PDA

View Full Version : ANS bolt

Polishpickles451
07-05-2002, 03:10 PM
Just aquired ANS bolt. Previous owner says he liked it alot. I'd like your opinions -- ONLY if you have used one of these bolts, I don't want anyone to give me a shpiel about how aftermarket parts are terrible and what not. I'd like opinions from people who have used one.
In general I am wary of aftermarket parts but i'd like to give this one a try

Miscue
07-05-2002, 03:11 PM
I had one. Lost foamie. Put back stock bolt. Noticed no difference.

FrAuStY
07-05-2002, 03:23 PM
Had ANS phase II bolt.. (foamie style) I used it for about 10,000 rds.. never had anything bad to say about it. The one time I used a foamie on it though...I chopped like mad. I removed the foamie..and voila worked like a charm. Don't knwo why this was tho. It said it was foamie..but it wouldn't work right with a foamie on it. I did notice slightly less efficiency with that bolt. I guess it was due to the restrictiveness of the 8 little holes as opposed to the three big holes in AGD's Stock bolt. I had to turn the velocity up with the ANS about 1/4 turn to make up the difference between two bolts. Overall out of 10...I give it a 7. It has since been replaced by the stock bolt as I was getting 2 shots per pull. The rim on the bolt where the sear engages, looked like a garbage disposal chewed it up. When I went back to the AGD bolt..no problem.. no problems since then and its been well over 8000 shots. Doesn't look anything the ANS bolt.

Thrash
07-06-2002, 11:36 AM
I have one and i'm still using it. The fomie came off and I don't really want to but it back on. I guess I like it but I bought my gun used and it had the bolt on it. I want to switch to the stock one to see what it's like but it looks kinda rusty and I don't want to mess it up. Help

madmag21
07-06-2002, 11:47 PM
i use the ans phase 2 and i likes it alot...you dont notice any differace between it and the stock barrel unless you bore is to big for your paint but its still better than the stock but i have yet to shoot the super bolt

BeerCitySk8brds
07-08-2002, 10:32 AM
Does everyone get this bolt when they buy a gun off of someone? I just bought TKO off of my friend and it came with this bolt. He said that someone gave it to him for free. Im going to use it this weekend for the first time. I shot it a lil bit and I didn't see anything wrong with it. I will post results after saturday.

paintballisking
07-08-2002, 10:54 AM
i had this bolt for about 1year and i shoot maybe 8000 rounds through it and i started to chop like it was my job. well i did every thing new fomie no fomie could't figure out what it was. i played with my nubbins till i couldn't look at another piece of wire come to find out one day just looking at it valve the power tube was blocked? looked at the bolt the power tube post broke off and lodged its self in the power tube. i have talked to alot of people about it and no one has heard of anything like that ever happening. i oiled the bolt and every thing just go stock becase it all produces the same volume of air aginst the ball or get the level 10 it's worth the money

sexyrussianman
07-08-2002, 05:00 PM
hey, i cant say i have first hand expierince with this bolt but the captain of my team and best friend had one for quite a while. Heres what i saw. while he had it in he was always fumbling with his gun, breaking paint, cleaning everything. he decided to get a superbolt and i cant say if seen him break a ball since. id say i saw him put about 15,000 through the ans and about 10,000 through the super. id say get the super bolt or if your willing to wait a little get the level 10.
~kyle

RetroEclipseMan
07-08-2002, 10:32 PM
I have the ANS Phase II and cant' say that I have ever had a problem with it. The only time I have ever chopped paint with it was when the wire nubbin in the barrel broke and more than one ball was feeding but that was it. I would say give it a shot and if you don't like it than switch to the stock bolt.