PDA

View Full Version : simple question

dentros
07-03-2002, 03:25 AM
i was fiddlin around with my automag r/t pro and out of no where it fired grease at me thru the back of the bolt (where the velocity adjuster is) and it was leaking air at a constant rate, not much, but enough to not be able to stop with simply pushing on it with my finger, i played around with the velocity and got it to stop, but then i wasnt getting enough psi to fire at a high rate and then my bolt wouldnt recock, on the first shot i would have 800 psi, then drop to 500, then 200 then it wouldnt recock, i turned it up enough to where i was firing at a good rate without any leaks, what is wrong, is there a bad seal? or am i running too much psi (800psi preset). well that is everything i could think of

Thanks guys

Potatoboy
07-03-2002, 03:40 AM
Leaking out the back means you have the internal regulator too high (higher velocity and PSI)

It sounds like your second problem happened because you panicked and turned it too low. If the regulator is too low the bolt wont cycle because there isn't enough pressure.

In other words that's exactly what's supposed to happen.

If you can't get 300FPS over a chrono without it leaking out the back then you might have to replace the regulator piston, but it doesn't sound like you have that problem. If you want to play around with it, next time you're at a chrono turn the velocity adjuster all the way up until it leaks, then back it off until it stops, fire a shot and see what speed it's at. Just remember to chrono back into the field speed afterwards. :p

BlackVCG
07-03-2002, 04:21 AM
Remember, you need to fire the gun a few times each time you change the velocity to seat the piston so you get the true velocity reading. It can be leaking out the back and you can turn it down past the point that it would have stopped leaking but it will continue to leak. Turn it about 1/8 each time, fire it and listen for the leak.

dentros
07-03-2002, 04:51 AM
I did get it to work again, but i wanted to make sure that it wasnt something that would screw me up on the field, but it looks like im firing good with no leaks, thanx for the support