PDA

View Full Version : AGD should have made a type of E-intelliframe

CpSuPeRkId
07-04-2002, 12:53 AM
that would be aweosme if AGD made somethin similar to a hyper frame for classics and rts, but with the same shape and design as the intelliframe. i thought of this when i was looking under the C+C dream thread. it showed a concept of a new electrnoic zgrip for rts. think about how cool that would be to have the following options
-classic or rt valve
-LVL 10!!!!!
-tube, xtreme, or C+C xtreme body
-z grip, electro z grip, intelliframe, electro intelliframe, or emag battey and frame(for ACE)

that would make the ultimate in customization, u could take any mag, even the crappiest, and turn it into one hell of a marker. just by puttin a E-I frame on a 68 mag would make it awesome. that along with lvl0 would make a 68 mag be right up there with angels. its not very practical, but it sure would be fun to think about: having the best parts and having them all made by AGD that is. mags would dominate the world if this came true!!!!!

DiRTyBuNNy
07-04-2002, 04:12 AM
the reason AGD has never made a swap electro frame is because of tolerance issues..Tom just felt it was more trouble than it was worth...(he said it in a thread a long long long long long time ago..about the time i first came on the board)

j.t.
07-04-2002, 09:07 AM
Tolerance is a serious problem with electro frames and mags... my friend ruined 3 perfectly good automags ny putting the same booh yah electro frame on it. He now believes that mags suck and it was the automags fault (obviously he is very ignorant of what i told him)

DiRTyBuNNy
07-04-2002, 09:35 AM
if you put new tires on a honda and a week later they pop are you going to blame honda or the company that made the tires? oh well...can't help that i guess...

nutz
07-04-2002, 09:55 AM
You know what you described here is basicly the emag trigger frame. If u want an electro mag the emag is your gun.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-04-2002, 10:08 AM
well...see..I didn't go to college for math...but lemme break this down for everyone...if you actually wanted to go buy the eMag frame by itself..it's about $600, instead of a $200 aftermarket electro frame...now...I don't mean to insult anyone's intelligience here...but in now way is someone who's looking at a Hyperframe going to say..."Nah..I won't get the Hyperframe..I want the eMag frame for 3 times as much.."

FeelTheRT
07-04-2002, 10:32 AM
this topic was brought up countless times. It just won't work, besides AGD did an Emag conversion program a while back, I am not certain if they still offer it but it costed $600...

jah871
07-04-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
well...see..I didn't go to college for math...but lemme break this down for everyone...if you actually wanted to go buy the eMag frame by itself..it's about $600, instead of a $200 aftermarket electro frame...now...I don't mean to insult anyone's intelligience here...but in now way is someone who's looking at a Hyperframe going to say..."Nah..I won't get the Hyperframe..I want the eMag frame for 3 times as much.."

yes but you have to already have a mag to put the frame on. so sell that gun depending on whats on it you could sell it for 200-500 then you could just add to that to get an emag. its rather pointless for AGD to make an electro frame because if someone wanted an electro they would just sell there gun and buy an emag.

mykroft
07-04-2002, 02:44 PM
Well, do you have the problems with an E-Mag frame that all the cheap electro frames have? Of course not. Tom Spec'd a big solenoid, and large battery, and that's where the cost is,as well as in the frame itself (manike's mentioned the frame is very complicated & expensive to mill). It comes down to 'You get what you pay for'.

You want a decnt frame that works 90% of the time, buy a $200 frame, you want one with 99% uptime & a built in backup (manual mode), you pays the cash.

FreshmanBob
07-04-2002, 03:36 PM
also the electro frames like booyah and the hyperframe chew up sears pretty badly and have reliability issues. I'd rather spend 600 on a conversion than have to buy a new 200 dollar frame every month or two.

jwa158
07-04-2002, 05:45 PM
how bout just an electronic z-grip for e-mags?

SIGSays
07-04-2002, 05:54 PM
why the hell would you need to buy a new e-frame every month or so... hyperframe are reliable... they don't chew sears if you install them right.. tard?? your wack...

CpSuPeRkId
07-04-2002, 06:55 PM
ok i found my answer FINALLY in a search in that HUGE thread when everyone just burst out wiht the idea and tom said that its a possiblity for next year but not this year. well by then ill have an emag xtreme but its still a good idea for next year for all those lower end mag users wanting the electro feel but dont want to give up quality

crgowo
07-05-2002, 11:29 AM
im not implying anyting but where did you see that post?
"tom said that its a possiblity for next year " just curious.