PDA

View Full Version : Rec Ball Hell

genericpaintbal
07-05-2002, 01:26 PM
So we go to this extremely decked out rec ball field yesterday. I mean this place is woods and a half and 75% of the people are shooting like pro-carbines and m98s. So when me and my team get there, they threaten to kick us out because we were wearing our old poo brown JT jerseys. So after convincing them to let us stay, the owner of the field comes over to us and personally <B>*POOF*</B> to us because we have full auto guns. Well my whole team shoots automags with intelliframes, retro valves, except for one kid that has a hyperframe. So the guy personally checks and chronos our guns, and demands that we take off our hand velocity adjusters. Also I must tell you there was 250 people there. So the game starts and theres only about 4 refs for the whole game. my team and I have 2 refs on us constantly, checking us for paint and making sure we aren't going full auto.

<B>*Warning: No cussing*</B> -Miscue

FutureMagOwner
07-05-2002, 01:33 PM
dont go there again plain and simple. if the owner and refs are going to be <B>*POOF*</B> to you a PAYING customer when tehy have no idea what they are doing(it seems) then it isnt worth it

and by having 2 refs following you is taking away from the low saftey that seems to be there to begin with. and theres nothing wrong with tippmanns btw

<B>*Warning: No cussing*</B> -Miscue

Jonno06
07-05-2002, 01:34 PM
its a n00b field,for n00bs,by n00bs.....

genericpaintbal
07-05-2002, 01:36 PM
i know theres nothing wrong with tippmanns, but stating theres the most population of them there

Blennidae
07-05-2002, 02:15 PM
You might want to bear in mind the owners view. Its possible he had a "team" show up with some high end markers and play "light up the newbies". Thats one sure fire way to drive away potential customers. He may have seemed hard on you, but if it was your first time there, he doesn't know you or how you intend to play.

FrAuStY
07-05-2002, 03:56 PM
I agree with Blennidae...but I disagree with how it was handled. The owner should have observed your habits/ROF before making any presumptions. I know at a field I frequent... the owner will only want to check your gun if he gets any complaints..i.e HOT or F/A. Other than that...hey noobs gotta learn what getting lit up feels like sooner or later. Thats just my .02

magman007
07-05-2002, 04:02 PM
why would he care about your jersy;s? xcept for the team aspect

genericpaintbal
07-05-2002, 04:53 PM
my whole team has been there before too, but not together and with jerseys

Cow
07-05-2002, 05:04 PM
That just sounds like normal everyday discrimination to me. You show up with your friends and you all have matching jerseys on... no big deal adn to me that says you know the game and know better than to shoot hot or what have you. Now the idiot owner is probably a real redneck and thinks you're just out there to shoot up little fat kids and their dads (that's why i'd be there, lol) but he should have given you the benefit of the doubt. One problem with this world is that everyone seems to be way way too sensitive and overly hyper for their own good.

n00bies who get lit up should want to spend more money on a faster marker so they can light people up; i don't think they'd want to quit. If they do then they're p*ssies and should stay indoors.

Blennidae
07-05-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Cow

n00bies who get lit up should want to spend more money on a faster marker so they can light people up; i don't think they'd want to quit. If they do then they're p*ssies and should stay indoors.

Personally I think the attitude in the statement above probably has something to do with the "descrimination".

Think of it this way, you go out to play a nice friendly game of football with some buddies. Then a pro team shows up and proceeds to beat you and your friends into a pulp. Do you want to go back and play there? If it was your 1st time playing football, what impression would it make on you?

A lot of newbies are just that, 1st timers. If you get "lit up" as a 1st timer, you might not want to spend big dollars on a high end gun to get revenge on some other newbie. Your 1st experience was not FUN, so you don't want to do it again. It only takes one hit to get an elimination, there is no need to "light them up" unless they aren't calling themselves out after the one hit.

I don't know the field or the owner, so I can't say if it was discrimination. If the field had 250 people there, chances are the field operator knows his customer base and was trying to keep it.

FutureMagOwner
07-05-2002, 07:25 PM
cow i suggest you edit out that swear quick since they already previously censored me out(if im not mistaken it was filtered to begin wtih)

irbodden
07-05-2002, 07:51 PM
If the field is designed for new players, don't get angry when the tell you not to play shoot the guys with rentals. Your bussiness means alot less to them than the other 250 people there who are first or second time players. Many fields don't even want to deal with the "tournment" players and their atitudes.

If the field is made for new players, find one that isn't and respect the owners prespective.