PDA

View Full Version : Matrix or 2002 Angel?

PaintballDude05
07-03-2002, 05:33 PM
Gettin a new gun soon, and need some opinions on what to get. I want high bps, lightweight, and reliability. Thanks!

Python14
07-03-2002, 05:40 PM
Extreem E-mag

CpSuPeRkId
07-03-2002, 05:52 PM
well beides the usual answer ur gonna get here, which is emag xreme(im gettin it). id say go wtih the matrix. ive been doin my homework combined with experience with the angel. UR PAYIN FOR THE NAME ANGEL, u get no real performance over the matrix. both have super rate of fire, but the matrix has something over the angel. it can pinch paint with the trinity LPR mod. what can an angel do? oh yea shoot fast and break paint unless u got a warp or halo. the only angel that is actually good IN MY OPINION is an ir3 because of the anti chop eye, but for half the price u can get a matrix that can shoot as fast plus wont break paint either. be different, save ur money, and get more performance!!! GET A MATRIX.

blnk162
07-03-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by CpSuPeRkId
well beides the usual answer ur gonna get here, which is emag xreme(im gettin it). id say go wtih the matrix. ive been doin my homework combined with experience with the angel. UR PAYIN FOR THE NAME ANGEL, u get no real performance over the matrix. both have super rate of fire, but the matrix has something over the angel. it can pinch paint with the trinity LPR mod. what can an angel do? oh yea shoot fast and break paint unless u got a warp or halo. the only angel that is actually good IN MY OPINION is an ir3 because of the anti chop eye, but for half the price u can get a matrix that can shoot as fast plus wont break paint either. be different, save ur money, and get more performance!!! GET A MATRIX.

2k2 angel lcd's are 899 retail, 2k2 matrices are 999 retail

FutureMagOwner
07-03-2002, 06:19 PM
thats the matrix lcd the other one is still the same price

and angels are still overrated in my opinion

liigod
07-03-2002, 06:24 PM
boooo wdp booo. Timmy is prolly the best bang for your buck around. Doesnt break paint, is as fast as anything else you will find, simple, easy maintnence, relativly cheap, well refined. I think id rather have an anti chop eye than pinch balls all over the place. its just a damn better solution, althought BOTH would be ideal. Between matrix and angel, matrix all the way, its just technicaly superior.

magman007
07-03-2002, 07:03 PM
ok ok, i am gonna be different and reccomend the angel. You wont be dissapointed. Angels hold everything, status, tried and true reliability, and all that good stuff. i love my e-mag more, but thats all everyone ever says is get an e-mag. If you have your heart set, i say go for an angel.

blnk162
07-03-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
thats the matrix lcd the other one is still the same price

and angels are still overrated in my opinion

Yah but why wouldnt you get an lcd, with the old stock matrix you still need to get a new inline reg, a trinity and a bolt kit just to have a decent gun, ive had 2 angel and a matrix so i know....

I say go with gz timmy or vision impulse above either of them......

Python14
07-03-2002, 07:22 PM
Whats wrong with the stock matrix reg(centerflag BTW)?

IMO, of the markers listed, I'd go for the Timmy

Troy
07-03-2002, 09:24 PM
The Extreme emag is everything you want, but since you narrowed it to a Matrix or and Angel. Go with the Matrix. Get a stock nonLCD with a rock reg(bolt kit is not needed). Matrix has much better velocity consistancy. Anyway thats just my 2 cents.

what ever one you get you will be kicking yourself when the extreme CC come out. Level 10 rocks.

paintbattler
07-03-2002, 10:17 PM
i sasy emag

FeelTheRT
07-04-2002, 10:44 AM
Troy: what do you meen the bolt kit is not needed? Did they fix the efficiency issue? Anways from my exp. Matrices are huge gas hogs. Even with the bolt kit, it still wasn't the best on air usage. I admit the Matrix did shoot slightly better than my Angel and other Angels i've shot probably due to the LP operation however, I still prefer the Angel.

Matrix has much better velocity consistancy
That varies on what tank you have. I get about +/- 5fps while my friend gets +/- 2fps with his Maxflow tank.

mykroft
07-04-2002, 11:15 AM
The stock centerflag reg is fine, the Trinity is an LPR upgrade, very much needed.

The Bolt kit is a must too, otherwise, the efficiency makes a shocker look good.

the Matrix is a nice gun, and it's easy to shoot insanely fast, but it's honkin big, and a gas pig, and very maintenance intensive (Get ready to grease your bolt every couple of times out, ata minimum, and it eats o-rings)

I'd go angel, much smaller & lighter marker, nearly as fast, much less maintenance, better reliability.