PDA

View Full Version : why does my mag smell like sumthin is burnin inside it????????

virus
07-05-2002, 01:58 PM
like the title sayes... my mag smells like something is burning.. seems to be coming from the p/f area teh most... so i am assumingits either the bolt (was like this also before i installed the LvX) and my barrels dont like each other or there is some pretty good friction going on inside my valve.....

the setup is retro valve, 14"jnj or 8.5" taso, the input on my tank is between 1k-1.1k from my flatline.... it varries a little but does not go beyond 1.1k....

now that i really think about it it could be caused by the input... and i do oil it every time before i play... i'm using KC trouble free for N2.... i could try going back to the gold cup oil to see if it is the KC that is making it smell that way.... but i figure i ask you all first

FrAuStY
07-05-2002, 02:56 PM
Thats what you get from firing it at excess of 15 bps!! Yer burning it up! J/k...

maybe dirty air? I know sometimes you can get a bad smelling fill from a scuba compressor. Afterall if its for scuba use...all you need to care about is its got oxygen and nitro, and its clean/lint free. I've noticed a fill that smelled like tire air (you know how it smells if you let air out of a tire right?) Needless to say I brought it up to my scuba shop next fill and they said all their custs that had a fill that week said the same thing.. they drained the tanks (800 cu ft) and replaced the filter..no more bad smell. Good luck..

virus
07-05-2002, 04:23 PM
hmm... i'd like to think its from firing in excess of 15bps =)

but the highest i/ve ever got over the chrony was 12 once... mostly 11 is my normal high 10 no prob....

and thats true i didn't even consider the air.... though i've noticed it ever sence i've had my retro.... 3 different fields.... anyway i'll have my scuba back today with its fresh vip and a good fill.... so i'll have to play with it some more today and see if i still get that smell...

also now that i think of it the bulk tanks at all 3 of the fields were hooked directly to the compresser... didn't really see any filters... but i still would like to think its from firing my mag to fast =)

FrAuStY
07-06-2002, 11:58 AM
I think we all would... it'd me another mag bragging right... I can fire my gun sooo fast...it smells like its burning....oh wait..thats not good...anyway...bet YOUR gun can't DO that!

virus
07-06-2002, 01:50 PM
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/derr.gif

sure.. another thing to bring up over at PBN to get them going =)