PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone! General questions.

Arturus
07-04-2002, 02:04 AM
Yeah, I haven't been around and so....

Back to my great tradition of newbie questions.

:rolleyes:

I have time again to get back into paintball this summer, and where better to return to then the forum - One I'd like to call home.

Gonna get m'self a Warp Feed! I have a dozen threads or so from the forum that I saved last year when it was introduced, so I'd have no problem when installing one... Just have a few questions. They're general ones, so I posted them here instead of the tech forum.

1. Have their been any changes/upgrades to it that I should know about? I'm about to buy one and just wanted to be aware of it, so I don't get handed an old version.

2. Since I'm right-handed, I'll be mounting the Warp on the left. I have a hopper right, meaning that I probably don't have to use the 90 degrees adapter right?

3. That's about it.

Yeppers, I'll also be getting the lvl 10 when it comes out of full testing... or at least when I can find the link to it. I read somewhere that I can call and purchase one, if I mention that I'm a forum member?

Thanks to the forum in advance.

:)

boggerman
07-04-2002, 02:18 AM
Last part first, yes you can still call and order if you are a loyal AO member. On to the warp, mine is setup just as you are proposing, be aware that if you want a tight setup, you will have to drill your hopper for the hose to run through or heat and mold the hopper to wrap aroud the warp hose. If you are not concerned about the tightness of the package, you can run the warp at a bigger angle, moving your hopper out to clear to feed hose. And, no, you won't need the 90 degree adapter with a HR/PF mag with the warp on the left. Hope I got everything, and welcome back to AO.

Arturus
07-04-2002, 03:39 AM
Thanks Boggerman - for both the response and welcome back!

You pretty much answered whatever little nagging doubt I had on my mind.

I forgot one more though - Any recommendations here for rechargable batteries, so I can save money in the long run?

virus
07-04-2002, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Arturus
Any recommendations here for rechargable batteries, so I can save money in the long run?

batteries (http://www.batterysupply.com/9v-nimh-batteries-chargers.htm)

these are what i use... also PTP makes a 12v mod for the warp... it makes it spin faster and with the 2 9vs reged down... they last a little longer... unless you shoot more then a couple of cases in a day these should work good for ya....

Load SM5
07-04-2002, 09:49 AM
Oh and there has been one upgrade for the warp but it should'nt be an issue unless you buy a used one. The metal diverter plate was improved with a new plastic one.

FrAuStY
07-04-2002, 10:36 AM
Just to let you know...about the batteries... I use a rechargeable niMH 9.6 1600 maH battery. 20$ at radio shack. I played for 5 hours... ran 2000 rds through it.. and it stil lruns like the minute I installed it. I'll be getting my digi cam next week and I'll post some intricate pics of my entire setup :) Needless to say..I left the 9.6v plugged into my warp and the warp was turned on for the past three weeks I didn't play..guess what..it still runs like a champ. I believe I'll have to re-charge this battery once every 20,000 rds. I think I'll turn the sens up and let it run till its dead. Anyway.. pm me if you want pics in about a week on how to rig it like me :)

boggerman
07-04-2002, 12:37 PM
I wired my warp feed with the parallel 9v mod, they seem to lst pretty well. The dry shell RPS paint sucks them down pretty bad, but I still managed to get 5-6 days of play out of a set of duracell batteries. I have been thinking that rechargables would be the way to go in the long run also, so let us know what you come up with.