS were too lenient. Raven has ripped apart so many others on the forums only to NOT be punished for being so childish. I am shocked that he wants to come back when it's very clear that no one wants him here due to his malicious attitude.

Vegeta
07-03-2002, 10:14 AM
From what I saw in the thread (and no I did not read it all, just hte things that 'stood out') it looks as though Raven, you were basing a lot of "Your Opinions" about things on just word of mouth. You were bveing just damn rude, and it had no purpose. It wasn't your gun. This is probably one of hte greater reasons I do not vist forums like PB Nation. It peevs me to se so many people bashing the hell out of other people who are giving FACTUAL information about a marker. And yes you have caused trouble before on AO.

Go ahead and call AO strict. Having as good of mods as we do is probably one of the greater reasons this board doesn't become of something like PBN has.

On a side note,
Shartley- whos is hte other person with more posts than you?
Just curious.

cphilip
07-03-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Vegeta
Shartley- whos is hte other person with more posts than you? Just curious.

Guess!!!! :D

mykroft
07-03-2002, 10:20 AM
Vegeta: it's cphilip at 5000+ posts

shartley
07-03-2002, 10:24 AM
Yup.. it is Cphilip! :D HeeHee

cphilip
07-03-2002, 10:30 AM
The biggest loser! :(

shartley
07-03-2002, 10:31 AM
Nah..... Not the biggest. ;) (j/k too easy of a target.. LOL)

MagDog68
07-03-2002, 11:14 AM
Damn you post whores!

Raven needs a kick in the panties! Everyone on AO gets into heated exchanges at one time or another, but personal attacks are poor form. Read shartley if you want to see a good verbal lashing! I also miss Yipe's commentaries. :(
~Fred

PS Your spelling really sucked too, as did your attempts at side-stepping the cuss filter.

RT_Luver
07-03-2002, 11:49 AM
IMHO, they had a very good reason to abn you....sorry

Vex
07-03-2002, 02:07 PM
What everyone else said...:D

(sorry, I couldn't help it.)

CpSuPeRkId
07-03-2002, 02:11 PM
raven, i hope i dont get banned for being rude, but u are the most <B>*POOF*</B>

<B>No need for that.</B> -Miscue

covadsucks
07-03-2002, 02:59 PM
Wow!

CpSuPeR Don't sugarcoat your true feelings there...LOL

paintbattler
07-03-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by CpSuPeRkId
raven, i hope i dont get banned for being rude, but u are the most *POOF*
thats the best way to explain it..nicely put

Miscue
07-03-2002, 03:04 PM
My comment on the matter:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41663

hitech
07-03-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by ®4VËñ_þå¹ñtßå||
I didn't avoid any swear filters...I just gave my state of mind.

You most certainly did! Using an |-| for an h is obvious. So is purposely misspelling a word. And by the way calling someone a moron is rude, period. :rolleyes:

FatMan
07-03-2002, 03:46 PM
I don't like to be seen as telling the mods what to do (but since I'm a pushy guy, I'll just forge ahead :D)

It seems like this guy has been banned for life, for good reason and all members who have taken a good look at this case agree, we don't want this guy around.

Still, he keeps signing up for new accounts and starting threads - obviously he wants to get attention here (prolly why he did all that in the first place). But we don't want him around, and we're tired of his little "poor me" threads clogging up the place.

It seems like the mods ought to freeze these accounts and remove the threads as soon as their created. Like he said he can keep on creating them, but you can keep on deleting them. Eventually it won't be worthwhile to him any more if we stop talking to him about his silly little problem.

The rest of us should just ignore him. He's not a nice guy, and all he's trying to do is drag us into arguments. When he posts, just report it to the mods, but don't post back.

Rave - dude, why don't you go hand on on PB Nation or something. We're tired of your attitude and we're not interested in your whining about it.

Further Deponent Sayeth Not!

FatMan

Miscue
07-03-2002, 03:51 PM
We IP banned him once we noticed he kept getting new accounts.

magic55
07-03-2002, 04:05 PM
what did he say? i missed it

than205
07-03-2002, 04:52 PM
I can't add anymore to what's allready been said.
Rightfully banned.