PDA

View Full Version : if only todays world was built on trust

SIGSays
07-04-2002, 04:39 AM
trading and selling and buying *EDIT* If only the AO members of the world wouldn't use cuss words.....Army makes me nervous... i worry i paid but get no item or i trade and get nothing

Timmee
07-04-2002, 01:37 PM
Simple solution: Only buy/sell/trade with people who have good feedback. I always try to post good feedback when I complete a transaction with someone online, so just check through the feedback forum, and you should be fine.

FutureMagOwner
07-04-2002, 01:39 PM
or use a 3rd party exchange like coffey i think does

bornl33t
07-04-2002, 03:13 PM
hey Sig.... turst is not something you want when dealing over hte internet.... watch your back is easy though.. I've never had a problem since I learned my lesson...
ALWAYS use credit cards if oyur the buyer... cause then you have a company to back you up. And if your the seller, always demand payment first. Cause once it's sent .. it ain't coming back...

RT_Luver
07-04-2002, 04:12 PM
doin all that stuff over the net can be very worrisome. everytime I trade/buy/sell ovet the net...I always do my best to get it out asap hoping the other person will do the same

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-04-2002, 04:55 PM
Use my 3rd Party :D

Were are about to move to a .com website :D

Vegeta
07-04-2002, 10:10 PM
I get worried doing things online also, especially with private sellers... Basically I just look aorund on AO and look at who does a lot of good trading. (i.e. Tunaman) ... In fact.. I think I will be buying all my project junk from Tunamart from now on... Highly Reccomended!

FutureMagOwner
07-05-2002, 08:20 AM
yeah when i got 130 or so im gunna have him buy an rt body and modify it to fit a regular mag! tuna is awesome from what i have heard

alkafluence
07-05-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Timmee
Simple solution: Only buy/sell/trade with people who have good feedback. I always try to post good feedback when I complete a transaction with someone online, so just check through the feedback forum, and you should be fine.

This a chicken before the egg problem. Look at me. By the number of my posts, it's very unlikely that I would have traded anything here and thus would have no feedback - so you wouldn't trade with me?

How is someone supposed to get feedback if no one ever wants to take the first step and trade with someone who has no feedback on the AO forums?

I've actually been on the bad end of some trades elsewhere. I bought my Apocalypse Air System off a classified on warpig and it took literally 3 weeks of "nagging" after the payment was received on the other guys part to even get him to send it. Boy was I worried!

But my point is... you guys wouldn't trade with me because I have no feedback? How am I supposed to get feedback then?

Just my $.02

FutureMagOwner
07-05-2002, 09:24 AM
like i said always use a 3rd party system. coffey does one as i mentioned and he has good feedback

pito189
07-05-2002, 11:30 PM
I have found the easiest way to make sure that an internet trade goes well is to talk with the person first. I they won't talk with you and they don't have many different ways that you can get into contact with them then DON'T trade with them.

-Jôker-
07-06-2002, 11:34 PM
i think the deal shoudnt just be over night talk with the guy first make sure you know what your gettin ALWAYS have a address not PO box plus phone # AIM email etc etc and give out the same there are trustworthy people out there you just gotta find them...

Obsolete
Jah forgot the #s thinks its 578?

those 2 guys i trust 100% ALOT of the people here are trustworthy nice and all around good people and if you have a gut fealing that says this guy is gonna screw me DONT trade better safe than sorry

3rd party sounds good until that extra dough come in which i never have :( lol

if the person has good feedback its a plus but just beacause they have never traded with people here before doesnt mean they are gonna screw you just rem to get info and call them before you ship to be sure about the trade and the # be cauatios and you shoudnt have a prob just use common sense if somtin doesnt sound right dont trade ;)

Dubstar112
07-07-2002, 04:19 PM
From experience, good feed back DOESNT MEAN ANY THING! My mag got ripped off with a trader that had good feed back. He had lots of it, so I felt over secure, and did a straight up trade.

So, when I do a trade, I always get phone number, then look it up online to verify that it matches the adress Im sending it to. Then, I call them, and if its minor that I am dealing with, I have intentions to speak with thie parents. Ive done this already, and didnt know the kids phone number, the web is useful.. more than i thought :)

MrAirgunRT
07-07-2002, 10:09 PM
Coffey, aren't you only like 13 or so? Not flaming but I couldn't trust a 13 year old and all with my stuff and the stuff im trading for.

obsolete898
07-07-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by -Jôker-
Obsolete
Jah forgot the #s thinks its 578?

Thanks for the compliment, but what does that mean.:confused:

FactsOfLife
07-07-2002, 10:20 PM
The world IS built on trust. Unfortunately there are plenty of unscrupuloous dirtbags out there salivating to take advantage of it.

Online is fairly safe. Be alert. Take notes. Get names and phone numbers. Use the phone number for a reverse lookup to verify the name. Use Coffey's third party service. Use paypal. If you are conducting a transaction over ICQ or AIM, capture the session and PRINT IT. Here's a big one and not overly used I think, ask the buy/seller for REFERENCES. If there's one shred of doubt, DON'T DO THE DEAL.

Oh and Vegeta, get my whole quote man!

Linux was that peanuts character who used to carry the blue blanket around to protect himself from the bad guys.

FactsOfLife
07-07-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by MrAirgunRT
Coffey, aren't you only like 13 or so? Not flaming but I couldn't trust a 13 year old and all with my stuff and the stuff im trading for.

Let me tell you about coffey.

I had my nicely worked over impy going to Nutz for his E-Mag.

Between the two markers we had enough invested to buy a third world country. To say that I was a bit nervous is an understatement. I didn't know coffey from a hole in the ground.

Coffey handled himself so well, and with such professionalism, that I thought he was an adult. I was fairly stunned when he told me his age.

I just shipped the E-Mag back through him for another trade. I use him exclusively.

His demeanor and maturity far surpass most of the adults I see on here. They could take a lesson.

-Jôker-
07-07-2002, 10:27 PM
i meant you werea good guy and trustworthy

obsolete898
07-07-2002, 10:32 PM
I read it wrong, not only am I trustworthy but I'm an idiot.

MrAirgunRT
07-07-2002, 10:33 PM
Factsoflife, I STILL, if EVERYONE on this forum said he was trustworthy, would not deal with him third party trading. Sorry Coffey, if you are mature as Facts thinks you are you will understand.

FactsOfLife
07-08-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by MrAirgunRT
Factsoflife, I STILL, if EVERYONE on this forum said he was trustworthy, would not deal with him third party trading. Sorry Coffey, if you are mature as Facts thinks you are you will understand.

then by your reasoning, I would expect that you won't trade with ANYONE on these forums.