PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get a timmy

Krazy Ivan
07-03-2002, 10:16 AM
Where exactly would the best place to grab a timmy be? I have looked around but Paintballgear.com seems to have the best price of 579. However they only have purple and black, and they only carry the classics.

Everywhere else I've looked that carries them at least carries the full line. Including the GZs the Rippers and the classics. But their prices are like 200-300 more for even the classic.

Would I be able to just upgrade the classic easily to GZ standards? It's just the SOB board and from the descr. it looks like it's single regg'd in front instead of 2 out the front, and trigger work. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I've looked at Skanline (none), County Paintball (too much), and 888paintball (too much).

wyn1370
07-03-2002, 10:36 AM
try paintballkingdom.com
jim is one of the most respected timmy dealers around.
Your best bet is to just get a GZ or a 2k2. No sense in getting a classic and upgrading it, it would end up costing you more. Trust me I'm thinking of doing an overhaul on my classic and it will put the base cost plus upgrade well over a stock GZ or 2k2.

Snewk
07-03-2002, 10:37 AM
Have you tried modifiedpaintball.com? I hear donggie has got all sortsa stuff, and can get stuff if he doesn't have it in stock.

Krazy Ivan
07-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Don doesn't stock timmy's :( checked there too, forgot to list it.

What's the difference between the 2k2 timmy and the GZ timmy. I thought besides the Dragon timmy the GZ was the best, yet the 2k2 is $100 more? What's the difference on them, besides colors/milling?

Curly
07-03-2002, 10:58 AM
I believe that the dragon is a more milled version of the 2k2. They both have the clamshell frame and the selct fire board. The dragon is more expensive then the 2k2. The 2k2's should run from about 900 to 1000 and the dragons are like 1100 to 1200 i believe. the gz has the 45 and the sob board. I believe that the Gz is the better looking and better performing out of them all and the most comfortable to shoot.

FutureMagOwner
07-03-2002, 11:12 AM
www.countypaintball.com mikes sevice is up there with dons and he is a certified timmy nut :D and mechanic

wyn1370
07-03-2002, 12:12 PM
check out the intimidator forum over on PBnation.com they have the best info on them I've been able to find. but the quick and dirty is that the tolerances on the dragon and 2k2 are better than the GZ. The GZ does come with the sob board, but wicked sportz is comming out with a new board that is going to replace all the current timi boards.