07-03-2002, 10:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1840518716

M14 RT

PRPB
07-03-2002, 10:58 PM
I wonder what people would think if u brought that to a field.:D

FrAuStY
07-03-2002, 11:04 PM
They'd say...unhhh...sir... this... is a paintball field....and frankly...I don't think the parents are gonna like seeing that. I think you should put it away...you're scaring the toddlers...

TransMan
07-03-2002, 11:04 PM
im thinkin i could make one of those for less than 600$

X-Plosive
07-03-2002, 11:18 PM
But isn't the bi-pod like $200 alone? Then the RT valve is $280. That's already $500.

rx2
07-03-2002, 11:22 PM
Everyone always whines about how heavy mags are. Now THAT is a heavy mag!

magman007
07-03-2002, 11:23 PM
that would rule for a d day scenario game! dude, that thing is pretty dang sweet!

TransMan
07-03-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by X-Plosive
But isn't the bi-pod like $200 alone? Then the RT valve is $280. That's already $500.
i was talking about using my RT to make it im sure i could find a cheeper bi-pod

RT_Luver
07-03-2002, 11:43 PM
some ppl have WAY to much time on their hands

nutz
07-04-2002, 12:19 AM
whoa

liigod
07-04-2002, 02:40 AM
tie 2 styx together

Brian68mag
07-04-2002, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by PRPB
WOAH MR NRA FREAK, WRONG FIELD.

FutureMagOwner
07-04-2002, 08:23 AM
you can buy a kit that can make it into an m14 for a good price if im not mistaken. ill try to find a link(probably will have to goto the tippmann forum to get a link)

also check www.RUSTYSPAINTBALLGEAR.com (thats the real link)

FutureMagOwner
07-04-2002, 08:30 AM
http://extremesportsandhobbies.com/ is another place i found that looks the same as the one i used to know so im guessing they moved or something

this guy is cheaper in most cases and i think you have to email the guy to ask about getting a kit to convert it

Polishpickles451
07-04-2002, 08:54 AM
Honestly paintball markers should never be made to look like real guns for any reason. Combating the stigma of paintball being a warlike or violent game is hard enough already, making a mag into a real looking gun is wrong.

kool_aid39
07-04-2002, 09:26 AM
Harris bi-pods do not cost $200. I have two of them, total cost for both $100. Anyways I would not waste my money a gun like that.

FutureMagOwner
07-04-2002, 09:35 AM
uggg let people do whatever they want to their guns its not your descision or anyone but the owners

slateman
07-04-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by PRPB

Forget the people, what about the newbies!!
They would crap themselves with one look:D

P.S.: Imagine in your head, walking on the field, pulling that thing out and walking right past some newbies. Oh yea.

boggerman
07-04-2002, 01:06 PM
I have a Harris bipod on my varmint rifle, if I remember correctly, it cost about $65. I agree that that marker would be great for scenario games, but it has no place on a regular paintball field.

kool_aid39
07-04-2002, 01:45 PM
I agree with boggerman, that gun would look really cool at a scenario game, but it would probably scare away younger players.

I don't care what people do to there gear and I will try not and flame anybody about their stuff. Markers should be as unique as the owners.

darklord
07-04-2002, 02:26 PM
why do you think younger players would be scared away at the sight of a "realistic" gun? I remember when I was a youngun that I had realistic-looking cap guns and BB guns.... the more realistic looking they were, the better! I remember trying to paint a squirt gun black trying to make it look real.... so anyway my point is you'd just turn heads, the younger players would definitely think it was cool. They wouldn't be naive and stupid enough to think "oh no he's gonna shoot us with a REAL gun!", instead they'd just be like "that is the coolest thing I've ever seen!" I agree that a realistic-looking marker would definitely cause problems, especially providing ammunition to anti-paintballers. For that sole reason I agree that paintball guns should never be made to look real, unless for scenarios and such, and should retain their unique look. Plus a hopper is a dead give-away that it's a paintball marker and not a fully functional rifle.

andrew51
07-04-2002, 03:47 PM
if you were good with things like that you could make that for probably less than 150 dollars not including the mag. You can buy an m14 stock for like 20 bucks- dunno what he did with the barrel though-it must be pretty damn long to fit in an m14

dio91
07-04-2002, 09:32 PM
[quote]Originally posted by RT_Luver
some ppl have WAY to much time on their hands

gee, your one to talk

hahaha sorry just saw the opportunity

dio

kemikos
07-04-2002, 11:44 PM
FutureMagOwner is correct, it's built by Extreme Sports and Hobbies. Rusty's also sells them (at a marked-up price).

You can see mine in my sig picture. The only difference is that mine was built with a wooden stock rather than the standard fiberglass one.

Yes, I've taken it to fields. Most people (young and old) said that they thought it was cool. (Yes, I've considered the possibility that those who didn't like it were just afraid to say so... :p ) The most common response from the kiddies (and some of the adults, for that matter) was something like "Does it shoot farther than a regular paintball gun?" or "Is it full automatic?" :rolleyes: Once I explain that it's just an Automag in a fancy case, and it shoots like any other paintball gun, no one seems to have a problem with it. Like Darklord said, with the hopper and remote line attached, there's just no way to think it's the real thing.

I use it mostly at scenario games, but I'll pull it out at rec games, too. Incidentally, it won the "Coolest Modified Marker" contest at the "Shadowbreed" scenario game at Challenge Park last month... I know I posted that before, but while we're on the subject... :cool:

rx2: It's actually not as heavy as you'd imagine. That's the first thing people say when I let them pick it up. It weighs about the same as my Typhoon setup does; yes, it's hefty, but not unbearable. It's definitely NOT a speedball gun though. ;)

andrew51: M14 stock: $25 or so plus shipping. M14 magazine: $35-50. M14 handguard: $15. Demilitarized M14 receiver: $50-75. Various M14 hardware: probably another $40-60 (all those little parts add up). Smart Parts All American barrel: $90. Custom built parts and modifications to the M14 parts... whatever a machinist wants to charge. You could probably do it cheaper if you were a skilled machinist and had one to take apart to copy, but that's true of all paintball equipment anyway. Also, the barrel is a 16" SP All American inside a "fake" barrel shroud for looks.

One pleasant surprise is the feel of the trigger. There's a linkage from the trigger in the stock to the original sear; when I first saw it, I thought it would feel loose and sloppy. Boy, was I wrong. This marker has the nicest mechanical trigger pull I've felt. It's a bit longer than a standard 'Mag, but much lighter, and it still has the crisp 'Mag trigger feel.

I guess this is more or less a long way of saying that I really like my M-14. Of course, since it's a 'Mag underneath, it's a quality marker no matter what. Once I get my LX kit, it'll be that much better... :D

rx2
07-04-2002, 11:53 PM
I know it probably isn't really that heavy, having fired
M-14 before (as well as much heavier firearms). But for some noodle-arm who thinks a Mag weighs too much, that would be a real shock to the system!

FutureMagOwner
07-05-2002, 07:50 PM
see i know my replicas!

too bad they dont make rocket launchers like rusty does the price would be like half!(the price is still nice)