PDA

View Full Version : upgrades

paintscrub
07-05-2002, 05:23 PM
i have a powerfeed mag and i am planning to seerly upgrade it but i dont kno where to start its already hooked up with some stuff bu not nearly finished. i was wondering if anyone would recomdend the booh yah trigger frame or if goin electro is just totaly stupid and would it be good if i added an rt valve first. and about hoppers wut would be my best bet without going warp. any suggestions for anything else id greatly appreciate. thanx

kosmo
07-05-2002, 08:21 PM
From what I hear, boo yas aren't that great. Centerflags are very good however, the one I shot had a very nice trigger. They also have great customer service. As far as hoppers go, Halos are the best without going warp. Make sure and get the halo b though. Retro valves are very nice, but not entirely necessary if you have an electro frame on there, although you might get some shootdown. If you're going all out, get a nice powdercoating, maybe a custom rail and foregrip too. Tyson Machado makes some pretty cool stuff. And make sure you have a good air system on there too. I reccomend a Flatline or a Max Flo. Oh yeah, and don't forget level 10.

marley618
07-05-2002, 08:48 PM
I say don't go electro. Get an intelliframe and a retro valve. That combo is great. And a nice adjustable tank so you can change the reactiveness of the trigger if you have the money.

magman007
07-05-2002, 09:03 PM
ok first off, what is your mag like now? things i suggest first and fore most is nitro, if you dont have it already. Then get level 10. then a freak kit, and to round it all off a retro valve. then if not already equipped get an intelliframe. and after all that you will realize that you could have purchased an e-mag

paintscrub
07-05-2002, 09:52 PM
lol thanx but i don think im gonna spend as much as one of those. on my mag now i have a double trigger, custom grips (dont really kno which though), a 68 cu 3000psi tank with WDP lock sok(want to eventually upgrade to 68 5000 or 88 4500 or something) a giant dropforeward, benchmark forerip, o and the body is powerfeed. i think i wanna stay away from the freak since i pretty much stay with the same paint and the small factor that there 200 bux (which i dont have) where can i find the halo b cuz everyone says get the b gut all i can find is the original and wuts the difference? thanx

j.t.
07-06-2002, 01:07 PM
Whatever you do DONT put a Booh yah on it. I have a friend who ruined 3 different automags by putting booh yah frames on all of them. It only took about 6000 shots before the sear and bolt were chipped badly.

paintscrub
07-06-2002, 01:11 PM
ya thats wut lockawam said o wait wrong site but ya ive heard they screw up guns would u recomend the mako since its cheap or is that a piece of junk

j.t.
07-06-2002, 01:50 PM
as far as i know the mako and booh yah are nearly the same

paintscrub
07-06-2002, 01:51 PM
dammit that sux that means i hafta spend like 300 bux on the hyper. kno of any others?

j.t.
07-06-2002, 01:56 PM
You may want to try shooting alot of paint through your mag with the stock frame first. A couple cases at least. After that the trigger will be broken in better and you may not want to go electro. I know i was very surprised at how much better the trigger got over time. Not to mention, it takes about that much firing to learn and adjust to the trigger well. Good luck in your upgrades though. I think if you are going to upgrade it get your upgrades through AGD.:D

paintscrub
07-06-2002, 01:59 PM
i have ive shot maybe 5 or six cases i think (plus i have a double trigger which makes the pull alot better) and i want electro reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllly badly call me a pussy but it was mainly y i bought a mag over a cocker

paintballrulzs
07-06-2002, 02:10 PM
predator paintball.com has hyperframes the cheapest as far as i know. Hyperframes are awesome and if installed and used correctly the wear will not be more than a regular old mechanical mag. Good luck. Check the misc forsale i got another barrel and bolts for sale :D