PDA

View Full Version : A little lvl 10 help here please!

EnW
07-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Everything was going great until I slipped the valve into the main body...the bolt is a little big to go through the hole in the spring landing inside the body.
Anyone else have this type of problem? I did eventually get it to go through the hole with some force,but I after I put air to it...it wouldn't fire. I guess because of the TIGHT fit!
I took the valve back out and the bolt was still stuck in the main body. It took some more of that force I was talking about to get the thing back out.

Anywho...do I need to sand the bolt a little or what?
Just thought I would ask before I put it on the grinder!(not really!)

FrAuStY
07-04-2002, 11:05 AM
What kind of gun you using? I think the SFL emag has a smaller diameter bolt.. (could be wrong though..) Call AGD and ask them..no one else has posted anything about this. :eek: Good luck... hopefully I'll get mine tonight or tomorrow.. if not..guess I'll be waiting for the second shipment..even thought I bought it online 2 hours after they posted about it being up for sale.. :( I hate waiting..

EnW
07-04-2002, 11:08 AM
It's just a plain ole' run-of-the-mill Emag.

Load SM5
07-04-2002, 11:19 AM
The SFL takes a larger diameter bolt. Call AGD, you may have gotten one by mistake. Heck, you may have gotten mine by mistake...give it back!;)

BlackVCG
07-04-2002, 12:42 PM
Does the bolt step up on the outside towards the tip? If you have some calipers, measure the outer diameter of the bolt out towards the tip. Let me know what that number is.

AGD had a problem with shipping Xtreme superbolts as regular Mag bolts and they would be too tight in the gun. I hope they aren't going to start doing that again... :rolleyes:

Call AGD right away and tell them what you've told us and they'll resolve it.

EnW
07-04-2002, 05:41 PM
Yes it does have the step right at the tip.
Aaaaww man...I wanted to give this thing all it had this weekend:(
I'll give them a call tomorrow...hope they are open!
Thanks for the help;)

KayleAGD
07-05-2002, 07:12 AM
I have seen a few guns the same way already. What I have done is use a large round file to take a little away from the washer inside the body. It doesn't take much , so be careful..

Kayle

Eric_AGD
07-05-2002, 07:32 AM
The SFL Super bolts have an addition ring around the tip of the bolt. When you look at the bolt, there will be 2 rings at the front end of the bolt. 1 ring is where the 2 pieces meet and may have a slight copper color. The other ring is further forward and is a small radius cut all the way around the part. Chances are you do not have an SFL bolt because we just got those back from the brazers.

I have seen a couple of mainbodies where the base washer (the steel ring that supports the bolt spring) is "mushroomed" over a little bit, making the id smaller. You can correct this by running a 45/64 or a 18mm drill, or ream, through it. If you dont have those size drills, a round file will work, just be careful not to take too much material off.

Eric