PDA

View Full Version : BAD BAD things... broken body need a hand!

fenris69
07-04-2002, 09:47 PM
Hi guys, my friends p/f body has broken! I haven't seen the damage, but from his description the weld/tack on the bottom to the tab with the screw hole(from body rail) has snapped off. No idea how this could happen as he's never taken it apart...but there you are. What might he be able to do about this? Is it covered under warranty? a fee perhaps?
thanks in advance!

Ze'ev

a_malfunction
07-04-2002, 10:12 PM
If it was a manufacturing defect, AGD will replace it. If it was from abuse, they'll make him buy a new one.

fenris69
07-04-2002, 10:20 PM
Well, as i recall the body is in pretty nice condition, and as I said he's not the type to do more than remove his barrel...so he'd have to send it in then? maybe a tech could shed some light. No rush, he wont be playing for a few weeks. thanks for the response!

FrAuStY
07-04-2002, 11:14 PM
He needs to call AGD about sending in his mainbody and the "pem" or as you called it where the screw goes in to hold the body to the rail. This way they can determined if it was stressed until breaking or if it was just a bad weld that didn't hold. Anyway I think he'll need a R/A return authorization for it. AGD will probably need serial numbers too but I'm not sure. Anyway.. good luck :)

fenris69
07-04-2002, 11:42 PM
thanks a bunch guys, you and the rest of AO are bloody great! :)

paintbattler
07-05-2002, 11:16 AM
call AGD...nuthin duct tape wont fix