PDA

View Full Version : CO2 again...

DCB
07-03-2002, 08:44 AM
I have read the post about CO2 but was just wondering if anyone here uses CO2 all the time and what is you set up. What kind of fps +/- do you get and anything else you can think of. Just a information junky...

Thanks...:D

sniper1rfa
07-03-2002, 10:00 AM
on my mayhem. if i had a mag, i would probably run it on co2 also. with the mayhem and the stock reg i got ± 3 fps. of course, i wanted the baottle to go straight back, so i bought a max, and now i get ± 2 fps. this is with a regular co2 tank, no anti-siphons or anything.

mykroft
07-03-2002, 10:13 AM
On the mag: +/- 5fps on a warm day, +/- 10 fps on a cool day, goop on a cold day. Cocker is a bit better, as it's reg doesn't mind liquid as much.

boggerman
07-03-2002, 12:48 PM
I am stuck with co2 for life(unless I buy my own scuba tank) and I run a Palmer Stabilizer with anti-siphon tubes in my tanks with good results. I usually get +/- 5 over the chrony. I set the Palmer at 700psi output so I don't get shootdown, I got horrible shootdown when I tried to set it the way Palmer recommends.

V-Viper
07-03-2002, 12:53 PM
wow this symbol is great ± ± ± ± , how you make it? ± (copy and pasted it) ± ± ±

sniper1rfa
07-03-2002, 04:31 PM
shift + alt + plus

z-grip
07-03-2002, 05:13 PM
i shot co2 out of my mag for like 2 years, and will never go back. i was in the middle of a semifinal game on a cool day and as i started to rip a string, my gun frosted from the 20 oz tank to about 3 inches up the barel. that night i bought a hpa system

RRfireblade
07-03-2002, 05:26 PM
I use CO2 all the time.No Nitro fills around here,and I really don't see any need for it myself. 20oz. fills cost me $2.I cronoed last saturday right at ProTeam and it shot 299,299,300,299,300. If that helps.

P.S. I use a stainless remote(coiled stinks if anyone cares)and a gas through and never froze anything.(here in sunny Daytona Bch.)

Jay.

DCB
07-03-2002, 05:26 PM
I seems that the compresed air is more consistent than CO2 in long strings of fire. No shoot down at all. A friend of mine just bought a 68/4500 who was shooting Co2 and he says it is like night and day.

WickeDKlowN
07-03-2002, 07:50 PM
for some reason my mag seems to freeze quite often if im not using an x-chamber. im might get a remote and a nice gas through soon though.

Originally posted by RRfireblade
I use CO2 all the time.No Nitro fills around here,and I really don't see any need for it myself. 20oz. fills cost me $2.I cronoed last saturday right at ProTeam and it shot 299,299,300,299,300. If that helps.

P.S. I use a stainless remote(coiled stinks if anyone cares)and a gas through and never froze anything.(here in sunny Daytona Bch.)

Jay.
Hasn't been very sunny latley has it? ive hated the weather for the past few weeks.

PS. you gonna play at big tree this weekend? I might be able to come out with my cousin and play.

RRfireblade
07-03-2002, 08:02 PM
Wasn't to bad today.

I love my remote.I know alot of people don't like 'em, I got a mag because of the small compact package.It was designed to be a true one hand pistol,and I love that about it.It kills me to see warps and all kind of stuff bolted to 'em but I guess whatever you like.For your info,the stainless remotes flow like a million times better than the coiled ones.I had noticable amounts of shoot down with it when I cranked up the ROF.The braided stainless one works much better.You get used to it pretty quick,I hardly notice I have it on at all anymore.When I use my tank and drop now the gun feels like a brick!

Jay.