PDA

View Full Version : Raven3 Paintball & others

Bwaites
07-03-2002, 08:54 AM
Read the Rules:

Don't try to circumvent the cuss filters by using spaces or other characters.

Don't use ASC II characters.

Don't Flame.

Intentionally misspelling a word so it doesn't hit the cuss filters is the same thing as using spaces or other characters.

You weren't banned because of your views, but because you expressed them in a immature and intentionally inflammatory way. You can do that at Paintball Nation or other sites, but not here.

Bill

LawFox32
07-03-2002, 09:15 AM
Bill, lets just leave it to the mods, quite a few people were bothered/offended, but its still the moderators jobs to deal with them.

Bwaites
07-03-2002, 09:37 AM
Everybody needs to take part in keeping the site what it should be, a relaxed, enjoyable place. The mods can't be here constantly, so the rest of us need to help.

I was trying to help him understand, since he keeps asking, why he was banned.

Bill

i-luv-my-rt
07-03-2002, 10:14 AM
Dude everything you just stated is in the rules and everyone has read them and if not still know not to do them it's common sense. If you do break the rules then yes you get banned, it's easy. Leave it to the mods to take care of it. It's there job do you think if these people dont listen to mods they will listen to you:rolleyes:

RT_Luver
07-03-2002, 11:58 AM
yes, follow them and nothin will go wrong

paintbattler
07-03-2002, 12:40 PM
yea i agree..we ned to turn in the immature ppl here *cough* raven *cough*

V-Viper
07-03-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by paintbattler
yea i agree..we ned to turn in the immature ppl here *cough* raven *cough*
/me Gives paintbattler a cough-drop:D

magman007
07-03-2002, 01:01 PM
ok, quick question, what about words like shiznit? if that is not allowed please delete it as im searching for info. how about shiz? i mean there acceptable words now in our socioety more less so i wuz wondering

Bwaites
07-03-2002, 10:35 PM
I think common sense is your best guide.

If it is intended to substitute for vulgar language without any real purpose, why use it?

We should all try to express ourselves in the most clearly understandable language without being offensive to anyone.

As my ex-military father taught me, would you say it with your mother in the room? How about your grandmother? How about your Sunday School teacher? He is no prude, spent 25 years enlisted, after growing up on the "wrong" side of the tracks in Columbia, SC. He has spent most of his life trying to overcome the language he grew up with and has been around.

Too many young people use language that would have made a Marine drill sergeant blush 40 years ago, and they do it without thinking. Some of us a little older are just as guilty. But let common sense be your guide, along with the rules.

As far as Raven3, I realized he would be IP banned, but know from reading that too many people have never read the rules and was trying to gently point out that they needed to do it. My message really wasn't aimed at him, but at the newbies (and some oldies!) who were trying to figure out what was happening, and to answer his questions for them.

As far as helping the mods, they have often pointed out that they can't ALWAYS be here and appreciate help if someone is out of line, I was just trying to head off any more similar problems, sorry if that offended some of you.

Bill